Why was there never a better Naruto game?

Why did Naruto games after the Clash of Ninja series become so fucking same-y. Broken Bond was great for what it was, but the Storm series just prioritized a huge roster of characters that played exactly the fucking same. Storm 1 is excusable, it has a fun little open world came out in the mid 2000s and came out when arena fighters were not overdone. It did the best with what it had, but there was no excuse to just do that same thing for the next 10 years.

Say what you want about the Clash of Ninja/ GNT series, but at least the characters played differently. Is this the curse of anime games?

Attached: Naruto GNT 4.jpg (640x896, 94.11K)

Same reason DBZ games are never good.
Anime fights are only good when you control every aspect of them i.e. you animate it yourself.
Making it playable is impossible to do well.

I remember being like 13 when YouTube was super new and looking bio videos for clash of ninja 2 and being blown away that 4 has been out for years. I imported it with a copy of free loader not long after and downloaded a copy of the mega Mika guys translation manuals. The rest is history, became a classic Friday night with friends in the block game. That’s dudes manuals are lost to time I should see if I still have mine.

DBZ games were good though user. It has a similar problem to Naruto.

The Budokai series was good until it was simplified with Infinite World, they coulda stoped at Budokai 3. Similarly, Tenkaichi games peaked at 3, and Raging Blast was good, but they just milked it and forgot to make a good game afterwards.

The Naruto Storm games were good for the first few, but did little to innovate and change what made them good. They changed some stuff in 3, but bitched out and reverted instead of balancing stuff like toggleable awakenings.

I like the Storms. They have their charm.

Storm games are fine, but my issue is that every time I play I fee like I'm doing the same exact thing on repeat.

A) Playing against a CPU: Chakra dash them -> do a big combo where I mash one button and canceled it as many times as I can
B) Playing against a human: Wait for them to do A, block and do the same combo, bait out substitutions. Someone's super can hit way easier than the other persons
I just miss the dynamic gameplay that the Clash games had. Even if it was simplified Tekken with ninja magic at least I felt like games could get interesting. the 3v3 was fun, like: are you getting bodied by your friend? Hit Z and see if this new guy can throw him off, he'll certainly play differently.

Anime games are bad because they're always super limited in terms of map and enemy variety and the plots are always just a retelling of the anime but worse.

there was, but it's been memory holed and abandoned
you just don't like arena fighters

Attached: UNSG.png (782x900, 1.24M)

GNT is god tier because it was made by Eighting, and actual fightan game developer.

Bamco make lame fucking arena fighters. Jedi Academy blows all of their attempts out of the water

OP here, I actually really liked this game. I felt like it's story was more to the point, and it was the game that introduced chakra dash canceling. It was also the game to bring back part 1 characters. Games like this aren't the problem. The first one defined the Storm games, and this one introduced snappier gameplay.

There is zero excuse for 6 of these games to exist while only 2 of them innovated. Generations with it's chakra dash cancels, and 3 with it's toggle awakenings, only one of those made it into the 4th and final game.

it's a matter of assigning the right developer, and bamco isn't exactly interested in making a competitive fighting game, though that can definitely change

i don't think it gets better than 8ing's games, but they did have 11 titles across 7 years, you could argue they've had their turn, and also that it didn't exactly get as "refined" as one would expect across so many iterations

Ultimate Ninja > CoN

Ultimate Ninja is legitimately as shallow as the series has ever gotten. It's more basic than the storm games, there is now learning curve and you can win my spamming any jutsu or ultimate. Great as a single player game if you play only the story, god awful if you wanna play with a friend and CoN is your alternative.

I agree on a lot of this. Eighting was great, but they had a habit of making their first games tech demos. Clash 1 and Ex 1 were gloried tech demos. Hell in some countries Clash 1 was announced alongside a sequel.

If we ignore this and say that there are 9 games. Clash 2,3,4, Ex2, EX3, EX SPECIAL (I'm sure I'm missing some like dragon blade and non fighting games), they did pretty well at making games

EX SPECIAL is amazing, but they got their license cut off while developing it. The game was supposed to be a sendoff for the series and have so many more character like Pain, and be a mostly complete retelling of Shippuden, but a certain other company was being pushy with the rights and time frame in which they could release a game so it was rushed.

You can say they had their turn for sure, but their less than 10 year run with the series in the early 2000s feels unfair when you consider that Bandai had so much more to work with when they STARTED to work with the series in 2008 and onwards. Eighting had to use the same story for the first 3 of their games and only got a taste of Shippuden. By the time Bamco got their hands on it, Part 1 was done.

Is that the one with the tournament island?

I like Ultimate Ninja but even I can see that Clash is the better game when it comes to the fighting.

pretty sure that's resolution, the shittiest storm game

>every character has the same combo and same execution
>Better than Clash of Ninja
no

That's Revolution.

I was gong to memearrow it if it was that one. I liked the story but god damn was it bad.
Also why was 4 so low budget? We had like 15 Narutos and Sasuke's but they couldn't bother with making a one armed model so they just blacked half of their arm out, and a good part of the story mode was gutted.

*revolution

bandai's reign is definitely lenghier, they also hold the leash for so many anime licenses...
don't get me wrong, just playing devil's advocate there, I'd definitely love to see 8ing have another go at GNT

mind telling me more about GNT Special? it didn't come across as especially rushed, except for the power gap between the top characters and the rest, i guess