Dying Light 2

Is it really worse than the 1st one?

Attached: capsule_616x353.jpg (616x353, 82.97K)

By a huge margin, I genuinely can't think of anything it did better.

Yes I finished the game, yes I loved the first and yes I was looking forward to it

Yes I'm an idiot

Human combat is a lot better, and a lot better utilized. That's it.

Atmosphere is worse
World is arguably worse
Music is worse
General zombie slaying bread and butter (gore, impact of weapons, enemy reactions, etc.) is worse
Weapons being "garbage taped or bolted onto other garbage" is fine for the beginning of the game but feels stupid once you enter late game and are still using trash as weapons
The faction side picking shit is a meme

Oh and i forgot
THE FUCKING PARKOUR IS WORSE. THEY WASTED SO MUCH EFFORT ON THE STORY THEY FORGOT THE FUNDAMENTALS

Yes, it is much worse.

The parkour feels very floaty. I dont like it at all.

yeah
I'd even go so far as to say it's not really a sequel

yes
finished the game in 60 hours and it was 6/10
the first game is 9/10 imo

>Atmosphere is worse
just different, which is refreshing

>World is arguably worse
absolutely not, it has a different pacing that offers different rhythms of play

>Music is worse
90% of the music in the first one is terrible, elevator music-tier

>General zombie slaying bread and butter (gore, impact of weapons, enemy reactions, etc.) is worse
true

>Weapons being "garbage taped or bolted onto other garbage" is fine for the beginning of the game but feels stupid once you enter late game and are still using trash as weapons
true

>The faction side picking shit is a meme
the opposite, it allows you to plan a minimum on what to unlock instead of continuing linearly and being showered with all the unlockables

Attached: 16535739125.jpg (391x484, 21.2K)

Does Dying Light 2 bring back the buggy or have any vehicles? I know a lot people weren't a fan of it, but I really liked travelling the countryside while upgrading and maintaining my buggy. It was a very comfy experience

you are talking about the expansion, The Following, not the vanilla game. To answer your question, 2 has a kind of glider that allows you to take advantage of the strong verticality of the second part of the map

I know it's from the Following, I thought that was implied. Shame it doesn't return, maybe in an expansion

It's amazing just how unlikable the cast of this game is I'd go as far as to say they are more unlikable then the Saints Row Reboot cast

Attached: dying-light-2-friendly-group.jpg (1920x1080, 525.42K)

hopefully since we all loved the Following. What is certain is that the next (small) dlc with the ugly negress on the cover will be shit. Techland has however said that the game will have a big expansion with a new map

>Atmosphere is worse
>just different, which is refreshing
Not necessarily, it was a confused mess of apocalyptic settings which barely meshed together in a cohesive manner. Overall tension and fear was reduced massively because of downscaled difficulty and being brighter overall.

>World is arguably worse
>absolutely not, it has a different pacing that offers different rhythms of play
It wasn't much different from the first but repeated the same mistake of giving the player way too much mobility through another fucking grapple and paraglider making the world feel smaller than intended and making 90% of parkour interactables and techniques pointless

>Music is worse
>90% of the music in the first one is terrible, elevator music-tier
Music programming in 2 is flat out busted and doesn't trigger events at all when it should. hub themes in all major areas are amateur and generic as fuck. With how often you visit these hubs each of these themes should be really pleasant to listen to. Also DL1s soundtrack was practically iconic. One of the standout parts in the game and to this day is used in many youtube videos as background tracks. The loss of the composer from 1 was huge. Not to mention the fact that DL2 were so insecure about the new music that they actually used the DL1 main theme multiple times DL2

>The faction side picking shit is a meme
>the opposite, it allows you to plan a minimum on what to unlock instead of continuing linearly and being showered with all the unlockables
Unlockables being tied to their AWFUL and nonsensical branching paths is retarded. It forces you into choices that you don't agree with at all because you want the upgrade which conflicts with the idea of naturally progressing through the story. Not to mention locking players out of fun upgrades in general is stupid

>Is it really worse than the 1st one?
No, it's actually a fair bit better.
Still does have some major issues. The early game pacing is horrible. The environments - at least in the first map - look a lot worse, because unlike in the first game, they were designed for parkour first, and visuals second. Which makes the gameplay better, but the place looks drab and boring.
Also, the game by default activates a setting that detracts from the parkour. You need to go into settings and disable it to make it play better, which is stupid.
And the game has (or at least had when I last played it) some serious ballance issue. It's way too easy overal.
Maybe the new updates fixed that. I did use a legion mod for my second playthrough to make it a bit more challenging.

But otherwise, it is actually better. Combat is significantly better, so is level design. The actual parkour works better. The game also just generally has a lot more variety, and does not fall apart towards the end the same way the original did.
The story is literally Resident Evil tier, but it's kinda adorable, and still better than whatever shit FarCry3 copy the first game tired to be.

People dislike it because it's a sequel, and also because they can't be arsed to check the game's settings, because console peasants. But it really is a lot better game overal.

it's better, most people who tell you otherwise are just shitposters

Attached: file.png (1131x53, 45.68K)

at least DL2 lets you kill most of them

That's going a bit too far. Saints Row characters are like quirky rick n morty gen-z ideals with no personalities. DL2 had plenty of charismatic characters.

Attached: DyingLightGame_x64_rwdi_2022_02_05_18_59_27_701.jpg (2560x1440, 1.97M)

You know, I'm gonna buy myself a fanny pack one of these days.
Tired of not having enough pockets.

Get yourself a wife companion to carry your burdens like in Skyrim.