Made in Abyss

This game, much like its source material, is a casual filter.

Attached: Madeinabyss-bsfd Screenshot 2022.09.11 - 17.49.27.40.png (1920x1080, 3.09M)

Picked game up on a whim, beat Hello Abyss and just starting to explore the 1st layer with my macguffin. It's very relaxing and stylish, but I have no idea what my actual goal is anymore.
Can I really just go at my own pace and slowly look around the map, and do Relics respawn so I can farm if I want? Is there enough skillpoints to buy every skill so I don't have to be worried? And lastly, can I kill that giant peacock flying around?

What do we know of this guy so far?

Attached: 172533357_135476965250477_4002417640907264580_n.jpg (1084x1084, 154.5K)

I just beat hello abyss and started deep abyss. But I feel like I must be doing something wrong.
Enemies respawn the second I kill them, I barely even have time to harvest them, going up walls or ropes is the worst, I get ganked by 3 bugs instantly, attacking them destroys my weapons, and not attacking them they'll damage and poison me, i tried to rush up the rope through the curse, but it made me let go of the rope, when I finally did get back up, and the flying fuckers left me alone, i tried to eat a meal to heal myself, but one of those squirrels instantly spawned behind me and knocked me out of the animation.
I just ran towards the exit then, I did make it to Raul dying first though, so I cleared that mission.

But seriously, what exactly am I doing wrong? I want to like this game.

Playing Switch version btw.

You are allowed to explore the layer your whistle allows you to visit, go to the Guild HQ and get all available quests (no limit of how many quests you can have active), and you should progress. If you tell me which was the last quest you have done, I can give you a better pointer
>do Relics respawn so I can farm if I want?
Every time you embark, all item nodes/plants respawn, while for Relic nodes and large Monsters, it's RNG if they will spawn in this embark. Keep in mind any rope you placed also resets, however
>Is there enough skillpoints to buy every skill so I don't have to be worried?
Yes, you will be swimming in skillpoints too since you will likely get more skill points than available skills until your next Whistle
>can I kill that giant peacock flying around?
Haven't tried, but I highly doubt it. That thing is from beyond the 7th layer too, so it'd probably fuck you up

Patch where we get to see the described scenario when?

>Can I really just go at my own pace and slowly look around the map,
>Enemies respawn the second I kill them,
Haven't had the chance to play it yet, but some anons in another thread said the enemies start respawning if you spend more than "6 minutes" in a map. For anyone running the PC version, there's a mod to make enemies stop spawning. Guess you can't say nothing good ever came out of trannycord.

You are doing nothing wrong, that shit is intended and retarded. You have 5 minutes in each zone before creatures start appearing right behind you and stop you from doing anything
Unlock the climb dash skill ASAP, and spam that shit to outrun the butterflies (it takes more or less the same amount of stamina to climb)

There's also a mod that just removes the constant enemy spawns, but >Switch

stop shilling this trash, wtf, youve all got stockholm syndrome or something

Holy shit, is THAT why? So the reason a squirrel spawns on the floor the second i get off a wall, and 2 squirrels spawn behind me the second i cut 2 down, is intentional? That's fucking retarded.
How am I supposed to enjoy exploring? I couldn't explore in Hello Abyss mode because they don't let you go anywhere, and now in Deep abyss mode I'll get dogpiled if I take too long?

Also do you know if my character randomly letting go of the rope was a bug or related to the curse? because i was trying to get up as fast as possible while the bugs were hitting me.
If I can just power through it, I can do it just fine if throwing up is the only penalty, but this is gonna be an issue on lower layers.
But the 5 minute thing actually makes me sad.

Thank you for clarifying user.

No.

Attached: lain smirk.png (1520x855, 988.78K)

>it's a casual filter because it appeals to my fetishes guys

Attached: 1504193989926.jpg (498x497, 32.43K)

You gotta time things and prepare beforehand, I find. When butterflies fly at you during climbs, smack them away with your weapon by pressing ZR and a directional input. Regular enemies seem to spawn at very short intervals after you've been in the abyss for a while, so either time the interval with your eating or try that Smoke Signal when you need to eat (maybe). The basic idea, in my inexperienced opinion, is that the Abyss is fucking bullshit and you need to be one step ahead of them. If your weapon is close to breaking don't climb until you've got a weapon that'll last (if you can help it), for example.

