Get up

Get up.

Attached: saints-row-2-rest-in-peace.jpg (1920x1080, 118.4K)

realistically he should have died when the gravestone smashed

This game worked because the cutscenes match the personality of the boss you play in-game. You don't play as some quippy marvel-tier badass that spouts one-liners and respects women, you play as a complete psychopath and it shows that in almost every cutscene
>uses innocent civilians as human shields
>guns down police officers with impunity
>locks a gang boss's girlfriend in the trunk of her own car and tricks the gang boss into crushing her to death
>jams a katana into the back of another gang boss and twists it around to make him scream over the phone
>doesn't waste time giving one-liners before killing people, just shoots them and then walks away
>only cares about money and power

Attached: 1655720878820.jpg.png (192x433, 127.39K)

Original Saints would relentlessly bully the new cast before killing them without a second thought.

Attached: 3rd_Street_Saints.jpg (1116x795, 102.41K)

I DIDN'T KILL HER!

You ordered it

Attached: Johnny_Gat.jpg (600x600, 25.45K)

They sure don't make them like this anymore

the ronin story line by itself was probably the high point of the game, you had Gat in it, the Sword duel, shithead susuke getting what he deserved in a satisfying payoff, a cool assault mission on the saints hideout itself and that big market fireworks climax at the end, the other two gangs while not neccessarily being bad dont really reach the same heights and kino as the ronin story line

Attached: 1640672871168.gif (112x112, 798.64K)

Attached: IMG_20220909_102332.jpg (1932x1076, 728.7K)

The Brotherhood cycle of violence was great

I always played the Ronin storyline last because it really felt like the Saints were up against another big-league gang compared to the others that were more smaller-scale.

The Brotherhood comes close to reaching those same highs. Fuck those faggots for what they did to my man Carlos.

Its insane that these AA San Andreas rip offs are WORLDS above the shit we are getting now in every single category.

Games industry is in terminal decline

Bros I literally started replaying SR2 again tonight, to find out if my memories of it being good are just nostalgia or if the game was actually good. I played for 3 hours and had a blast. It’s just a good ass game. I can’t believe how out of touch this industry is.

I kind of like the Saints in saints row 4 they’re kind of cute when put in a ridiculous situation

Was the boss as ruthless in Saints row 1 or 2?

2 by far, in 1 hes just a psychopathic gangbanger but in 2 he's actively calling the shots

>DeepSilver finally finishes off unfucking SR2 w/ IdolNinja's work
>It's released as SR2 Remastered
>Shit's censored/made more diversive
>No discount for existing PC owners

how do you make it more diverse than it already is?

By removing any white males in the main cast. Oh wait...

He's an actual monster of a man.
The worst is shown after shooting Keith David and talking about how he views people/the city.

For me the brotherhood stands tall over all three.
Ronin are just fantastic though too.

Making whites a minority. Add pride/trans flags.

Murdering cops isn't psychotic.... The police deserve to have some of their numbers murdered that do actual psychotic shit daily to innocent people.

Also the boss cares about respect more than money and power.

The boss had no personality in SR1 since he was a just a dumb grunt that did what he was told. SR2 is Punished Boss coming back with a vengeance to take back what he's owed.

Samedi are definitely the weakest. i usually treat them as the easy beginner story line. i cant remember most of their storyline while i remember the Ronin vividly as well as the high points from the brotherhood (Carlos and that one assault on their warehouse which felt like an all out war). That said i remember the Samedi final boss (the humvee chase scene with the minigun i think through the mall) being pretty fun and a bit more involved vs the other questlines end fights

I don't think that even the cutest of contrarians would argue for Samedi not being dead last.

The Samedi do have the distinction of being the one gang that permanently changes the map. Twice in fact.
The might be the weakest but I think that says more about the other two gangs.

>Also the boss cares about respect more than money and power.
Absolutely not by the end of SR2. Whatever good intentions he had were sand blasted off of him.

>get in car
>take on me starts playing