Portal is better than Portal 2

Portal is better than Portal 2.

Attached: portal.png (1280x960, 1.49M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IyPb-8OjWVk
youtube.com/watch?v=w7y2hkDuqYg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Original is SOUL

i respect that they made chell more cute and rested looking for portal 2 given how long she was in sleep for
but yes i agree portal 1's better and wasnt written by a huge faggot

Original: Ugly woman, bad graphics, 20 minute long game.
Sequel: Beautiful woman, good graphics, hours of content, Stephen Merchant.

>game for regular gamers is better than a game for lobotomised retards

OP is right on this one

Attached: Valve playtester.jpg (1279x1303, 783.53K)

was half life 2 really that linear compared to half life 1? i dont remember it being that "straightforward" like he says. Yeesh.

>was half life 2 really that linear compared to half life 1?
Yes. The entire game is just walking from one "HI DR FREEMAN YOU DON'T KNOW ME BUT I KNOW YOU" NPC to the next until credits roll.

The original's atmosphere and humor are better, but the second's gameplay and puzzles are better

One was pre-"geek culture," the other was peak-"geek culture" and was entirely too aware of both the cringe ass culture memes and of itself.

youtube.com/watch?v=IyPb-8OjWVk

Attached: 1653012066767.jpg (1920x1080, 189.32K)

portal 1 made me feel like so many new things were possible in games, but portal 2 kind of just felt like another video game. i dont really know why.

Valve lost a great talent when Kelly Bailey left the company

There are people out there who actually find cave johnson funny... could you imagine?

On the other hand, Valve makes no games anyway, what's the big loss here. They won't be able to get him to make elevator music for the office?

They did make Half-Life: Alyx.
The OST for that one was just solidly competent, not an iconic masterpiece like the previous Half-Life games (and same can be said of many other aspects HL:A)

isnt hl1 exactly the same

i'm inclined to agree
2 leans too much into the redditness even tho the new gameplay stuff was nice

I love both of them, I haven't done a story playthrough of 2 since the year it came out but I would hope I'm not cynical enough to hate the fact that it dared to have fun.

I cried at the ending of Portal 2, unironically

Yes it was and anyone who says otherwise is a retarded tryhard

i truly do not get why fags say this
did that single mechanic fascinate you so much?

They lost the intrigue, that unique edge that separated them from the rest of the industry although I think there was still a glimpse of that near the endgame with surreal atmosphere around the Vault and the ending itself which was kinda Valve-style considering its another cliffhanger that leaves things open ended again

the only thing better about 2 is chells design. everythkng else sucks

>They lost the intrigue, that unique edge that separated them from the rest of the industry
What they lost is human talent. A lot of Valve's best have either left the company or turned into ossified troglodytes.

This, but they shouldnt have given her the long fall boots

this right here

yes, but the current trend right now is “HL2 bad, HL1 good”

No one ever discusses Portal 1 unless it’s a controorian thread like this.
It’s basically the Fallout 3 of Valve games.
2 is the iconic game everyone loves.

I like Portal 1’s tone and subtler dark humour more than Portal 2. simple as

There's not much to discuss. It's short but sweet and is virtually perfect in every way. It's like trying to discuss a quick fap before bed on a rainy saturday night.

portal 1 was mindblowing at the time

>It’s basically the Fallout 3 of Valve games.
This has got to be one of the most asinine things I've ever read.
How the fuck do these two even compare?

youtube.com/watch?v=w7y2hkDuqYg

Because it’s just like people being contrarian about FNV
>muh dark atmosphere and tone
>muh reddit humor
Yet no one actually discusses F3 and it’s all just contrarians. Everyone still loves and plays FNV.