What went so wrong?

What went so wrong?

Attached: shite.png (1311x927, 486K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R0qZTS38cjw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Valve screwed over the Artifact fanbase by cancelling the Artifact 2.0 beta without even allowing users to invite friends like they said they would in January 2021 and does not deserve your financial support for these gross consumer-unfriendly practices.

some autist kept spamming every thread with his crying about it.

How many times are you going to make this post and is there an endgame?

tried catching dota autists who actually hate vidro games

i missed when this released. what did go wrong?

They tried making a game which genre is essentially a precursor to moba's. Doesn't matter if it's fun in some capacity, people don't want to turn the wheel back on a franchise already ahead of the curb

Mediocre card game based on an IP which is synonymous with a very specific genre that has an obsessive and autistic fanbase who barely play anything outside of that genre.

it was announced.
youtube.com/watch?v=R0qZTS38cjw

Lack of communication from Valve and realisation that game barely changed through the entire beta stage which is very bad for a card game that needs constant updates to have new sets and stuff.

Gameplay was complicated, but it wasn't that hard or unfun as people make it out to be, some people just actively refused to learn the rules and expected it be less hostile, and coming with your own perceptions to a completely different game is a recipe for disaster.

Economy was pretty predatory too with tickets to play gauntlet. The idea was that like in offline games people would unironically just play with each other or in online tournaments and eventually trade cards with each other too (and people did to a degree, game had a tournament interface and features at the start) but people were already used to Hearthstone-like ladder grinding and were put off by these spiritually outdated systems.

Yes, gamers finally rise up and raid Valve HQ culminating in the public execution of Gabe Newell

Valve saw the initial response and gave up after a few months. They had the resources to keep going, but... didn't. Shame, Artifact was the most engaging CCG I've ever played.

This will never not be funny, literally booed and panned since the reveal

Attached: 1618414895227.png (580x658, 411.8K)

Nothing went wrong

Attached: qif44w7si8031.png (1660x892, 1.67M)

>What went so wrong?
released a game as a "full release" when it should have been a beta
missing features like ranked system, any form of progression that lets you earn cards without paying
basically there was nothing keeping people interested in it

on top of that when people quit because again, THERE WAS NOTHING TO FUCKING DO IN IT because it didnt even have ranked matchmaking, they just abandoned it and started working on artifact 2.0
but then they released the artifact 2.0 "beta" to very few people, again without any real features, and did not allow people to invite friends to it
AND THEN THEY SAID THAT THEY ARE ABANDONING IT BECAUSE NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE PLAY IT TO GET ANY REAL DATA ON THE BETA
CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS SHIT?! I LITERALLY KNOW SEVERAL PEOPLE WHO SIGNED UP FOR IT THE DAY IT WAS ANNOUNCED AND DID NOT GET ACCESS UNTIL IT DIED

You were supposed to sign up for tournaments and play with your friends like in the old times. That was unironically the intention behind some release design choices.

>1 year of beta, so the game was already solved at release
>A couple of months after release they go back to beta to "fix" the game instead of releasing new sets
>Give up because the hype died
They just had to release new cards, thats all the game needed.

This. Card games need constant expansion packs and meta shifts. Valve can't do that even at gunpoint considering how their updates for other games go.

In addition to the base game itself just plain not being fun (I think you got dicked based on the start straight up and being beat if their guy was bigger than your starting guy), the pay structure was assssssss where the cards are PAID and the game is PAID?

if your guy dies tho it gets respawned and you get to choose where to put them and its not easy to just move out of lane on your own

lol alright fair enough user. wasn't the length of a match ridiculously long as well?
that link doesn't tell me anything

then you're a brainless robot

but people are clapping?

without ears too

sorry i didn't focus on the video too much. i now hear the "aaaawww..."

>Valve thinking they are better than their competitors and charge price for a card game
>People had enough of dota so they were bummed when they heard Artifact is not a new game
>The game was lasting longer than a heartstone match
>Valve was quick to let it die

For just one weekend, the old internet returned. I will never forget those days.

I miss movie night

All these replies, but nobody pointing out why it actually failed.
The game was just bad.

Imagine a card game, trying to do what every other card game already does, resulting in a complete overkill and an unfun game.
Remember the fucking arrows ?

I think I've played every online card game out there, and Artifact was by far the worst one

Attached: artifactlul.png (1893x1070, 3.52M)