I skipped 1-3. I didn't like 4

I skipped 1-3. I didn't like 4.

When does Final Fantasy get good?

Attached: Final-Fantasy-IV-SNES.jpg (500x347, 88.83K)

FF1

Depends, what do you like about your RPGs?

there has never been a good final fantasy game

FFXIV, the only people that like 1-13 are nostalgiafags and no one likes 15. It's amazing that square managed to make 14 shitty games and 1 decent mmo

Tactics

V

Attached: Final Fantasy V.png (2400x1684, 1.56M)

Unironically IV.

IV, VI, Tactics, IX

Jack's game.

Attached: STRANGER_OF_PARADISE_FINAL_FANTASY_ORIGIN___Announcement_Teaser_Trailer_1-44_screenshot.jpg (1920x1080, 1.03M)

FF6

VI VII IX X Tactics. thats the list. everything else is gay or for women (looking at you XIII)

The job based ones(1,3,5) are a bit grindy but good. 6 through 9 is the golden age of the main series

Lack of stereotypes, believable characters, natural dialog, choices.

>I skipped 1-3

No go back and play the original NES versions it will make you appreciate the later ones more.

9 > 15 > 13-3 > 7 > 13-2 > 13 > 6 > 12 > 10 > 8 > 4-5 > 1-3

Attached: Final Fantasy II (Japan) [En by Demiforce v1.03] [Bug+Title Fixes by Parasyte v1.0] (Weapon-Magic Exploit Fix)-220910-010620.png (1172x896, 1.53M)

Try playing 1-3

12, all the 13s and 15 are the only good ffs

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 65.42K)

Bame one rpg like that

Most CRPGs and the Witcher series.

You're looking in the wrong genre

user, as someone who fucking loves Final Fnatasy, I think you're in the wrong franchise.
Every game makes use of stereotypes to some degree, and no game in this franchise really has any choice to speak of outside of gameplay-based ones in games where the job system is heavily used.
Best I can recommend you is probably Final Fantasy Tactics, It's a widely beloved game but even then that's a crapshoot for what you're looking for.

Name*
(Phoneposting was a mistake)

Gets good at 6, peaks with 9, crashes hard after 10.

Yes

Attached: 1660522391724709.png (480x320, 136.62K)

I TURNED MYSELF INTO A SPLINTER, BARTZ!
I'M SPLINTER EXDEATH!

It doesn't. Ever. They're generally not good games, they're not the best JRPGs in their respective fields unless you really like a certain style.

I - III are really their own deal
IV & V their own small set too with a larger focus on narrative and battle
VI is the middle ground between V & VII and is the best game in the series for people who hate VII and for some reason never played IX or XII
VII is VI again but in a modern setting with more gameplay stripped out
VIII is the same shit again but now we're doing gimmicks
IX is a director returning to try and make a classic FF and is for some the best FF like VI or overrated
X is just VII & VIII again but no sci-fi
X-2 is the perverted fantasy of a man who loves transformation scenes
XI is an MMO made by a team who didn't play MMO's
XII is an SRPG with an MMO style battle system (kinda but not kinda), planning and an amazing story/setting/follow up to FF tactics by a man who makes SRPGs who had a meltdown, quit the industry and had the director of V, VI & IX take his place to finish the game
XIII is the perverted fantasy of a man who loves transformation scenes when he's told to make FF VII again but not FF VII
XIII-2 is the perverted fantasy of a man who loves transformation scenes who said "I'll do it right this time, for my waifu lightning, this will redeem her character" then he kind of forgot to have her in the game
LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII is the perverted fantasy of a man who loves transformation scenes who said "i'll do it right this time, for my waifu lighting, this will redeem her character, for reals this time" but he made a dress up simulator based on a nonsensical plot in the future barely connected to the other 2 games
XIV 1.0 was an MMO made by a team who didn't play MMO's but made an MMO before
XV was the other star studded XIII game that was in development hell for so long that it changed hands and XIII's sequels got greenlit.

And that's FF. They all fucking suck.

Link tio shader? That's an interesting aperture grille.