How would you filter out kids?

Thought about it after stumbling on discussions about VRChat and Zenith (and probably many other VR online stuff since the Quest made VR an affordable nanny for parents who don't want to take care of their kids but still don't want to sit them in front of the TV like usual) sometime being swarmed with kids, which can be fucking annoying for adult players.
How would you tweak a game so that people don't have to interact with (most of) underages, in a game were they are technically allowed?
Just an "I'm a adult" checkbox wouldn't work since the kids will click it anyway, and requiring ID proof is suicide.

There must be something that is relatively unimpactful gameplay-wise but would annoy a kid just enough that he doesn't consider being in the adult layer/shard/room/whatever worth it.
Doesn't need to be strict and perfect, but just to corral the majority of the 6-12yo into their own instances.
Only shit I can think of would be petty drawbacks like -5%XP/loot, but that wouldn't actually do shit in purely social games or if it can be toggled off once back in town.

Attached: FLAjV6vXoAI2Cz_.jpg (923x1200, 165.78K)

not reading all that shit
just put the shit about "only 18 and older" and fuck them if they ignore it. and get traumatized

Have the game constantly playing a high pitch warbling that adults can't hear.

shocking content
anything to give the kiddies nightmares

don't care, vrchat died.

Heh. I kind of like the "give the little kids their own instance"
>Have a team of moderators keeping an eye on the game like usual, but if they find a kid they can tag them
>All tagged kids are shadowbanned from nontagged instances

God it would be such a shitstorm once people found out but it would be a hilarious one.

if someone buys their child a vr headset they can only blame themselves if their child gets groomed by trannies

Add a grammar test on login. This comes with the added benefit of filtering out retards and third-worlders.

literally the opposite effect

Does that even work, always thought it was more of an urban legend than anything.
I'm close to 40 and can still ear the high-pitched sound old CRT stuff do.
Also, it would only filter those with non-garbage headphones/speakers, so really not many.

In Kingdom of Loathing you have to do a basic literacy test before you're allowed in the chat with other players, but then again that game is for boomers so retards in the chat is seldomly a problem

you need a special registration key, which is only found printed inside cigarette packs.

It does.
People were playing that sound during class in my school and the teacher couldn't tell.

This is an obvious solution and I am convinced that VRchat mods probably already have a repository of the name and contact details of the majority of underage users anyway. Probably easy for them to implement.

Do the reverse.

>Are you over 18
>Yes >No

Adults click >No.
Children click >Yes.

2 world maps.

Legally wouldnt you get in trouble of having an EULA saying no kids but you instead of banning kids allow them but mod the experience, because youre still condoning kids after you said no kids?

You don't. The internet and games worked just fine when it was a wild west and nobody sperged about whether or not some kid might see some scary curse words or sprays online. (You) benefitted from this as a kid. Now, just like boomers, you want to destroy that which you enjoyed so future generations can't enjoy it.

a combination of technical challenges (that can't be easily explained via youtube) and paywalls with active moderation
there's not many ways you can filter children without also filtering impatient adults

>impatient adults
So, children

I'm no legal man law reader, but maybe just add an extra line in there at the bottom. "Violators of this agreement are subject to bans or account limitations."

manchildren

That would just lead to kids selling cigarette packets to eachother in the school playground (i.e one of the kids parents smoke, so they get the codes off the empty packets which gives one of them an idea to start up a racket of selling empty packets).

Never underestimate the ingenuity of kids.