About to start this...

About to start this. Never played a Yakuza game but heard this one is separate storywise and I heard it has timed hits like SMRPG which sounds intriguing. What am I in for, give tips, etc.

Attached: image_2022-09-09_182738004.png (1465x1980, 2.92M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VV1lOo-T15I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump

bump

At least start with Yakuza 0 to get a feel for the series. But yeah its a fun turn-based rpg.

bump! :)

I'm getting close to the end of it.
I've enjoyed it.
It's not difficult to get into, so just play it. It's meant to be accessible.

You unlock the business minigame later, its worthwhile doing now and then as you get a party member from it

Really immersive, you play a member of the blood thirsty yakuza mafia, but everyone has a heart of gold and all your org does is good for the community, and you spend all your time at the arcades.
Fuck the Yakuza series

You don't play Yakuza for the main game mode/combat, you play it to wander around an absurdly detailed re-creation of urban Japan and discover extremely fleshed out minigames based on modern Japanese hobbies.

virtua fighter is fun

I couldn't beat Kazuya and quit, haven't picked the game up since. was I close to beating the game? should I pick it up again?

sorry I meant Kazuma, jap names all sound the same

I dont think you play as a yakuza member in 7 or hell most of them for that matter your generaly ex yakuza just getting out of jail being dragged in to organized crime shit yakuza is just the market title for America and in most of the series the yakuza are portrayed as overall pretty awful people with a handful of exceptions who still did some awful shit

Maybe I want to play as one of the truly awful people? Devs ever think of that? Every damn game out there that tries to portray bad people with you being part of it is the same tired trope of you escaping that life and changing your ways, fucking sick of it. No balls devs.

yeah but that's just not what the series is about Honestly they shouldn't have named it yakuza in the west so people would not jump to that conclusion that it was about playing one

Its a fun game with a decent cast that outside the main story doesnt take itself to seriously its on the easy side outside some post game stuff and one massive difficulty spike just remember to grab foremen for its exploration even if the class does not intrest you i didnt find out about it till way late in the game

the story is literally about yakuza and the politics of organized crime in that region. just because there is some random mini quest where you help a guy go on a date doesn't fucking mean the game isn't about the yakuza, you fucking retard

play 0

It's going to be like watching the disney Star Wars trilogy without watching the original. Characters are going to show up left right and center with pause for applause, and you'll have no idea who they are or why you should care.

i think you're acting dense on purpose because he obviously didn't mean the story wasn't about yakuza in general

Yeah your right about that but still your not really playing a yakuza member yourself and the first game was blatantly advertised as if you was one and was going to do mafia shit when that simply never was the case which is why i wished the series was named differently when they changed it from Ryƫ ga Gotoku/like a dragon

Everyone telling you to play 0 is right, but 7 was also really, really good. You'll have fun either way. 7 also has one of the most kino moments that you'll only appreciate if you play 0 or even one of the earlier entries.
youtube.com/watch?v=VV1lOo-T15I
This track right here is what plays during one of the most god-like moments in the entire series period. kids got fucking destroyed when this came on.

btw how's lost judgment for someone who has never touched anything yakuza related

you would be fine playing 7 first it doesnt matter desu