Was this the worst "modern" commercial of all time?

Was this the worst "modern" commercial of all time?

youtube.com/watch?v=ke05YELaAgA

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 119.02K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_jbEXIzcZIA
youtube.com/watch?v=C3c_JDDp99k
youtube.com/watch?v=XTVcoedDbxA
youtube.com/watch?v=g0ha6Mb5_YQ
youtube.com/watch?v=lQKr2mFrJws
youtube.com/watch?v=8wJIbF512FE
youtube.com/watch?v=Z0E2lmgLF_k
youtube.com/watch?v=PC_6aOfQHns
youtu.be/70nl-CZzoes
youtube.com/watch?v=uI3rO3PbYOo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Soul.

less. This game was marketed awfully, this commercial screams baby game and it played everywhere.

Still better than WOASHI A DOUBLE YOSHI EXPLOSHI

FOOLS
youtube.com/watch?v=_jbEXIzcZIA

Smash 4 commercials got pretty fucking bad.
youtube.com/watch?v=C3c_JDDp99k
youtube.com/watch?v=XTVcoedDbxA

youtube.com/watch?v=g0ha6Mb5_YQ

I can't believe I used to collect this shit when I was younger. The idea of having obscure Smash characters that would never ever get merch was so cool to me.

The first amiibo one is kino, it's so dumb and cringey that it wraps back around to being unironically funny to me.

because it is a baby game. you are a manchild and are upset about being reminded

youtube.com/watch?v=lQKr2mFrJws
youtube.com/watch?v=8wJIbF512FE

No, this had incredible meme inertia and definitely helped sell the game

youtube.com/watch?v=Z0E2lmgLF_k

Nah, I actually fucking hate Splatoon and anyone who is still playing this shit. It was marketed as a baby game but is played by dudes in their 20s. That's why its a terrible commercial, besides the cringe lyrics.

t. kid

What were they thinking?
>Level 5
They weren't thinking at all

It's a nut, you can play, outside.

OP said modern you illiterate retard.

im okay with either, whatever keeps the thread rolling

There's a graph out that shows Splatoon is played mostly by girls in their 20s. You don't have to lie.

>worst
The fact that you and I and everyone else remembers this commercial shows it wasn't the worst. I remember people shitposting
>YOURE A KID NOW
>YOURE A SQUID NOW
all the time, it was very effective marketing.

this is some sakuracon tier shit
youtube.com/watch?v=PC_6aOfQHns

Probably up there with Nintendo's earliest commercials. If they had gone as far as having some retarded kid bouncing around and actually turning into a squid it would have surpassed the Link Rap and the SM64 green screen shit

I still wonder if that Smash Bros commercial would fly nowadays

You don't fucking know how bad game ads can get.
youtu.be/70nl-CZzoes

Attached: 15472174914.jpg (750x720, 33.02K)

Aw hell no, the Link rap is peak 90s.
youtube.com/watch?v=uI3rO3PbYOo

Splatoons biggest marketing mistake is that it advertised itself as a game for little kids but is a competitive shooter that expects the user to understand fashion and what Shibuya terminal is

80s* sorry.

>Our game system is failing, boss! We need to market it better! Any ideas?
>*Zach Hadel voice* Yeah uhhh make a commercial showing a greasy half naked single guy vomiting diarrhea in his apartment and then ripping his own spinal cord out his mouth before beating himself to death with it
>.... Anything else, boss?
>Uhhh I don't fucking know make him rant like Angry Joe Show would I don't really care do you guys like Bojack Horseman?

This is the biggest cope I've heard from a Splatoon player in a while. Also, see

>but is played by dudes in their 20s.
It's played by children, retard.

>3ds/wiiu era of ads
i had completely sealed off this shitshow from my memory.
its the kind of bad that isn't even funny

Attached: 1613153698309.png (720x702, 606.5K)

Huh. I never even knew “you’re a kid now you’re a squid now” was from something

You severely underestimate the average age of the average Nintendo fan. Especially ones that play Splatoon. There is literal esports tournaments sponsored by Nintendo with competitive players in their 20s.

In the advertising world that's literally the best thing you could ever say about a slogan. The less you know about the source of a marketing campaign the better, ironically