Why can't nips properly balance games?

Tekken at evo has seen:
>2003 TT1 Jin/Kazuya vs Jin/Kazuya
>2004 T4 Jin vs Jin
>2004 TT1 Jin/Kazuya vs Jin/Kazuya
>2005 T5 Steve vs Steve
>2011 T6 Bob vs Bob
And we all know the dumpsterfire that happened in 2019 at evo japan. Likewise, KOF15 at Evo has had a mirror match GF as a team fighter, with almost every single pro game in 13 containing EX Iori and Karate on both teams. Similarly many DBFZ are just double fusion + LC21, with various characters in recent memory having to be banned from completive play (LC21, S3 Fahkumram, CP Kokonoe etc).

This begs the question, why can't Japs balance games to save their lives?

Attached: FcQD0J1WAAELCjx.jfif.jpg (719x506, 78.72K)

What game do you like?

>KOF15 at Evo has had a mirror match GF as a team fighter
There was a lot of variety within Top 8, Grand Finals was just between two training partners that run the same team. Unfortunate for the viewers but not on the level of XIII's Team $14.99.

As for Tekken & DBFZ it's pretty clear somebody at Bamco had the idea to release a stupid strong DLC character so everybody trying to get wins buys them before nerfing them into mid-high tier and releasing the next Top Tier DLC (with a weak character or two in-between to throw off the scent). SC6 was spared this because they didn't believe in the game in the first place and Create-A-Soul parts would push DLC anyway.

Attached: 1640628509390.jpg (1198x597, 520.79K)

>KOF 15
I think it's still undeniable that Krohnen and Kula are leaps and bounds above the rest of the cast, at least at top level.
>As for Tekken & DBFZ it's pretty clear somebody at Bamco had the idea to release a stupid strong DLC character so everybody trying to get wins buys them before nerfing them into mid-high tier and releasing the next Top Tier DLC
The funny thing is that smash ult (which is also balanced by bamco iirc) also has 2 broken DLC characters (Steve and Pyra/Mythra), but since they've stopped patch support, we're just gonna skip the nerfing into midhigh tier part

As far as JP fighters, UNIST is probably the one with the least oppressive toptiers, with bottom tiers like enkidu still making top 8, the rest of the mainstream ones like SF, Tekken, GG, and even BB all have or had horrendous balance at some point

Thank French Bread for GRD and good balancing; it makes all the difference

It's okay 21 is cute.

Fighting game devs in Japan (or anywhere) are not necessarily good at fighting games. They don't know what the highest level of play looks like until it gets released into the world.
Making a polished product that looks good, is fun, and is a mostly balanced experience at a casual level was the goal for most of the genre's existence. Japan in particular has a lot of inertia with business practices so they're taking longer to adjust to the expectations of the "e-sports" crowd who want everything patched within days.

There is a cynical part of me that thinks they might intentionally release broken DLC characters to drive sales. But I think it's more likely that the characters receive more attention than base game characters and accordingly have their kits more fine-tuned to actually be useful. This ends up being oppressive in the hands of good players.

tl;dr nip devs aren't malicious, just casuals

Attached: 3b1.jpg (1124x1024, 182.89K)

>people keep complimenting UNI’s balancing and unique game mechanics
>still can’t find people to play with
>netcode also severely limits connection range
Why does it have to be like this

Attached: E900C751-B9EC-43E2-B406-E7A54C24F4E4.png (314x314, 90.65K)

i dont think you played tekken or dbfz
leroy and lab 21 were clearly designed to be broken
some chars are just too good but they were more than that

As gross as it is, you'll just need to join a discord.

I've heard talks of them making a sequel
it almost certainly won't have eltnum though :(

Not him but I'm really considering playing some of the really down-in-there poverty games you see pages for on Mizuumi and you literally can't play some of these games without Discord since a good chunk of them don't even have online.

I did, and there’s STILL nobody around me who plays. I’ve found that most NA UNI players on pc are in mid to east coast so the shitcode makes the game not worth playing

hurts more when you find out that Any Forums used to have UNI Lobbies all the time back in 2015-2016
French Bread is on good terms with Nasu and SUBTLE STYLE works with them, too; if she and Akatsuki were missing from the next game there'd be blood. They don't even need to be story characters; just a new gag character story about Akatsuki trying to continue his mission when the enemies he was fighting don't exist anymore and Eltnum just going around beating up more newbies and complaining about missing Type Lumina

They even had HD Blitztank sprites ready to go via BBTag if they wanted to toss him in. But I'd prefer to see Kanae or Fritz show up if you wanted more Blitzkampf/Perfektwelt in there.

Don't forget
>God Tier existing in 3s
>Elena tier existing in USF4
>SFV Luke

Attached: 1641316335183.png (2000x451, 69.27K)

We thought Lumina would’ve kept us busy while we waited for more UNI news. You can figure out how that worked out

Blitztank would be to UNI as Justice is to +R; a low tier with extremely polarizing matchups. If you can't get in, fuck you. If you can get in, you win. Would love for Fritz but personally would pick Sai instead of Kanae; he fits the setting better in my opinion and would pair well with Amnesia and Carmine, someone I'd like to see more of.I would love to see Blitztank as a midboss with a fight like Gigant-Takemikazuchi in Blazblue

>muh netcode
You're focusing on the wrong thing if this is all it takes to "ruin" the game for you, there's more to fighters than just "muh netcode" or "online"
>leroy and lab 21 were clearly designed to be broken
They weren't, those players just sucked ass at fighting them and they had just been added so it's no surprise players would gravitate towards them, I'd respect the devs more if they left them as they were and buffed the "weaker" characters instead

>they weren't
opinion discarded

>You're focusing on the wrong thing if this is all it takes to "ruin" the game for you, there's more to fighters than just "muh netcode" or "online"
buddy i hate to break it to you but the genre since SFI has been based around fighting against other people; the CPUs are for practice when no one's there and stealing coins.

>"muh netcode"
lol
>They weren't
lol