Why can't the West into mech design?

Attached: Mechs.png (1283x1013, 1.05M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZTkVrRkziDI
youtube.com/watch?v=FHUp4q3cWE8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The West can't into any form of art
Japs just dwarf all their efforts, it's not fair really

They will unironically tell you MUH REALISM. Its very possible to have both in the same setting, but they will seething if its "too gundam".

Attached: Bishop.jpg (216x476, 54.95K)

I think its not that the west is incapable, its that there's this crab bucket phenomenon in Western culture where people with creative designs or storyboards are slandered as childish or unrealistic, so they put an artificial limiter on their creativity. But Japanese don't care about that so they go off the walls bonkers with design and setting. Basically the West is one giant toxic Any Forums general gaslighting its members into mediocrity

Jap mechs look like over designed dogshit.

post the image.
you know the one.

I'm sorry your CalArts mech was not as popular as you'd hoped.

because mechs are dumb to begin with.
bipedalism is not a strength and it makes no sense to give it to robots.
honestly, anything you give a mech is better suited mounted to a tank or a plane or some orbital weapon.

All mechs and mecha deserve love. It's time we put our differences aside, for the sake of the medium. Unless you want endless anime JRPG trash, or COWADOODY clones until the end of time, we must put to rest the things that separate us.

Attached: mech bros unite.png (984x480, 430.42K)

>But Japanese don't care about that so they go off the walls bonkers with design and setting

Attached: 1583423914242.jpg (1280x1487, 236.17K)

>The West can't into any form of art
Nobody is this mentally retarded lol

Attached: 1577518638321.jpg (3264x2448, 1.5M)

Mechs are pointless when jets and tanks exist

Attached: F-14_Tomcat_DF-SD-06-03497.jpg (2560x1668, 448.83K)

the right is what you'd get if you asked a 8 year old to draw a robot, the left is what you'd get if you asked an adult to draw a tank with legs.

There's such a thing as target audience you dunce.

Mario is unrealistic because Peach should just order an air strike and nuke Bowser's castles with napalm, therefore it's a bad game.

You are mentally retarded for taking the bait and swallowing the entire hook

The west has always preferred more realistic mech design whereas Japanese mechs tend to be more fantastical.

Western nowaday wouldn't build that at all

Attached: 45cc2d49209223db226c2ef22060357d.jpg (735x917, 117.15K)

Nah. Mechs with "pick up and play" weapon systems > jets and tanks. Once your jet/tank blow their load it's back to base for a resupply. Mech's rifle runs out of ammo? Pick one up from a fallen enemy/ally and get back to shooting.

>one building
>not even designed by an American
fuck America

Yes? If jets and tanks existed in the Mario world then Bowser would be toast. Thank you for making my point for me.

Its not even real, so it cannot be "realistic". "Realistic" has and always been a retarded meme.

Nobody mentioned America you sperging third worlder

That's why you never send out just one jet or tank. Plus that same exact logic applies to mechs, but it's a way bigger pain in the ass to haul them around to refuel them. Mechs are a gigantic waste of time and money from a realistic point of view.

Believable then you pedantic faggot.

Realisitc means it looks like it could be based in reality retard.

Gonna stop you right there partner

Attached: 1618729168248.png (2180x1440, 3.86M)

Every day, all day, every hour, every minute, every second, 365 days a year, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Rent free.
American website btw

>Mario is ... a bad game.
Correct, and it singlehandedly ruined the video game industry until 2004.

>Basically the West is one giant toxic Any Forums general gaslighting its members into mediocrity
That's the most accurate depiction of this site I've ever read.

Attached: imacat.png (112x112, 7.43K)

>Its not even real
what you meant to say is practicality.

Attached: Capture.png (799x601, 1M)

>build something that's inherently unrealistic and only works on the rule of cool
>but also insist on wanting "realistic" designs so make everything boxy and ugly
Just build cool mechs and have fun with it, there's no need to feel insecure about liking giant robots

>every game must be realistic, all sense of fantasy and whimsy are bad
>the cattle can't be allowed to dream, or else they might start getting uppity

Attached: team-fortress2-angry.gif (300x300, 1.17M)

Finally, someone said it.

look in a mirror

To be honest these types of threads don't work any more because japan just makes garbage in general now. That culture is just absolutely dead.

>Walk into room and start shitting all over the walls 24/7.
>Someone complains.
>"RENT FREE"

they have brain worms

Attached: No boys allowed. - Imgur.png (1132x1170, 985.63K)

why not just go to sleep if you want to dream so much, loser?

