Just finished DMC1, should I skip 2? I've heard its very easy and not a lot of fun

Just finished DMC1, should I skip 2? I've heard its very easy and not a lot of fun.

also DMC thread i guess.

Attached: D1e1wNyX4AMJPJU.jpg (1280x720, 104.57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e7dhcXdSAKg
youtube.com/watch?v=cuBBXknA_-E&t
youtube.com/watch?v=No9MCC8hRdY
youtube.com/watch?v=qxpgyaFEa8Y
youtube.com/watch?v=TY4R4kaVNzg&t=21s
youtube.com/watch?v=YztD7GCGL8I
youtube.com/watch?v=pcPcwjt8mjA
youtube.com/watch?v=ZJCJPr6TrNo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

play it
I went in blind and you have to suffer too

I'd say just play through it once, just to satisfy your curiosity. It was like 3 and a half hours for Dante's side and like 2 hours for Lucia's side. It is fucking horrible, make no mistake.

Attached: Dante and Lucia.jpg (1024x768, 487.52K)

2 is complete and utter dogshit, play the first level then imagine going through an ENTIRE GAME'S worth of that because it doesn't get any better
Do not listen to anyone trying to shitpost you into going through it, save yourself the fucking headache and just play 3, Itsuno would rather forget the second game just like everyone else

Attached: 41-year-old man.jpg (817x659, 167.05K)

not that i have ever played a DMC. but iirc 2 is supposed to be a massive pain in the ass or something
just wanted to post that

No, 2 is braindead easy and boring as sin.

You should play at least an hour I'd say. Experiment and try to figure out DMC2 Dante's moveset (some of which is context sensitive); it'll really allow you to appreciate DMC3 actually implementing that shit well. The only good content in the game is on the highest difficulties (still an unbalanced mess, but at least the AI isn't lobotomized the way it is on Normal Difficulty), but it's not worth beating the game just to experience that.

You should at least get to infected chopper as Dante.
Just to understand why the game is considered what it is.

Play as much of 2 as it takes before the little voice in your head says you're a fucking idiot for doing so in the first place.
It doesn't matter when that happens, just quit out when it does.

Unless you think enemies that take years to telegraph their attacks and get easily juggled by your guns sounds fun, just skip it. 2 was my first DMC so it only got better from there, but it still has a small place in my heart since it took my action game cherry.

alright fair enough, then it's just me misremembering

Should I order a pizza?

Attached: 1648138152332.gif (437x415, 325.82K)

Play 2 and experience the hilarity of how bad it is and how you can just endlessly lift people into orbit with E&I. It's ridiculously bad but it's got like 2 good bosses there.

user, never skip.

But the game fucking sucks.
t. beat it on DMD

2 is absolutely worth playing. Everyone should know what it's like to play an actual unfinished, barely held together piece of garbage. Puts things in perspective. Plus like other anons said you can beat it in 3-4 hours and the only remotely challenging part is the final boss. It also has the last of pre-Itsuno Dante.
Here's your crown

Yes, get sausage and peppers

Pros to DMC2:
- Character designs and music are generally alright
- Lucia makes the game somewhat more bearable and has a character arc
- Trish plays like DMC1 Dante
- Argosax, Arius and Beowulf are alright antagonists
- Many good ideas in the game were implemented in later ones

Cons to DMC2:
- Dante plays and acts like he's half asleep
- Barely working enemy AI
- Practically no story
- Next to no character progression, no moves to buy, all swords play the same, guns barely feel distinct
- The style rank works horribly
- Levels are way, way too large for their own good
- Despite this it's the longest DMC
- Trish takes multiple playthroughs to unlock
- There's next to nothing this game does that the others don't do better

>Beowulf
You mean "Bolverk?" He's a shit boss.

Yeah.

Not any easier than 1

Also, I'm pretty sure DMC2 is the shortest game.

Beat it or you didn't play DMC. Yes it sucks ass. Yes it's a rite of passage. Seeing how fucking hard DMC fell off will only make you appreciate how godlike DMC3 is more.

Attached: 1541290974684.png (253x164, 66.7K)

Not in terms of total missions.

Don't listen to anyone in this thread. DMC2 is great; an underappreciated masterpiece; a work of art.
It's better than DMC1 in every single possible way, and yes, that includes atmosphere.

DMC2 has the following:
>best soundtrack
>best level design
>best movement
>best DT
>best guns
>best dante before 4 ruined him
>best final boss
>best girl Lucia
youtube.com/watch?v=e7dhcXdSAKg
youtube.com/watch?v=cuBBXknA_-E&t
youtube.com/watch?v=No9MCC8hRdY
youtube.com/watch?v=qxpgyaFEa8Y
youtube.com/watch?v=TY4R4kaVNzg&t=21s
youtube.com/watch?v=YztD7GCGL8I
youtube.com/watch?v=pcPcwjt8mjA
youtube.com/watch?v=ZJCJPr6TrNo

Attached: dmc2anon image.png (1920x1366, 3.24M)