Do you agree, Any Forums?

the fps genre died with the matchmaking update to tf2. there are still some surviving Source mods that still have community servers, but most of them have less than 500 players.
(((they))) have won.

Attached: 1651390648002.png (595x633, 77.85K)

I fucking hate matchmaking. Especially in TF2. It completely changed the entire structure of the game.
I loved being able to just join a server and play for as long as I like and leave whenever I like. Map changes every 30 minutes. It was perfect. They completely fucking ruined it.

IDK if this is a troll or he's a lolcow, but I totally agree. Competitive has ruined multiplayer games and I now immediately ignore a game that emphasises it.

This, it's annoying as fuck to have to sit through that whole end of game screen for 3 minutes. 70% of the people leave and you're left with a half dead server when the new map finally loads only to have the rest dc as well cause there's not enough people anymore to play anyway.
Just let me play the fucking game, I don't want to stare at a fucking scoreboard for 5 minutes just to play tf2.

1000%. When they started adding auto squads and removing custom server browsers as the default in battlefield that was the end of the series.

If I want to play Metro 24/7 with no explosives, I fucking will.

Attached: 1356023097355.png (200x200, 71.34K)

I agree. If we're still talking about examples from Valve, they decided to put community server menu in their games as hidden away from the main menu as possible, that also helped. When developers such as Valve do that sort of thing, imagine other developers, of which they didn't even allow community servers in the first place.

he made a pretty based game.

Attached: 1631517184549.png (981x529, 779.69K)

There's no doubt whatsoever making MP games too serious made them worse, and corporations monetizing them into esports entirely sucked the fun and soul out of them.

24/7 plr_hightower... home...

Attached: 1632474069695.jpg (1920x1080, 558.42K)

So basically games should be playgrounds with no rules, and not actual games?

>games should be playgrounds
Yes.

no rules > overenforcement of rules

Yes
Games are at their best as a platform for social interaction

>no ruiles
every server had their own rules and variations, which only increased gameplay.

Absolutely
FUCK rules

Stop playing shitty zoomer games then. Play HLL and RS2, those games still have dedicated servers and a browser.

I would play more fps if custom servers were still a thing. I want to be able to make my own server or play on servers of my choice - run by people that i like and trust. Not rely on some garbage company who only matches me with people who don't play the game the way i want to play it.

absolutely, the most fun I've had in a long time in an FPS was when I recently played Rising Storm 2 on a clan server hosting weird and glorious player maps, like a moonmap or a map with 12 planes linked together constantly flying

Attached: moonmap.jpg (637x358, 63.73K)

Grow up

>2010 source game
>download weapon skins/sounds off gamebanana
>join ze_ server
>say hello to the 15 regulars that i got to know by playing on the server, we formed a tight community and talk to each other to this day
>send them a screenshot of my new konata ak47 skin over teamspeak
>we have a good laugh and play until most of us are tired
zoomers will never experience this

Attached: 1650871590995.png (648x181, 46.81K)

CS:S is my most-played game to this day for this reason. I played so fucking much of it on community servers. It actually felt like a community.
I enjoyed bhop, the low-grav scout sniping... shit like deathrun/jailbreak felt like I was on a gameshow. It was so cool to me how these moments could just emerge out of the game. 'competitve' multiplayer doesnt really interest me. multiplayer comes alive when its real humans interacting and experimenting with the game's systems.

>a zoomer telling boomers to grow up
Oh the ironing.

matchmaking and sbmm are fucking trash and objectively make games worse
take hunt shodown for example, playing at 4 stars is nice and fun, but if you do well in like 3 matches you get tossed into 5stars for your next 20 matches at the very least, the game instantly becomes shit because you now have to deal with matches that are composed by retards that only camp outside the objectives to try to farm kd as much as possible

Cope, faggot.

>Play HLL and RS2
Romancing Saga 2? That's a jrpg, not a fps

24/7 ctf_convoy_v2...home...

Attached: 97129.jpg (800x500, 98.54K)

i don't mind sbmm if my teammates are on the same level as everyone else. the worst thing is when you get some shitters and have to play against full premades in the same lobby, it's like bashing your head against the wall.
FUCK apex

>tfw when of you rents a ts server
the best of times, fuck discord

Attached: teamspeaklogo_5d00347a0cb48.png (366x366, 97.61K)