So how should D2 handle to older content after this is all over?

My idea was to split the game into two parts, essentially two games, part 1 contains all content that was released up until Forsaken or Shadowkeep, part 2 contains all content until Beyond Light to The Final Shape. If this is still too big then split it up into 3 parts, part 1 is year 1 to shadowkeep content, part 2 is Beyond Light to The Witch Queen, and part 3 is Lightfall to The Final Shape.

Attached: Destiny_2_(artwork).jpg (250x350, 25.14K)

Why isnt there a complete edition i can buy that just has everything? Whys this game so confusing?

Because Bungie fucking hates new players and actively hate them with a burning passion.
From their perspective, simply fuck everyone trying to get into their game.

Apparently it would be over 500 gb or something if they didn't erase and swap out content, but there were other better solutions before doing that and I'm just convinced they did it so they'd have people rushing to play before then

Have they announced the new player experience yet? I heard that was supposed to be a big part of the next expansion to get everyone caught up to speed that never got a chance to play the older stuff.

I don't think so. It's a shame, Destiny started out as a game memed for having no story, and the franchise ended up, partially through the last of talent that Bungie has being sucked dry, and partially due to attrition, having one of the better stories for a video game franchise in the west. Most new players aren't going to know anything about that.

make it optional downloadable content
>I want to play Forsaken season pass raids
>I install the Forsaken season pass from steam and if I get bored I just uninstall that section at any point

they said it will be reworked after The final shape

BLM LGBTQIAAP++ game

i recently got back into this game after not playing it since ps3
they actively have made the worldbuilding and lore so hard to understand or wrap my head around i've just learned to ignore it completely and just shoot things until theyre dead
overall im enjoying it but its a shame they cant deliver a fucking story for shit

I just started up again after not playing since osiris. Holy shit the free portion of the game is barely there and I need to buy other expansions to get their loot. It seems so expensive to start

Destiny 1 was a lot better in the end than d2

People say they want to keep all the content in the game but no motherfucker is going to play Escalation Protocool in 2022. It would just make the game even more confusing and inaccessible if every horde variation Bungie has ever cooked up was still present.

There’s an insane amount of shit I can’t play in this game.

If you put a bunch of lonely, middle class people with too much time on their hands in a 3D space where they can interact with other people, they will eventually play some obscure content. People still play Destiny 1 on occasion, for the love of god.

How did D2 have the exact same problems in production as D1. How can you not course correct since you already know what people liked that you did in D1 to fix it up from the base game?

Also, when will this dumb everything scales to you bullshit finally die out.

Put all old strikes/raids on bi-weekly rotations and have seasonal cosmetics/gear be the rewards. I think its unhealthy for the game long-term to keep making old exotics/armor/weapons max level/power. They could scale up for PVP but I don't think people should be using VoG weapons in 2023 because it just happens to be the best when scaling is taken into account

D1 was only "active" for 3 years. This is an entirely different problem that comes from the game being around for so long.

>I think its unhealthy for the game long-term to keep making old exotics/armor/weapons max level/power.

So you want sunsetting back?

Attached: 1622281354020.jpg (373x282, 15.76K)

because its separate teams? Team A puts out D1, goes and starts working on D2. Team B aka content/update team fixes D1 but Team A is on an entirely different direction/philosohy for it.

Similar to Main Game vs DLC teams for Total War Warhammer.

I didn't say remove them from the game, just not that they are brought up to max level/power. No one is using Hand of Ragnaros in 2023 despite it being a drop from 2004.

At some point you are going to have too much of an issue trying to balance old weapons from almost 10 years ago in how to design encounters for the future. When TBC and WOTLK came out, some items were locked in that effects didn't work unless you were at below the old level cap. Cool you have an old raid set/weapon, use it for transmog or as a collector type of thing.

I mean that both of them have engines that made making new content a complete shit show. They both had late in the cycle rebuilds and such.
This makes sense though.

The entire design philosophy of the game is stupid. They put tons of work into patrol zones but then barely use them. I like that seasonal activities like Psi-Ops and this season's Expeditions are making use of those areas, but it means loading into a patrol zone is basically pointless.

Or you just run the same 10 strikes over and over or play on the same PVP/Gambit maps. Plus dungeons and raids are super elaborate but a big chunk of players don't see that stuff.