As someone who never saw any person with a sega console, what was like growing up with one?

as someone who never saw any person with a sega console, what was like growing up with one?

Attached: 1662760228465.jpg (600x450, 46.1K)

pretty fucking awesome

Until the SNES came out it was cool, after that it was pretty pathetic and tiresome. Sega kids back then were incredibly insecure and immature and a pain to deal with if you had above room IQ.

Growing up with a Megadrive was awesome, one of the best consoles ever. Master System was also cool. Even if it didn't have at first the support of that many third parties, Sega made an effort to make sure you could buy games from all genres.
Didn't have Saturn or Dreamcast.

You need to be 25+ to not have your opinion instantly disregarded in this website

Mega Drive beat SNES in Europe. It was the cooler console, edgier marketing and better versions of many games like Aladdin

>many games
>lists one

In Kiwifag land SNES had basically no traction so if you had a Megadrive you were King Shit.

>best version of aladdin
Debatable.

Genesis had a brief period of being cool when it had the Mortal Kombat with actual blood, but other than that Nintendo consoles got more traction at the schoolyard because they had better multiplayer games. You were the cool kid in school if you could invite kids to your house to play full 4-player TMNT, for example.

It wasn't that far behind in the US either. It wasn't until the Saturn where Sega completely shit the bed and lost all their market share. They somehow did better in Japan though with the Saturn, which is funny.

Attached: 1654470443046.png (600x1140, 767.38K)

Not really.
Gen version shits on SNES and PC.

>They somehow did better in Japan though with the Saturn, which is funny.
Combination of Sony assraping Nintendo, and Kamen Rider Judoman.

I owned a SNES yet got complete in love with the Genesis when I got a oc emulator of it gifted. Later I also got a snes one but the Genesis was still my favourite. I was the best in my class btw. Genesis games just absorbed me into them more. I passed entire days thinking about Dune II or Phantasy Star.

Genesis kids were like the 360 dude-bros of the time because it had the better sports games and marketed them more.

Also tons of important shit ended up multi-plat anyway like Street Fighter 2 etc. Wasn't as different from today as you'd think.

>They somehow did better in Japan though with the Saturn, which is funny.
Same reason Super Famicom did well, lots of Japanese specific games. Saturn was a completely different console there

My first console ever was a genesis at the ate of 5. funny enough I eventually got a master system since my parents won it in a raffle. I liked both consoles but I used to dream of also owning a SNES and having that mario all stars game collection. Once the n64 and playstation came around i started having every console ever. I had everything from the neo geo to the 3do to dreamcast.

Robocop VS terminator
Mickeymania
Contra
Shaq Fu
Earthworm Jim
Mortal Kombat

>Wii above PS3
Doubt.

A lot of fun, though a lot of the good games on Saturn we had to get through Japanese importers. Micro Machines on Mega Drive and Death Tank Zwei on Saturn (8 and 7 player respectively iirc) were great multiplayer games that were often played into the early hours on sleepovers.

>vgchartz
Can I trust?

This is just your opinion.

We got a Genesis pretty early basically because it could play the "advanced" arcade games we liked, like Golden Axe. I kept playing NES games at the same time though because we got that pretty late and you could get used games dirt cheap.

maybe graphically. I grew up with genesis alladin and its not a better game that one of capcoms golden era platformers

They're a legitimate source you can cross reference. USA were always the biggest toddlers and shifting the culture there was always the hardest work.

*also NHL Hockey on Genesis was insanely huge and everyone played it endlessly. And this is in fucking Florida USA, none of us knew one fucking thing about hockey before playing that game.