Does anyone else miss the process of buying vidya?

The ease of online downloads is great but I miss the process of actually going to a store, deciding on games based on the cover art/screenshots on the back. It was exciting the lead up to go and actually get a game, going home and finally playing it. Now its pretty lackluster.

Anyone else miss that?

Attached: store.jpg (400x300, 49.71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dAywaOWz8Tc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nobody is stopping you from physically going to the store and buying a game.

You still can tardo

Wrong retards, as OP's mom my job is making his life miserable by denying him the pleasure of going outside, let my son grieve or back the FUCK off.

No, you're the only one OP.

youtube.com/watch?v=dAywaOWz8Tc

I wanted to go into a video game store recently, but they wanted people to wear a mask and I didn't have one on me.

Hell no. Last memory I have was in GameStop and the onions boy behind the counter was defending shitbulls and how they are a misunderstood breed

You can't really blame the store for that though

Sort of miss it. I just pirate everything now.

I have that enjoyment from browsing online stores. Not digital game stores but just online stores for video games. Even Amazon, but more the smaller ones.

That was only fun because I was a kid spending my parents money on a rare, once or twice a year purchase of a game. I could peruse hundreds of games id never even heard of, try to find good deals on games I heard were good, look at all the cool vidya merchandise and fight sticks and shit, and finally decide on some game with a anime badass looking guy on the cover for 25.99, read the booklet on the way home to familiarize myself with the world and gameplay, and no life a game for hours that day

Now I know any game worth buying already, see shelves of 40 copies of the same game lined up and old sports titles, have to spend my own money, see 90% of the store is “geek” merchandise with little or nothing to do with video games, the store is so crammed with shelves and stands of random shit that I can barely navigate it, everything costs shit loads of money, the only people in the store are zoomer retard workers, blacks, and obese women with their gay kids, games are lucky to even have a box if you purchase it, and you’re hounded to pay extra for a warranty or a subscription or pre order the newest gayest game. It’s Unironically soulless and depressing and I’m glad the next generation will never get what I got as a kid

i liked the brief period of ordering physical games online

Not really. If you live in rural areas you might have a shart in the mart but the electronics sections in those shrink more and more with each passing store refresh. GameStop despite the life line retards gave them in 2021 have still been closing stores like mad and really trying to focus on the shift to being chewy of vidya. This also doesn’t take into account game discs being drm keys only. Hell even the newer switch carts are drm keys only.

As a PCfag who has always downloaded his games since 2001 I don't really get it, internet shopping is so much more convenient, though I do have a physical collection of games that I already have bought online just to support the devs and have a nice little memento of the time I spent on them

>deciding on games based on the cover art/screenshots on the back.
I never actually did that. If i was going to the store, i already had a clear idea of what game i was going to get, mostly due to magazines or friends.

>though

it was always a bit hit or miss relying on the physical box. occasionally you'd see a game your school buddy talked about and you'd know it was good.

What do you mean? I've been doing the same method to getting vidya since 1996.

Attached: 57d.png (1673x2160, 2.24M)

I moss stores stocking videogames worth buying.

Stores were so expensive am glad they went down, even their used crap was overpriced. Barely any price cut throughout the years unless it was garbage nobody bought

I miss coming home after buying a game and taking the manual out of the jewel case and reading it while taking a shit before playing the game

I'd do it for used games because I liked collecting games for a bit