WTF you guys never told me this was going to be the best story driven 3D RPG i've ever played

WTF you guys never told me this was going to be the best story driven 3D RPG i've ever played
unironically mogs Witcher and ESO. 2011 was a better time.

Attached: dragon-age-ii.jpg (1920x1080, 216.7K)

Weak bait, post more Origins content.

Attached: Screenshot20220909073045679.jpg (2560x1440, 816.12K)

It's not that good but definitely overhated, it's much better than shitquisition.

*ESO
I mean elder scrolls in general. First of all, the facial animations aren't hideous to look upon unlike anything Todd's ever done.

II is the superior game, Warden.

Attached: female-hawk-daii.jpg (1280x800, 529.4K)

You overdid it, so it's super obvious that you're trolling.

>3D RPG
Nigga what.

I love origins so much that I am very tempted to play 2 just I can have more. But it's truly as underwhelming as people say I don't want to sour my thoughts of the first in some way. I'm especially concerned about apparent gameplay streamlining. Just how bad is the combat and how small is the map? I loved mage in origins. How'd they dumb it down?

On the off chance you aren't trolling.
Play the game a second time, and make all the opposite choices.

If you only play it once, and never again, and understand that you're playing as what Bioware intended to be the "Shepard" of Dragon Age instead of your own character, it's not horrible.

Just NEVER play it twice.

>tfw no seeker gf

Attached: Screenshot (468).png (1920x1080, 1.36M)

People exaggerate. It's an incomplete game because EA was running Bioware like a Chinese sweatshop, but some good stuff is still there. Just go in with expectations low and you'll have fun, engaging with the cast and all.
As for combat and mages, they were dumbed down but not too much, a trade for making combat faster. Inquisition fucking ruined the magic though, if you play that one go for anything but mages.

I played a mage in both games(fuck cisquisition, never playing it) and always sided with the circle for the most part. In hindsight I have to say, the mages all deserve to die. The reason? Anders. It just took one little mage to completely fuck up everything in DA2. They have entirely too much power for their own good. See also: the dumbass mages that became the first darkspawn.

enjoying my playthrough with all highest settings
>new modern art public sculpture the city council paid $3M to commission

Attached: Screenshot (469).png (1920x1009, 3.67M)

Attached: Screenshot (471).png (1920x1080, 3.61M)

Why does DA2 look graphically inferior to it's predecessor.

Supposedly, an intentional change of artstyle. In reality, it's a half-finished game built on the same engine. Even if you play in ultra (and you don't have the bug of disappearing clothes), it looks just the same but with cheaper aesthetics.

Yeah, Bioware is excellent at writing these moral crossroads where they write an overpowered dangerous group as poor victims you should feel bad about, and when you think about it for two minutes you realize it's complete bullshit. See the Krogan for more.

Threadly reminder that based Loghain did nothing wrong

Attached: _dragon_age__loghain_mac_tir_by_lrtrevelyan_df390br-fullview.jpg (1280x1542, 258.79K)

This game throws a stupid amount of enemies at you. The difficulty really is artificial as fuck. Just spam magic AoEs to win. No tactics, just spam magic explosions, and that's it.

Postan in a terrible taste thread. In a 'has never read a book in their life' thread. In a 'this is one of the only stories I've ever experienced so it must be the best' thread.

Are you talking about the first game? If so, I agree. Welcome to Western vidya design.

well what games do (You) like then?
OP said story driven 3D RPGs user. not the canon of western literature

yeah it seems Brioware's idea of difficulty is "just throw 10 enemies at them"