Anybody else kind of shocked that a gigantic IP like Halo collapsed...

Anybody else kind of shocked that a gigantic IP like Halo collapsed? that's like Mario games going extinct or Call of Duty being shelved forever

How did this happen?

Attached: 1652943977080.jpg (350x350, 24.35K)

>gigantic IP like Halo

Attached: 16535739112.png (560x420, 357.36K)

Hasn't CoD pretty much gone the same way, just without the drama? No one talks about it anymore

Yes? it was THE biggest game during the 360 era and denying it is pure cope

Zoomer detected
In the Bungie era people were fucking retarded for those games and they were almost uncriticizeable even in the places when they had gigantically obvious problems, like all the cut and pasting in CE, just like tendieshit.

The hype for Halo 3 was unreal. At least 75% of Crackdown 1's sales must have just been people trying to get the Halo 3 beta codes. As someone who's never seen the appeal of Halo it was downright bizarre watching people go apeshit over a generic shootan game

They wanted it to happen. Ruined by social credit investors

No? Why do you think microshit paid $60 billions dollars for activision?

Halo has been a joke from quite a while.
Its not like Infinity alone killed the IP, it was just another nail in the coffin

We're reaching critical levels of underageness

The quality of CoD hasn't crashed (though some clear fuck ups with some installments), they've never even had a Battlefield 2042 shitshow either.
The only issue is that they pump them out yearly and have so little changes they make Pokemon look daring and innovative by comparison.

Literally ignored Sonic that went from iconic to laughing stock. There was literally an ad that claimed they'd stop making Sonic games if the next one was bad. Somehow they are still making Sonic games.

halo has always been the butt of the joke. in 2004, the most exciting thing about halo 2 was dual wielding, meanwhile, on pc, the most exciting thing about half life 2 was the graphics, physics engine and modding community. halo is a joke franchise, all your console games like halo, cod, and assassins creed, were always considered bottom of the barrel AAA garbage

Not really. reach was mediocre and didn't even come CLOSE to touching 3's greatness, and it showed by the mediocre sales of 4, and 4 was also just fucking horrible, people were still huffing bungie's ass with destiny 1 on top of that. 4 was the absolute nail in the coffin, there was no chance it would come back again.
MCC was a nice attempt but in the end it's just nostalgiabait.

>sales

CoD also adapted to the market and made a f2p version with battle pass version of the game (warzone). Meanwhile halo just made horrible decisions for decades.

I don't even think this counts as zoomer anymore. I think you might be the first Generation Alpha user I've ever seen.

this

I don’t even care for Halo as an IP but denying its impact is like saying downplaying the invention of the lightbulb.

Its gotten so bad that sometimes I forget that Sonic was ever an industry icon and I grew up with a Sega Genesis

Shit games and competition just had better games.

note that all seething replies assume your age, when the ip was popular only among Americans barely in their teens and with a shitty console, while adults around the world laughed it off playing better on PC

Attached: file.jpg (1052x720, 390.09K)

If you seriously can't remember a time when Halo was absolutely massive you geniunely have to be born after 2005.

Trying to sound edgy while using "adults" just exposes you as a 13 year old.

Not really.
All the talent left after halo 3, then each game got worse.

naver cared for halo, played the first one on PC and it felt boring with the maps just being huge, straight forward corridors and valleys