Steelrising

Some shithead vaporized the thread while I was typing this up so might as well make it into new one

>Hows Steelrising?
I'm about 4 hours in so far, I like it more than I expected

>68% on Steam
Almost all negative reviews on Steam are about performance, and funnily enough its running fine for me on 1060. About the same as Elden Ring. I'm using GOG version though, so I suspect there might be some DRM fuckery going on Steam

This game having "mixed" while piece of shit like Thymesia is sitting on "very positive" is unjust as fuck, just based on the fact that its actually its own thing with interesting setting and a story rather than copypasted Souls/BB. Also its apparently 20-25 hours long, while Thymesia is 6 if youre new to the genre, and more like 4 if youre not.

Some things I didnt like so far
>input queue - either its very short or nonexistant, so you need to get in the habit of pressing the button couple of times at the end of the animation of previous one to queue it up; it has reverse problem compared to ER, which had far too much input queue
>stagger/poise seems kinda inconsistent
>camera/thumbstick seems to have some weird deadzone, either im gonna get used to it or fix it with DS4Windows later

Soundtrack is godtier tho

Attached: aegis_fanart___steelrising_by_elenazambelli_dexdjqj-350t.jpg (525x350, 42.11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NiV7QyvWHDU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

youtube.com/watch?v=NiV7QyvWHDU

Main menu theme

Frankly it seems interesting but i dont have the most powerful rig which added to probable performance issues means i will stay away from this one for a while.
Maybe if there are a couple patches i will pick it up once it gets a discount i guess.
Im just intrigued but "not enough".

I have my eye on this but I'd don't really buy something on release especially since it seems to have performance issues.
On a related topic, I saw Greedfall is discounted right now. Isn't it made by the same guys? How is the game?

>while Thymesia is 6 if youre new to the genre, and more like 4 if youre not
But Thymesia is fun for those 4-6 hours. If Steelrising is a slog for 25, it wouldn't make it better.

Greedfall was ok, a poor mans Mass Effect but Steel rising seems too combat focused to swallow so much eurojank

It doesn't seem to be the kind of optimization you power through with your powerful rig, more like it affects certain configs
Had almost no issue with my mid range card by I wouldn't blame someone for waiting a few patches

SOVLful as fuck
Too bad for the botched launch, but Spiders did have issues during lockdown, nearing bankruptcy even. I hope this sorts out quickly and they can pull some sales to make Greedfall II better and more ambitious than the original

Attached: Bateman listening to music.jpg (640x640, 70.06K)

>Isn't it made by the same guys?
Yes
>How is the game?
Flawed. It's a bioware game with real time combat and overall good moments in quest and with characters, but the overall plot regarding political intrigues and the supernatural overarching theme is somewhat lacking and underdeveloped
It lacks miserably in exploration because a lot of maps have recycled assets and layouts

>greedfall was OK
yes
>poor man's mass effect
no

I liked greedfall but why did they have to make all the females so butch and ugly. I thought French media was less pozzed

How's the level design? It sucked in Greedfall and was made a thousand times worse by awful quest design that had you backtracking all over the place.

Uh? SIORA IS CUTE

Attached: Siora.png (1181x1198, 2.54M)

Yeah Siora is qt. So they have to tone it back and give her a man haircut. And got forbid she wears a loincloth or something given that she lives in a tribe in a hot country. Plus you have to go full SJW to romance her.
>muh indigenous peepo

How long is it, shill-kuns?

Shirrako's playthrough is 8 hours long. Doubt this game is worth more than 1 playthrough so I'll wait until its 20 bucks.

>8 hours
Okay, guess I'll either pirate it or wait until it's like 10 bucks. I don't buy games unless I can get 20-30 hours out of them.

Walkthroughs on Youtube are around 8 hours. For a game that's 65 gigs, that's kind of short.

ill give it a patch or two

The lack of any input queue whatsoever is my biggest problem with the game so far, besides the unwarranted poor performance.

It's so bad that I refuse to use anything but 2 weapon types simply because they're consistent to time attacks with, rather than the combo ending abruptly unless you're absolutely mashing or severely delaying your attacks.

halberd is by far the best starting weapon. The charged R2 is broken as fuck

feels like the hammer is strictly better if you're just gonna be charging heavies, has just as much reach with higher damage but has an on demand block to boot.

The gun part of the halberd becomes obsolete when you get a ranged weapon in the very first area that absolutely shits on everything.

>unironically blocking

Attached: Screenshot_3.png (359x244, 149.05K)