I miss it bros

I miss it bros

Attached: file.png (1272x1080, 1.46M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GIcY9IY-_8M?t=208
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The whole point of Mirror's Edge was that the city was soulless as fuck

Damn is that really what the city looks like in Catalyst?

It hurts how dirty they did mirror's edge

how the fuck did they even make that game in 2008
I played it earlier this year and it still feels very fresh

could've done without the ugly wojaks or whatever the fuck that cancer is but Mirror's Edge is
crème de la crème when it comes to environmental design.

we're at the technological and cultural peak back then

Attached: clkf,bamboo,red,600x600-bg,f8f8f8.jpg (600x600, 39.98K)

Yes not because of the architecture, but because of the authoritarian state.

i can't fucking take it no more

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png (45x38, 3.47K)

Everything about it was timeless, shows that a good art style goes a looong way.

The city is used as a metaphor for it, though.

2019 post

As was the title: the Runners exist on the Mirror's Edge and see the parts of the city that are not designed to the satisfaction of the elite but to provide functional support. The government and police tolerate the illegal courier business to an extent because they know keeping the city going requires those opposed to them going about their business. The first game story begins because they've decided it's time to put a stop to it after so many years. Removing so many features of the city, 'smoothing' it out to favour form over function in what is supposed to be a prequel/reboot has disjointed the narrative it tells, alienating the fanbase that was rooting for another game.
>Games have still not advanced beyond 2008 and now rarely even match it

Nothing ages better than a short linear game with great art style and fun movement.
At the time there was nothing like it, that's why I think Catalyst failed. It's not unique anymore, both as ME and parkour game. Ideally a sequel would carve out its own path and do something unexpected, like expanding the combat and going full gun-fu. Removing the guns and locking abilities behind skill tree just doesn't do it for me. The aesthetic also got fucked and everything looks plastic.

Attached: 1634191839103.webm (360x203, 2.93M)

Yeah. Look at all those robust natural materials in that Mirror's Edge picture.

>A-a-are those c-clean s-streets?! HEEEELP!!! I'm being oppressed! Heelp!!

Clean streets are racist

Anyone notice a lot of 1920s and 1950s aesthetics is coming back? Well modified but still

I think the in-lore reason was that Catalyst takes place in a more affluent part of the city where the high caste outnumber the middle caste. Speaking of lore they took it into a whole direction I wasn't expecting with civil wars and stuff. I personally liked the architecture and the game, it wasn't just le generic futuristic and it still comes off as unique and filled with style especially for 2016 standards. Moves being locked behind upgrades was dumb but you can unlock all of them within like 4 hours. Also soundtrack was better
youtu.be/GIcY9IY-_8M?t=208

Attached: 1644960593236.jpg (1360x768, 293.98K)

got any examples? i havent noticed
are you talking about art deco?

dishonored is a good example of this