Are there any Japanese made indies other than Cave Story worth playing? The ones on Steam look kind of bad

Are there any Japanese made indies other than Cave Story worth playing? The ones on Steam look kind of bad

Attached: 162.png (640x480, 13.41K)

Tranny game

Little Witch Nobeta

Attached: Nobeta_feet.jpg (1800x1209, 501.97K)

Yume Nikki
Touhou, and the fangames

I think they only make hentai and dating Sims

La-Mulana

Eiyuden Chronicles 100 heros is coming out. creators of the suikoden franchise made their own studio. does that count as indie?

Crimzon Clover

Pharaoh Rebirth

Ace of Seafood is worth playing, but also kind of bad.
I've also heard good things about Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth, Rabi Ribi and that one Touhou metroid-like but I haven't played them myself.

Hellsinker
Rabi-Ribi

Nobeta is made in Taiwan afaik
Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth is indeed great, but also very, very short. I'd suggest waiting on a sale. It's also on game pass, if you have it.

Rabi Ribi is fucking amazing.

Based Rabi Ribi chads

Attached: 1656824503741.png (853x1000, 521.53K)

>La-Mulana
What version of this do I play? I like the look of the old MSX one but you can't even get it?

Bunny Must Die

Attached: bunny must die cat boss.png (640x480, 588.69K)

The MSX version is free on the dev's website I'm pretty sure but the newer one I think fixed some puzzles that were broken or something

Rabi Ribi is fucking awesome but also not Japanese. It's a chink game.

Honestly one of the best games I've played in years. If you like drawing maps and writing your own notes, don't hesitate to pick it up. It's a real treat!

Attached: Ahamkara-Ann-Init_01-23-22.jpg (1026x574, 83.2K)

Is the Steam version okay? It's so much uglier than the MSX one

Gameplay wise its much better but both versions have their merits
I'd recommend checking out the Steam version first before the MSX style one