After playing this for the first time after playing every other Fromsoft game first I genuinely believe that the devs'...

After playing this for the first time after playing every other Fromsoft game first I genuinely believe that the devs' priority while creating this game was to annoy the player as much as possible with infuriating "gotcha" moments rather than create a fun and engaging experience. I'm not trying to be disingenuous or just shit on the game because it's the popular thing to do, it's my honest opinion that they were intentionally trying to piss the player off, and the biggest clue that this is not accidental is the opening quote from the Firekeepers saying "you'll die over and over again mwahaha" like the devs are directly taunting the player.

Attached: Dark_Souls_II_cover.jpg (256x369, 39.65K)

let me guess , you played the Sotfs version
go play the vanilla version OP , pirate it if you need to
it's much better

Agreed. But it's still the best souls game

I beat it last week and it was easy as af. I beat most bosses first try. In every other Souls game, even the easy ones like DeS and DS1, I struggled against at least a few bosses on my first playthrough.

SotFS is the devs' vision for how the game should be, it's just that their vision is retarded. I shouldn't have to play a compromised version just to enjoy myself.

ok you got filtered

Well that's the thing, the bosses are braindead easy but the levels themselves (that is, the stuff you're doing for 90% of gameplay) are just an endless onslaught of "haha didn't see that coming did ya?" sucker punches.

Why the vanilla version has more "gotcha" moments.

>After playing this for the first time after playing every other Fromsoft game first I genuinely believe that the devs' priority while creating this game was to annoy the player as much as possible with infuriating "gotcha" moments rather than create a fun and engaging experience.

Welcome to the Tanimura experience.

Attached: Tanimura.jpg (1000x4764, 1.22M)

You have to understand for people with patience, intelligence, and awareness those "annoying" gotcha moments are what's fun to avoid and overcome. And they were there in the first game. So nothing changed except they're probably a little less trial and error instal kill moments.

Please explain how you can apply patience, intelligence, and awareness to avoid this gotcha moment.

Attached: Untitled.png (1599x913, 2.84M)

it has less actually
less of everything , less ambushes , less gangs
forest of the giants , heides tower and iron keep are perfect exemples of how atrocious Sotfs is

never play a game where tanimura is involved.

It's been a long time since I played this. What is going on here?

When you try to open the door a hollow breaks it down and attacks you. No hint it's going to happen, and even if you've played the game before and know it's going to happen, there's no way to break the door in advance or avoid taking damage.

There's an enemy waiting behind the door that triggers an attack against you when you open it, It's scripted so you can't avoid it.

>After playing this for the first time after playing every other Fromsoft game first I genuinely believe that the devs' priority while creating this game was to annoy the player as much as possible with infuriating "gotcha" moments rather than create a fun and engaging experience.

Yes, and Tanimura did the same thing for Elden Ring

-some rogue is waiting behind the wooden door
-another one is shooting poisoning arrow at you from afar ( same room) and you will get encircled by hidden hollow if you head toward him
-a third one ( club) is waiting just around the corner at the end of the ledge just after this door
-two others will jump at you if you go up the ladder
this place is cancer

This is vanilla though. Doesn't happen in scholar. I don't understand the issue. You just want the game to not have enemies in it or traps or ambushes? That's the whole point of the game. You just wanna walk through empty levels?

Attached: 1644347999812.webm (1280x720, 2.71M)

not as many as the scholar version
but then again the vanilla version is not innocent

I've got no issues with traps and ambushes, but they should be constructed in a way that an observational and cautious player could reasonably avoid stepping into them without needing to have played the level before.

Ok cool no evidence or facts to back anything gotcha. Also ambush and ganks bad because...? Sounds like you just wanna walk through empty levels and every encounter be a 1 v 1 because you're bad.

Not all of them. The whole point of an ambush is catch players off guard. And if you're caught off guard the important part is that you can react and improvise. It's only frustrating if it's an insta kill trial and error gotcha but that's rarely the case. You get more of those in DS1. Like the dragon bridge for example.