When you first started gaming on PC, were you blinded by its majesty?

When you first started gaming on PC, were you blinded by its majesty?

Attached: 25F9E98A-209B-46C2-9A10-3EB375EFFD3A.jpg (1200x900, 159.88K)

>533 MHz Celeron
This would be a good build for my Voodoo Banshee.

PC 1996, before that Amiga and before that C64.

>Plus, upgrade your PC to the fastest model on the market every 2 years for only $99!
Did anyone actually take advantage of that, or were they bullshitting with it? Imagine being able to get a top tier computer for just a hundred bucks all the way up to now.

i upgraded the ram on one of these once, but that was about it

Blinded?

Paralyzed? Dumbstruck?

Attached: E95D963E-DF2C-400D-BBE0-19DEDE6FFAEA.jpg (621x653, 53.89K)

No!

No I hated it. Installing games off discs and windows XP was super annoying and my custom PC would get outdated immediately.

Was super happy when I got an Xbox in high school and didn’t have to deal with PC gayming bullshit anymore.

PC has only had a resurgence because of Zoomers worshiping streamers and BR games, and also the rise of Reddit PC master race subreddit in the early ‘10s who migrated to Any Forums Any Forums

Nah, at least not until emulation became more accessible. Sure PC had a lot of great titles and the graphics were next level but most of the stuff was very segregated, either it was on PC or it was on console with not a whole lot of intersection. There was a lot I wanted to play that was exclusive to console. Once emulation became more wide spread and more games started receiving legitimate PC ports, it started actually feeling like more of a competition rather than the two just living in their own bubble. Started PC gaming in 96 btw.

It absolutely sucked because graphics were changing too damn fast and new GPUs were coming out every 3 months. Then Creative had to take a great idea like EAX and just run it into the ground, and we never had cool 3D sound since.

No, because most of what I could play was freeware games, demo CDs, and Flash games. I also occasionally bought budget releases, and they were a lot of fun.

Yes. The first game I played on my "gaming PC" (Radeon 9600) was Max Payne and I really was blown away by how better it was compared to the PS2 port.

>you will never buy trackmania at your schools book fair and play it on your dad's work computer again

I like Creative because they bought OpenAL from Loki, and a few years later they killed proprietary licensing for it. Making game developers use FMOD and Wwise instead.

No, it was something I fucked around with out of boredom in between console games.

Man I miss my Voodoo 2

Don't look up the prices of them these days.

Attached: snap001.png (1024x768, 1.16M)

I still don't enjoy PC gaming.

> Installing games off discs and windows XP was super annoying

This sounds like the most impatient brainlet take of all time. Have you visited a doctor about your brain damage recently?

No, absolutely not. It just had games on the platform I preferred. No majesty. The biggest thing PC had going for it since forever is more variety. Consolefags like crying out about their exclusivity while lacking entire genres.

Installer wizard running into errors due to some unknown hardware incompatibility isn’t fun, especially as a child.

You should try taking the cock out of your mouth

>8.4GB
damn bro stop flexing on me. i bet you could actually have a game installed on that AND install a second one without uninstalling the first.

Kids and custom PCs dont mix. Should have got a pre built i didnt have rampant wizard errors, only until vista but that was vista.