Metroid

Hot Take: Other M had some good ideas, but they were obviously poorly executed.

1) Samus being a hot shot insubordinate GFed cadet. Makes sense with her already established disdain for following orders, and would be interesting to see how her Chozo upbringing clashes with Federation military culture.

2) MB should've been the actual Mother Brain. It's easy to forget that she's quite literally Samus' wicked stepmother, and this would be a good opportunity to explore that relationship, especially given the motherhood theme the game wants to have.

3) Adam's squad. Samus is a loner and her having to actively work with a team presents an obvious conflict. Again, especially given her literally alien upbringing.

4) Related to the above, working with Adam. Samus is a mercenary(despite what NoJ delusionally seems to think) who outright states that she hates taking orders. Have her whip out a contract and tell Adam that if he wants her to help, he can pay her.

5) Samus' civilian clothes. I just think it's a cool outfit. Plus, it's nice to see her just chilling in the city, like in the Zero Mission and Fusion endings.

Thoughts? I'd like to have an actual discussion about this without devolving into angry shitposting.

Attached: 1635503462090.jpg (402x1000, 48.29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

voca.ro/15gg1SHlRxY4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

didn't read but I want to cum in samus and get her very pregnant

yeah sure if you totally change everything about other m's actual execution into being something good it would have been good, but it's not and never will be and sakamoto was right to totally forget about it and make dread

Hotwife samus?

Other M is basically just Fusion but worse in almost every conceivable way

That's not really a hot take. But yeah if you changed every part of the character assassination, reduced the talking and plot, and made the gameplay not a snooze fest sure it could have been better.

I mean, that's basically what I'm saying, but still. Goddamn, it still irks me that the Chozo are never mentioned ONCE in this whole game. That's like trying to explore the backstory of Superman, but the Kents are completely omitted.

>1)
I feel insubordination clashes too much with Fusion's writing.

>2)
Except Mother Brain isn't a character, it's just a thing you fight. So it doesn't really make sense to try and build anything with that character when we already have a father figure in the story. That's the relationship that should be expanded upon.

>3)
She doesn't really work with a team though, they're all off doing other things, including sabotaging their mission. I expected more conflict though.

>4)
She should have been more assertive I think, perhaps if she was less willing to help it would've created a more interesting dynamic to build her relationship with Adam.

>5)
It's a cute outfit, but I think I'd feel better if she just walked around in her armor, which could be how to bring up and set up the PTSD. As in she always walks around in it because she's worried of being attacked (in the past).

It's more like omitting the Kents from Smallville.

>1)
I mean she literally says this in Fusion.

>2)
Mother Brain is indeed a character. She has this thing about wanting to bring order to the galaxy. Which makes her use of the Space Pirates hilariously ironic.

>3)
It's weird because none of them even acknowledge that they're suddenly hanging out with the heroine who saved the galaxy like 7 or 8 times by now.

>4)
Again, she's a merc. She should've demanded a paycheck.

>5)
I love how everyone low key agrees that Samus is secretly a socially awkward dork.

Attached: doesn't like taking orders.png (622x399, 639.16K)

/thread

other m did have some good ideas, and they were all ideas that were executed better in the manga, including samus's ptsd.

voca.ro/15gg1SHlRxY4

>Socially awkward dork
Yeah, no shit. She saw her parents getting murdered in front her by a giant talking lizard, was later raised by a race of turbo enlightened alien birds, joined the military, found her adoptive family dead and had to kill the giant lizard that killed her family like 3 times because the motherfucker just refused to die.
Yeah, I think socially awkward dork would be one way to describe her.

Especially the PTSD. In the manga, she was a rookie who hadn't properly confronted the trauma. Once she does, she's able to face and defeat Ridley. In Other M, she's a seasoned veteran who has slayed literal gods. A freak out just doesn't work.

PTSD isn't something you overcome, it's something you have to learn to live with and deal with when it gets bad. Typically people with PTSD have it for the rest of their lives.

The notion that she'd get over it by killing Ridley in Super is not only bogus from the basic misunderstanding that people commonly have about PTSD, but is also self defeating because the idea they're unintentionally creating is:

>"She thought she was finally free, but then this fucker appears in front of her AGAIN and she CAN'T get rid of it even if she blows it to pieces."

See the problem there, bucko?

Was it depicted poorly in Other M? Yes.

Should it have not been depicted at all in Other M? No.

Having her yell, "YOU DIED! I KILLED YOU! WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE? WHY CAN'T I END THIS?" would have probably been enough to sell people on the relapse.

>Having her yell, "YOU DIED! I KILLED YOU! WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE? WHY CAN'T I END THIS?" would have probably been enough to sell people on the relapse.
Hell, Prime 3 already more or less did that, too.

Attached: Shut the fuck up..webm (848x480, 2.91M)

samus's armor is a part of her body. she can summon it in an instant, or just parts of it. she doesn't need to wear it because she always has it. she doesn't need it to fight or kick ass. if you read the manga you'd know this. you'd also know that insubordination is part of her character, that mother brain has a very aggressive personality, that she does have experience working with a team, that she does like and respect adam, and that she enjoys wearing cute outfits.

Attached: metroid_v2_ch13_08.jpg (602x900, 218.77K)

*Samus hears a shrill screech and sees dragon wings*
"I know you. You're dead! I killed you! I killed you...like several times actually."

>Have her whip out a contract and tell Adam that if he wants her to help, he can pay her.
never going to happen. Sammy in nintendo's eyes helps the GF for the good of the galaxy and to stop space pirates, not for the money

samus hears a shrill screech and sees dragon wings

samus's brain goes schizo because that's how ptsd works and it disconnects from reality and fills her with the exact same emotion she had when she listened to her dad die and watched her mom get incinerated and eaten right in front of her.

PTSD is a psychological condition. It's not "Getting emotional", it's your brain deciding that now would be a good time to stop working properly and instead flood your body with panic attacks.

Looks like someone's never played Metroid for the Famicom Disk System

Attached: sd2ca68krqjz.png (816x612, 648.9K)