Is this a decent game now?

Is this a decent game now?

Attached: no-mans-sky---beyond-version---button-1565744905061.jpg (1024x1024, 202.46K)

I bought it a week ago and I've already put in 60 hours. Yeah it's pretty decent. Don't get filtered starting out, it can be brutal until you get a footing.

It's the only game I platinumed and continued to play.

To go into a little more detail, you'll see a lot of stuff repeated on other planets, it's not so rich in content you'll always see something new. But there's still a lot to do and work towards. You can build a base on a planet, and get a big freighter ship you can land in and manage, you can own a colony, you can build mechs and vehicles.

But you'll get the most value if you like to build shit, or have friends to play with.

>they cancelled 4.0 because the queen died
fuck sake lads

Fun until you finish the main story mission, and then there's nothing else to do.

It's a far better game now than it was at launch, that much is indisputable. My problem with the game is one that no amount of patches will fix, because it's a fundamental issue with the core game design, and that's that the game's two major elements are at odds with one another. You can't really have a space flight/exploration game, and a crafting/base building game at the same time, the two are incompatible. The game wants you to explore, catalog, and discover a functionally infinite number of planets and star systems, but on the other hand, it also wants you to settle and build a base on a planet whose star system you probably left four warp jumps ago.

That sort of messed with me as well.
I'd get a message saying my settlement was being attacked while I was in another alternate universe entirely.

Guys, I can't be assed right now. How did even you reach me?
Then you have to deal with petty civilian squabbles after you clear up the sentinels.

Attached: 1636456796946.gif (640x910, 29.17K)

DUDE U CAN RIDE ANIMALS NOW XD

>add capital ships and fleets
>no fleet battles
no

Its good in a "oh god why am I still playing this 80 hours later" kind of way.

Attached: 1661289683717474.jpg (333x500, 64.18K)

What??

no

It's kind of a casual element, but at least you can warp between visited star systems all you want, though your starship being where you go every time is pure necessity. And you can do a lot of the base building on the freighter, if not all of it. So if you want to truly live the nomad life, you can forsake rooting yourself on a planet. All the elements you need are in every to every other star system anyways.

It's not, and I can't believe it has the reputation of being "redeemed".

Yes. Problem is you have people who expected the game to totally change and become something else. It is still NMS.

Attached: dog-suit_face.png (638x638, 404.88K)

Hey, listen. Knock it if you must, but I can ride on a fuckhuge mantis crab thing around and it's great... and it even allows me to strap starship parts on the side of it.

All the space side stuff is really undercooked still. Dogfights are piss-easy and there's even an auto-track button you can hold to have the ship turn towards your target (you don't have to use it but I hate that it's there).

you don't have to do EVERYTHING in a single playthrough, user

The creators are still basedboy leftists. What do you think?

Is multiplayer easy to do now or is it still janky as fuck?