Why did they drop the goofy physics system for a more realist one in IV and subsequent games?

Why did they drop the goofy physics system for a more realist one in IV and subsequent games?

Attached: 1659789203405.jpg (1529x2161, 1.72M)

Because the newer physics system is better.

realism makes GTA more fun/interesting

what doesn't make GTA fun is locking down the types of content, adding features without any depth like clothes stores with a whole 3 outfits, not allowing the main character to buy a second house or at least have a garage at all, little things

GTA4 was the perfect map and the perfect physics engine, it just needed a story with more colors than brown and gray, Ballad of gay tony should have been the main campaign

There literally is no physics system at all in the original gta trilogy, you dumb fucking moron

ballad of gay tony felt bland af. especially after Niko. the bikers are barely memorable but I barely played that campaign.
and GTA V sucks complete ass

then surely you also think gta5's story was boring and pretty much unfinished with all of the characters having no real motivations for anything they're doing with an ending that comes so quick with such a strong effect on the world and yet seemingly changes nothing other than people don't bother us for work anymore

Michael. thats all I have to say
Michael doesn't fit the typical GTA character, a husband with a family shouldn't be a main character in GTA ever (every scene that involves his family is pure cringe especially his son and daughter). I don't care how prone to violence they are, which was the angle rockstar was pushing for in the therapy sessions as an explanation lmao.
one way or another he was the main character Trevor and Franklin were the fillers thats why the game was awful everything felt forced in that game. it was like they ran out of creative story telling material and just shoved the meta of GTA in your face it just doesn't work, its too "happy" and cartoonish as well.

Attached: Untitled.png (1600x900, 1.64M)

>realism makes GTA more fun/interesting
It doesn't.

shut the fuck up with your goofy ass arcade car flip physics.

Attached: aAqAwjB.gif (360x203, 1.84M)

Actual fucking retard.

Attached: 1400532352414.gif (280x210, 1.41M)

Dumbest fucking post I've seen all day.

Based GTA4 enjoyer making Any Forums seethe effortlessly as always

Attached: niko2.png (473x645, 324.21K)

Because my entire car should not come to a halt when I hit a pedestrian

If you think 4 is realistic then you're out of touch with reality

Because the 3D era physics of GTA sucked ass and nobody wanted to go back after IV blew everyone's minds.

How

I admit I played GTA4 to scratch my autistic itch for immersion but you could get just as much enjoyment out of the insurance fraud missions in Saints Row

>goofy physics
what fucking physics you technically illiterate retard. they had none, at all.

Vice City is the best GTA, 4 and 5 fucking suck.

Not even the best game set in VC.

soulless

GTA IV's physics were great. I had a lot of fun just simply pushing people off ledges, like that one near a Burger Shot where people would land on the beach. GTA V's physics on the other hand were downgraded as fuck while peds have pitiful health. The only improvement was the dedicated face fault button.