Why does this genre filter Any Forums so hard?

Every time theres a discussion about a new game theres multiple people disparaging the genre as a whole in thinly veiled frustration after they probably got hardstuck on some boss

I thought you guys were gamers?

Attached: defrgt.jpg (620x153, 7.88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Yr38lB5hEHc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Look at this fucking retard and his shitty "le funni" thread. Rope yourself, shitcock. Fuck off back to plebbit

It's not a fucking genre. The term "action/rpg" existed long before Souls games. Use it.
Now "souls clone" is a more appropriate term for those shitty games that try to copy the roll+R1 combat, without realizing that it's not what makes Souls games fun.

Kino genre, every time without fail

Attached: Malenia.jpg (1900x2686, 839.19K)

Just make a Lies of P thread

Filtered.

Like all trend chasers it doesn't get what made Fromshits same game new year formula actually decent. First off the majority of them aren't even hard just punishing, secondly they typically end up as boring shit stains that make most players not interested in playing in the first place, thirdly they always have god awful fucking hitboxes. Even Fromshit fucked up with DS3 and Elden Ring making inferior products to what came before, unless you are one of those brainlets that think good graphics means good game. The worst fucking part of all of this is it gave your NPC ass a reason to make a pointless thread on Any Forums.

Attached: 80698878_p0.jpg (1416x1334, 166.61K)

Filtered

But fromshit games aren't hard either, not even ds1 or 2
t. played all of them

boring series and boring combat simple as

Filtered. Drink less soi user

>implying
kek
I've asked fromtards to state the difference between difficulty and tedium, havent gotten an answer yet

Kino
The majority don't copy Fromsoftware combat at all. Souls combat is tailor made for its PVP structure

Attached: Upcoming Souls-likes.jpg (1933x7292, 3.54M)

Why you so butthurt, trump voter?

Boring as fuck

Tedium is when you are bad and trying to power through boss fights
If you beat it like this you just got lucky and didn't acrually beat the game by the way

That second to bottom one looks kind of cool. What's the dev/publisher behind it?.
Thanks for the (You) have one back.

Attached: aegis.jpg (1920x2130, 466.85K)

Soulscuck games are the oncoming death of gaming. Literally anyone who plays them should be executed. Why play that garbage when games like Destiny 2, Marvel's Avengers, Resident Evil 7 etc exist? Seriously, get some standards.

>t. sad samefag

Attached: file.png (317x127, 7.05K)

You mean the one before the last one? Bleak Faith
Breath of the Wild with post apocalyptic setting
youtu.be/Yr38lB5hEHc

>gets called a samefag
>takes screenshots to prove hes a samefag
Kek, what a retard.

I don't think you understand the concept newfag. You replied to me, some user who replied to me, and me replying back. That's not really how calling out samefags works. I've come to terms with zoomies running all over the site but at least take the time to learn a bit, especially if you are going to bother using the lingo used here.

That's the thing though, isn't it? It's not "souls clones" because they don't copy anything but combat and the vague idea that the enemies should deal obnoxious amounts of damage. How about copying actual features like desolate, dignified designs, flexibility of character builds or god damn async multiplayer with messages and invasions?

>t. raging samefag who got exposed
Pathetic.