>That's why you never send out just one jet or tank
Increasing the number of jets/tanks just equals to more jets tanks heading back to base to resupply once they blow their load.
Given an equal comparison of the number of deployed waves of mechs to waves of jets and waves of tanks and mechs will stay in the fight longer every single time by virtue of literally just grabbing a gun off the ground and getting back to shooting.

Westerners build their designs off practicality, even though mechs aren't practical whatsoever. Japanese build over designed mechs that look flashy, but are simply for show. Same reason why the Japanese military is completely inferior to any military in Europe.

And you wonder why nobody in their right mind would want to talk about mecha with Westerns. We have gotten to a point that western seething if you criticize their ugly ape characters, or you make a giant tit fashion model as a main character.

Perpetually here, like a ghost haunting mech threads to remind other hawkenbros they're not alone

Attached: 1419401316637.jpg (1329x981, 387.28K)

ok now what?

Show me where an American was shitting on anything, can't? Bc you're an obsessed faggot

What always cracks me up is that Battletech mechs are very capable of doing a lot of things a human can. Just that no developer seems to want to try and model this sort of thing. I had hoped the Battletech video game would have tried a little more since it being turn based makes it easier to allow for that sort of thing.

Attached: atlasPUNCH.jpg (1024x768, 131.33K)

The thread was made to compare why the whimsical Japanese Mechs are supposedly so much better then the realistic western ones, and now you choose to get mad when the argument is argued against?

Attached: 45a.gif (300x375, 148.15K)

>designed to appeal for the family
>people complain for making their kids fat
>changes building
>NOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU CAN'T DO THAT.

the US is literally one of the most powerful countries in the world you dipshit, every retarded decision you guys make is projected through a megaphone.

The mods do that and have shown what people want. No idea why they don't do it, they are leaving piles of money on the table.

>western
>realistic
They're even dumber than Japanese mechs. It's faux realism made by retards obsessed with chickens and tubes.

jesus dude how many layers of strawman are you on?

a/m/en brother

god can I please go back to a world where trannies aren't something that are talked about at all? Am I the only one that finds it weird that, no exaggeration, EVERY thread mentions trannies in it? Does no one else notices? Is no one else aware? Does anyone else care? Am I going insane?

Attached: I'm now starting to shit myself.jpg (720x708, 36.08K)

youtube.com/watch?v=ZTkVrRkziDI
They're not real or even close to being "realistic". By all account, they're too fucking heavy and unreliable.

That is just a robot arm on tread and we have tons of those.

Because the one on the right is a fucking robot and not a mech

trannies are in your mecha games, deal with it

For me its the Juggernaught and having 25 of them trudging through a mission annihilating everything.
youtube.com/watch?v=FHUp4q3cWE8

Attached: Capture.jpg (661x567, 23.36K)

Effort I suppose. Modders do have more time and passion than the developers do who just go 'eh good enough'

Attached: dragon goomba stomp.jpg (597x788, 95.43K)

then again retard the battletech universe is a post scarcity society spanning the entire milky way galaxy where technology is so advanced that a space fleet can travel FTL so your arguement of reality vs a based in reality is moot.

*opens asscheeks and braaps in your face
Get bent 3rdie

>Am I going insane?
You probably are
But it might not be too late for you
Get off this website
Leave the internet as a whole
Enjoy a good life offline

Can you please explain to me what the metal spikes on the right design of the OP pic do? How about why it was designed to have hands that hold giant guns instead of just having gun arms that it can swap out? What about the crotch and ass plates that just hang there?

There's a difference between whimsy and stupid shit that bloats a design.

*crawls up your ass and pilots you like a mech*

fuck America
fuck America
I'm an American and left already :) enjoy your recession!

yes, this is good western effort, there was some character here

Attached: FREDVSBIGO.jpg (948x824, 213.34K)

>where technology is so advanced that a space fleet can travel FTL so your argument
Those aren't realistic and doesn't exist in real life. And then you have the nerve to go MUH REALISM. Go fuck yourself you hypnotically mutt.

Why do West prefer the clunky slow mech designs anyway? It makes tanks more preferable.

you just did it, you faggotry first problem.

>Be goon
>Make mech
>It looks like a fucking Gundam
>Don't get sued
>Be westerner
>Make mech
>It looks like a fucking Gundam
>Get sued
Simple az

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-actually its not so bad. I can be like BT, lets go dab on nerds.

My man, you've never suffered the brainrot that is Japanese daytime television.

the fuck are you using the mutt arguement when battletech is british you stupid cunt?

queen died lol

sovl...

Attached: zeon remnants 0083.png (510x382, 394.36K)

>mogs your favorite robot

Attached: Megas_XLR_picture.jpg (960x1440, 219.07K)