Why are Rockstar games always so cynical, is Dan Houser depressed? Does he need help?

Why are Rockstar games always so cynical, is Dan Houser depressed? Does he need help?

Attached: e783c43c3dd68193d0749ddec5004225.jpg (736x736, 40.39K)

they just poke fun at everything. i always laughed at the game michaels son played in his room before michael broke his shit. the stereotypical video game christian soccer moms thinks about that's 1 000 000 more violent than anything that exists today
cracked me the fuck up everytime

Attached: 15555799883.jpg (200x200, 13.26K)

because real life is depressing, cynical and full of assholes willing to fuck you over
different is that they're mostly criminals in GTA

>most of the original team are gone
>TakeJew holds full authority over what comes next
>GTAO 2 is the future
I'd be depressed to if that was meant to be the outlook for Thursday and every day after desu.

>Any Forums fails to understand meta commentary AGAIN
clock work

Shut the fuck up you annoying retarded faggot.

Jewish pessimism

Cope more red dead retarded
tranny

>haha capitalism! hahaha microtransactions sure are greedy aren't they? buy some shark cards you fucking idiot! go get mum's purse go on now!

Attached: 1581494935_Dan-Houser-goodbye-to-the-man-who-changed-video-games-1024x576 (1).jpg (1024x576, 61.85K)

what? i didn't fail to understand the meta in gta games

Does RDR2 have that same satirical, tongue-in cheek tone as the GTA games? I just want to play a straight western. RDR1 had a little bit of it but it was mostly a classic western.

>game about the land of the free
>made by the sc*ttish

Attached: 1661368428041451.gif (480x270, 2.8M)

They try to make jokes without punchlines. The world in GTA is filled with dumb, The Simpsons tier jokes, like naming a shop something crude or making someone a retard but they never follow through. You never see people get pie in their faces unless it's them getting killed or robbed.

>Why are Rockstar games always so cynical
It's called satire. GTA V's problem is just that it's badly written.

he left rockstar years ago

was right you Any Forums does fail at satire

>is Dan Houser depressed? Does he need help?
Working all the time overseeing the development of AAA games that have thousands of developers all around the world must be exhausting. Which is why I think he resigned from Rockstar Games.

Attached: qeowtli6aoe71.jpg (630x394, 30.89K)

>Why are Rockstar games always so cynical
Try living in America for an extended period of time and you'll have your answer

Attached: 1499980753537.gif (300x300, 2.13M)

>>made by the sc*ttish
not since 2

name 2 Rockstar games that you would call well-written

Bully.
Table Tennis.

GTAV is greatly written. It just get lost on zoomers

What do you mean by cynical? Those are games about criminals, what do you expect, Mario?

Aging but by all material standards highly successful devs, émigrés from the dead British Empire, commentate the decline of the American which is also their new home. Any modestly cultured Westerner would feel similarly, even the degenerate ones.

After 30 if you’re not cynical then life hasn’t taught you a thing.