Resident Evil Series

With them being on sale, which order should I play them in?

Haven't played any since no.1 on PS1

Attached: D5mA5_gWkAAsyTB.jpg (960x1200, 237.23K)

>which order should I play them in?
99.99% of the time answer is always release order, stop asking this fucking question.

Only REmake1 and RE4 are any good.
But if you skip the previous games and do not play them in release order, you're missing out big time.

Just emulate 1-3 with the DuckStation, check story compilation video of Code Veronica on Tube, and then enjoy REmake.
Drop the series after 4. Only consider RE5 if you get a friend to play it with.
It's been steep downhill from there.

Classic RE1-3 are must play. No, the remakes do not replace them, and the recent de-makes of 2-3 and RE7-8 have been some of the most insulting shit I've ever played.

RE1-3 (PS1)
RE4
Rev 2

That's basically all you need

Buy all of them. And download Silent Hill 1-3 and buy SH4 from gog. Also get Dead Space trilogy

Anyone not saying by release is wrong

cv
remake 1
remake 2
remake 3

Attached: claire_cgi_hands.jpg (500x480, 58.98K)

Play 4, 5, and 6. Everything else is garbage.

I got you user. Here is the objectively BEST way to play these games for a first timer, assuming you want to play them all. It's a long series, careful you don't burn yourself out and ruin the enjoyment of what otherwise might be a good game. You will have to make some decisions, I'll explain why and what to consider:

REmake1 > RE2/REmake 2* > RE3/REmake 3* > 0 > CVX > RE4 > ** > REV1 > RE5 > ** > REV 2 > RE6 > ** > STOP!

After you are done you can play original RE1 if you are curious, and which ever one you did not pick for *

* Here you need to make a decision of what kind of game you want to play. Do you want a closer experience to REmake 1 in terms of gameplay and the original experience? Or do you want gameplay variety in this early part of the series with a TPS? I will say that RE3 is objectively a better and more complete game than REmake 3. Either way, which ever you chose to play it's worth it to play the other one after you are done with the series.

** Here you need to decide if you are interested in the canon movies or not. They are not essential, just fun side stories if you like the characters and are a completionist. If you want to see them then insert Degeneration, Damnation and Vendetta on that list in this order

Important caveats for RE6: RE6 is an awesome game, but it had some suit meddling you need to correct for optimal experience

>Turn off "Icon Display" in the settings. This improves the game significantly. Use the in game PDA button to check navigation, ammo and health status on the fly.
>Turn off the player invasion mechanic when starting a campaign. Definitely recommended for first time playthrough but it's up to you really. I keep it off at all times unless i am looking to play multiplayer.
>Turn classic sight on for laser sighting (optional, up to personal preference)
>Turn Auto reload off (optional, up to personal preference)

I think that's it. Not gonna spellcheck it. RE is great, have fun.

Attached: 1609545536226.jpg (564x846, 43.18K)

thanks user

Oh, two more things.

I don't know if you are the kind of person that likes to play games on higher than Normal difficulty for the first time. Totally ok in RE but if you are then don't do it for Revelations 1. Revelations 1 Infernal difficulty changes enemy placement and adds a lot of late game enemies to the early portion of the game, way before they even have their introduction scene. It really messes with the narrative of the into so it's not suited for first time playing. Fun on subsequent playthroughs though.

REmake 1 has a really retarded difficulty select screen. Don't make the mistake of thinking the difficulty settings presented are "Easy, Normal and Hard" they are in fact "Very Easy, Easy and Normal". Hard is only unlocked after beating the game once on Normal.

Attached: 1604446515081.png (500x655, 658.91K)

Start with oneeewhoaaaaaa

Attached: Whoa.jpg (492x314, 16.79K)

Shit tier opinion and of course the midwit OP chooses because its the longest

>it's le shit

you sound like someone who's totally worth anyone's time

>Play all of these in those spruced up, ready to play PC version
CV
>Emulate it
Remake
Rev1
Rev2
Remake 2
Remake 3
>Get all of those on Steam
I honestly wouldn't skip any game, but Co-op for 5 and especially 6 is almost mandatory to properly have fun (or as close as you get to having fun with 6)

Expect to have trouble with RE1 at first, but stick with it. Also start with Jill. Don't feel too bad if you need a guide for certain situations.

Attached: 1652109582996.webm (1372x1920, 2.96M)

>muh 1
>remake after CV for fuck all reason
>rev1 after 5
>rev2 after 6
>le mandatory co op

Jesus Christ...

5 is the best RE when you learn the mechanics, otherwise its just one of the best

0, 1, 2, 3, 4, maybe 5, Revelations
Ignore everything else.

Everyone should at least try 1, even if REmake is better in almost every way.
>remake after CV for fuck all reason
>rev1 after 5
>rev2 after 6
Pretty much doesn't matter what way you play them but I don't know why you would play CV after 4.
>le mandatory co op
Yeah, kinda. Don't you have any friends or something?

who

BiBi
Her top almost comes off during that performance and some dude has to lace her back up

They're dated as hell. Stop being a hipster

very based, thank you
i was gonna play re3 so this is relevant

I was playing Village this afternoon and it was about 90% cutscene. Such garbage

They're still fun to me. Stop being a contrarian.

I played it using that AI upscaler mod last time, had a blast. I might replay 1-3 next month. I was honestly hoping Capcom would get off their asses and finally release some kind of collection but apparently they are too stupid to do so.

Attached: 1633512762349.webm (1080x1920, 2.94M)