>squirrels "spawn camping" as you get off walls and ropes that you can't prevent
>butterflies literally locking you into a wall and stunlocking you to death
>Squirrel spawns on the floor directly behind you and kills you as you're eating
FUCK YOU

Storywise I just have to explore and find areas I think, but gameplay wise I am not really sure what my goal is so I'm just looking around and being greedy. Thank you for the tips, user.

>highly doubt it. That thing is from beyond the 7th layer too, so it'd probably fuck you up
Damn. That smug bastard.

Due to how simplistic the AI is using that mod would probably remove like 100% of the difficulty though and turn it into just a casual pick up item experience with no threat, that sounds extremely boring.

According to Bondrewd, he's taken his last dive, completely evaded him, and didn't even take the elevator.

For some fucking reason the Goblets of Giants map just changed completely.
Now I'm stuck because the ledge leading to the Freezing Hot Mines is higher than 30cm.

I'm level 22 but I'm still a red whistle shitter, I feel like those old Blue Whistle fucks that bum around the Plummet Pub
no, fuck off *unzips my "great sword"*

>can be easily beaten by a random oc 12 year old with a pick axe yet still talks big
Ozen is a crumbling weakling that deserves to be roughly ganbanged by a group of haughty, lustful shotas. This old-timer deserves correctional naked hanging herself for being a disgrace of a delver that shames all white whistles.

Attached: 1494275380854.png (688x1019, 222.52K)

I didn't get my blue whistle until level 25

Whistle rank is main quest related.
Beat the boss at Multilayer Hill.

Pumping Ozen's barren womb full of my thick, hot, virile seed.

>According to Bondrewd, he's taken his last dive, completely evaded him, and didn't even take the elevator.
Kek based

The game made her even cuter surprisingly

>Due to how simplistic the AI is using that mod would probably remove like 100% of the difficulty though and turn it into just a casual pick up item experience with no threat, that sounds extremely boring.

No, it turns the game into an actual planning and survival game instead of a horde defense game. For example, in Layer 3 and 4, you can get infinite food and weapons from the infinite spawns and mining blue rocks.
In 4, it's especially egregious because the infinite spawns are bird that drop eggs and you can make infinite food with them if you have a supply of animal bones and access to any of the hundreds of blue mining spots for rocks to make hatchets or picks.

Without these spawns, you have to actually kill the HARDER monsters for extra food and try to plan your trips out.

Attached: ozen the cuck'd.jpg (1200x1200, 1.07M)

You guys ready for Aki to show up in the manga?

certain attacks knock you off the rope and running out stamina makes you drop.

nice, I thought I was doing something wrong.

When are people going to just go masks off an call the Japanese a bunch of degenerate pedophiles?

Must've been an attack then, that's even more terrible, you can die at any moment if the bugs attacking you knock you off your rope?

Attached: S01E08-Survival Training [A12A4747].mkv_snapshot_18.20_[2022.09.11_15.47.51].png (1920x1080, 1.8M)

I dont hate the tutorial that much, all the meters and depth effects overwhelm me

but yah, its kinda slow. Riko is cute tho

>How am I supposed to enjoy exploring?
????? this is the abyss not a park

The only good thing about the tutorial is Reg incinerating Riko

This scene was cool in the game

>Boo hoo hoo, I'm saying goodbye to some chick and her dog that I met like 3 days ago. Its the saddest moment of my life! For real!
Mark is such a little bitch

I haven't been down to those layers to be fair, but unless the AI suddenly becomes a hell of a lot more complex and nuanced with long agrro ranges later on I can't imagine that really making a huge difference. It'd just slow the game down and remove a lot of danger, at least with random spawns shit as they may be there's a chance that your item use will be interrupted.
Just look at Hello Abyss mode compared to Deep in Abyss, when playing as Riko (while your Reg glitched into something so he doesn't follow) you have exactly zero reason to be afraid of anything. Losing a fight? Just walk away. Need to heal? You're completely safe when not next to enemies. Climbing anything? Now your sole concern is just stamina levels, not even the Ascension effects matter.

I agree that they're shit too and an actual solution would be nice, but I don't agree that removing them does anything but reduce difficulty.

i know the patch is meant to just be bugfixes and difficulty adjustments but i hope it adds even a little new content. i already miss playing

Attached: 1636153981160.png (1365x768, 1.4M)