2 > 1 > 3 = Wrath of Cortex

2 > 1 > 3 = Wrath of Cortex

Attached: A4AE31D7-9F8B-42F6-BCC4-AE9810AEFA7C.jpg (800x800, 154.65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=rsvHQCTgHvg
youtube.com/watch?v=qAXQt7TrjoY&ab_channel=DingoCrash
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nearly agree but how the fuck is Warped equal to Wrath of Cortex? It's just a shittier version of Warped in every single way.

It has the exact same problems as Warped. Lack of focus, too many lame gimmick levels. The actual platforming levels are fun though, even in Wrath of Cortex imo, though it is lacking in polish and refinement.

2 > 1 > 3 = Twinsanity > Wrath of Cortex

Attached: 1655072279386.webm (1280x720, 2.84M)

Warped was the best one when I was a kid. Why everyone hating on it? 1 is way too repetitive, 2 is forgettable, 3 was an epic PS1 title. Flying planes, jet skis, a motorcycle, the platforming levels themselves were the best they had ever been in the series. It was the best one, bitches.

Because the vehicle levels are gimmicky, railroaded, clunky and boring compared to the platforming.

Looks right to me.

The motorcycle was railroaded yes, but the plane levels and the jet ski levels were fully fledged 3d environments.

You also have to remember this is the PS1 days. Yeah the plane level was pretty basic, looking back, but at the time it's like "oh shit? I get to fly a fucking plane? Woah!" and of course you were probably like 8 or 9 years old at the time and that adds to the effect.

You have to remember that there WAS a time where something like a "turret" section was greeted with joy and thought of as "the best part." Nowadays it is boring and trite, and too many games do it, but 15+ years ago turret sections were the shit. Crash Warped should be looked at through the same lense.

>plane levels and the jet ski levels were fully fledged 3d environments.
They were a big boring square with invisible walls.
Even as I kid I could barely stomach the plane jet-ski levels, that's how bad they were.

2>=3

For me they were fun and added variety. Crash 1 was the hardest for me to finish. Just felt like the same levels repeating again and again and again and again. I know Crash 2 and 3 also do this, but there is enough variety in 3 to make it palatable.

People play 3D platforming games to platform, not to race in a badly designed mini-game.
Spyro 3 had the same issue.

They are the same problems, but WoC doubles down on the mistakes that Warped made, making it a worse game.
I'll still replay Warped occasionally, but I never want to bother with WoC again

Even if I don't like 3's gimmicks I'd say it's still better than Wrath because the soundtrack was still listenable. Wrath music doesn't feel right + it suffers from the exact same gimmick problems as 3

>3 = Wrath of Cortex
Alright, you're out. Get the fuck outta here. You had your little moment, time to fuck off.

I don't think they were badly designed though. Getting the 3 talisman (gold trophy) for the timed trials was fun as fuck. You had to be pretty perfect and avoid mistakes to make them, as I recall. It was good stuff. And like I said before, they were hardly "mini games" back during the PS1 days. They were legitimate games back then kek. Today they are like mini games.

If Twinsanity was actually finished it would have been great, the humor and voice acting was on point.

2 > 4 > 3 > 1
All 4 are good though. WOC is shit and officially a non canon game so I don't include it with the first 3.

>2
>forgettable
>when it has m.youtube.com/watch?v=rsvHQCTgHvg
You what

as much as i loved 3 back in the day for its vehicles and time travel theme.

2 is just about perfect, every level is tightly designed and doesn't overstay its welcome. You can blitz through the game if you know what you're doing but the collectibles are a balanced chalenge.

>non canon
god I fucking love the new devs, I wanted the post-nd era retconned for decades

Attached: 1520394857923.jpg (2048x2048, 939.83K)

For me?

youtube.com/watch?v=qAXQt7TrjoY&ab_channel=DingoCrash