Why do I care about 144hz or ultrawife? What do they add to the overall experience

Why do I care about 144hz or ultrawife? What do they add to the overall experience

Attached: 112913F1-7DF7-4105-9DB0-48EE3B9F678D.jpg (400x400, 59.14K)

I wish I had an ultrawife...

>ultrawife

Attached: 1662224298864505.png (717x586, 170.4K)

144hz makes your computer in general smoother and more responsive and your games the same if you actually can run them at that fps
ultra wife is a meme because how the fuck are you going to play games by emulator when all they can do is run at 4:3 without hacks which break the game

>144Hz
Never cared about that. Tried it, felt like 60Hz.
Downside is you need more FPS to make the picture smooth, therefore more powerful machine or less detailed graphics.
>Ultrawide
I use a curved one at work. It's great for multitasking, but I wouldn't get one for gaming.
Also funny a lot of these supposedly "gaming" displays have inbuilt speakers - like literally what the fuck.

QHD, low latency and colors is what matters.

>144hz
Cumpetitivetranny shootard meme
>ultrawife?
Shitty marketing meme so they can sell you a new monitor you don't need
>What do they add to the overall experience
Nothing

>Ultrawife

Attached: honkers-idle-compressed.gif (198x480, 3.99M)

The one thing that weirds me out about 144hz, is how people are so vocal about it, yet literally everyone recommends CPUs for gaming meant for 60 fps in newer games, like 5600.
So unless you play older games, you're not getting consistent experience. My 3600 can't even maintain solid 120 fps in TF2

Speaking of fps: is there any benefit in having values between 60, 120 and 144 like for example 90 or if you cannot hit the 120+ numbers it's better to just lock to 60?

I took the ultrawide pill last year and I really enjoy it. Going wider adds a bit more immersion. Not everything supports ultrawide which kinda sucks but the games I play mostly have full support. It's not for everyone but I like it.

Attached: 1655360274449.jpg (1024x1024, 177.25K)

You shouldn't lock frame rate unless you get screen tearing or there's an engine issue tied to framerate.

Yes. Framedrops suck, so lock it at the lowest stable rate.

144hz is ok, 360hz is the future although as of now you can't run most games that high. After desktop browsing on one can't imagine going back, especially not to 60hz shit actually feels worse than powerpoint slides.

Ultrawide is a meme, 1440p is peak gaming comfort + usability.

You want to have the fastest frametime at any given second. Do not lock it

>You shouldn't lock frame rate
GPU running at 99% utilisation causes input lag worse than lower locked framerate, idiots.

Nothing really. They're just buzzwords. I bought a 165hz monitor and I literally can't tell the difference at all compared to my old 60hz one. It's a scam.

>144hz
If you enjoy FPS games it's a really nice upgrade.
>ultrawide
probably sick as fuck for strategy games like total war.

>it's a he-didn't-change-the-refresh-rate-in-windows episode

They're memes. 144hz is only worth it for stuff like browsing web pages. You're not getting 144 FPS in a modern unoptimised trash game unless you're on some super computer. That's why I cap at 60 FPS as a PC master race...

Attached: asdgadfbadfb.png (540x540, 437.31K)

>Speaking of fps: is there any benefit in having values between 60, 120 and 144 like for example 90 or if you cannot hit the 120+ numbers it's better to just lock to 60?
Only if you have freesync, g-sync or VRR.
Otherwise you should divide the framerate evenly. If you set refresh rate to 144hz, you should lock to 72fps and the next step would be 36fps, on 120hz to 60fps, or you can even go to 40fps like PS5 started doing.

?

Nothing. The first real upgrade we've had to monitor tech in 20 years is 4k, which is an actual game changer because you no longer need shitty multi monitor setups, you can have everything on one massive 40" screen and just tile your shit.

Nothing better than playing retro games at 35" equivalent. Nobody could afford that shit back in the day, and rear projection was garbage anyway.

Attached: Marionette Company (Japan)-220908-165227.jpg (2637x2160, 2.28M)

People always say this but the fact is computer power goes up much faster, while you're like to keep your monitor for 5 - 10 years. Investing in a good one now will always pay dividends, both now and in the future.
Also a lot of people don't play AAA games. Modern and even AAA also doesn't mean super demanding. You can run a lot of modern games at high framerates.

My computer has lasted through 3 monitor changes. There's no fucking point to upgrading anymore, back when I bought this a mid range PC was 500 bucks, now it's 1.5k.

Depends. You could save money with a cheaper monitor and get an upgrade later on that has more features.