What is the PC equivalent of the Gran Turismo 4 from PS2?

What is the PC equivalent of the Gran Turismo 4 from PS2?

Attached: games-gran-turismo-4-gran-turismo-4-rx7-video-games-gran-turismo-hd-art-wallpaper-preview.jpg (728x546, 48.59K)

Gran Turismo 4 on PCSX2

I'm already playing like this, bro.

gran turismo 4 in PCSX2

Race Driver GRID maybe?

Attached: 07.14.2014 - 19.27.20.03.DVR.webm (960x540, 2.9M)

wacky wheels

I have GRID. Too arcadeish for me.
inb4 >Gran Turismo is realistic

Gran Turismo 4 running on PCSX2 with the HD remastered texture mod and dithering disabled. Reshade if you wanna get fancy.

If you really want something "native PC" then, uh, NFS Shift + Shift 2 I guess?

This too

Attached: GT4 PC HD.png (1200x675, 718.17K)

Not even Sony can make a game equivalent to Gran Turismo 4 for their newest consoles.

Gran Turismo 4

The one and only thing that is shit in this masterpiece of a game is that many of the hundreds of cars have limited upgrades for some fucking reason, forcing you to pick between smaller and smaller selections of viable cars as you improve

Attached: BBAC7656-5EE6-4430-86A0-ED3536A6BE57.png (1280x720, 1.11M)

I played the shit out of GT4, despite all the bullshit. Assetto Corsa is the closest available on PC. hundreds of hours almost entirely just racing on the Wangan in VR. There's all the old classic tracks and cars but mods make it way better.

Forza Horizon

>Gran Turismo
>Forza Horizon
Fucking zoomers ruining everything.

Attached: E5nmcBgXEAAVcFy.jpg (1627x915, 213.97K)

Please tell me you know of anything better than Forza Horizon, PLEASE

Mario Kart is more realistic than Trannyza Gayrizon.

It's kiddie shit though, which isn't as bad as zoomer shit but still

Test Drive Unlimited, with the Platinum mod especially to add 800+ cars both new and old. Physics are just as good if not better in some cases as long as you're playing hardcore mode, and you've got a 1:1 scale Oahu that makes every single open world car game other than Fuel look miniscule. Multiplayer is also very active and you've got native wheel + controller support, too. If you're worried about playing something with upscaled 2006 graphics, it's obviously not for you but you can put some lipstick on it with some texture/HDR/reshade mods and unlimited LOD.

Attached: TDU platinum.jpg (1920x1080, 593.57K)

Oh hey, thank you for the good suggestion user, I actually loved crusiing around in TDU but I forgot this game even exists, really underrated, I wish they didn't remove it from steam, how does the multiplayer work by the way? Can I play it with a pirated copy? I'd love to buy the game but I think it might be impossible to track down a PC copy

take off the rose tinted glasses m8
The driving physics in 4 is probably the worst in the entire series.
there is a constant force holding the car to the ground (in case of jumps) This totally fucks the suspension on every single car. also I dont know what it is exactly, but there is something wrong with the way it does wheelspin. Its like driving the worlds most cucked auto transmission on ice.

It does have a great list of cars and some amazing tracks. Do a few laps on capri rally for me.

Attached: gt4lotusC.webm (600x450, 2.85M)

oh yeah try the capri rally on hard against the 205 (i think its a 205) dont even bother trying to win just watch the other car.

I still have my Xbox 360 copy, which sadly I stopped playing before cloud saves. All those mansions and a fleet of exotic and muscle cars, some with well over a thousand miles on the odometer, all gone..

The mod absolutely works with a pirated copy even in multiplayer, though. I think you have to make an account on the Turboduck site and use that in place of the outdated "gamespy" login, and the modded launcher will connect you to it's servers instead. It's kind of neat since the community is still keeping it fresh, the mod itself was just updated about a month ago, and there are people actively converting 'better' car sounds from newer games like Assetto Corsa into the game so it's only getting better.

Attached: tdu_platinum.jpg (1920x1200, 1.61M)

>Do a few laps on capri rally for me.
More like do a few dozen at least, so you can sell off the fleet of Toyota RSC's for an easy couple of million dollars.

Then blow all that money buying up and upgrading a bunch of used kei cars and things like the Taurus SHO + PT Cruiser just for lulz

Attached: toyota RSC.jpg (1200x630, 129.1K)

that car is fuckin fast, i used it to beat grand canyon on hard. That was a fucking nightmare.

For me, it's the Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC) '90.
All red.

Nah, I love GRID but it's not a GT4 equivalent. I'd actually put it closer to GT3- smaller car roster, less heavy physics, more fictional tracks, and everything is orange.

For me, it's Special Stage Route 5 and Tokyo R246.
But most of all, it's an NSX around Citta Di Aria.
God... home...

An underrated topic of discussion in racing game circles is the courses available. There are certain games that might not be the best, but have amazing tracks. Project Cars 3 has a really good 8 minute long seaside track that reminds me of Road Rash II in the best way. Citta Di Aria was possibly one of my favourite tracks in any racing game ever, I spent so much time doing time trials around it. I don't have GT7 (though I watch a ton of SuperGT) but it still makes me sad some of the best tracks have fallen by the wayside.

FCs are nice but you only have a few RX-7s to choose from.
meanwhile im sitting here with 27 variations on the nissan silvia.

TDU is fun but I wish they went with a better color palette, sometimes everything on screen sort of blends together. I thought Hawaii was bright and sunny.

Nice! I had no idea people still played this game and that huge mod sounds great, thanks user