What did people think of Majora's Mask on release?

What did people think of Majora's Mask on release?

Attached: majoras-mask.jpg (640x360, 54.43K)

I bought it day one and still love it to this day

my parents bought it the year it released going blind. at first i was confused because it was so weird compared to OoT and by the time I finished i didn't like it because i found it too short.
Now, it's my favorite Zelda of them all.

Gothic. Atmosphere. Kino.

Attached: 1607193261279.png (723x666, 162.64K)

idk why us boomers even talk about it now, the experience is nothing like when we were young and played it for the first time, it was pure magic.

Difficult
But I was 13

i was 7 when it came out. When i rented it i found it confusing and stressful that i "only had three days" to beat the game. Honestly though I was younger when I played OOT and found that game pretty confusing on what to do without a guide at that age. But Majoras seemed extra daunting due to the time mechanic.

However i really loved the town and remember thinking how cool it was to see characters go about their schedule. I really loved day 2 because it rained and I thought the deku scrub was a really nice design.

As I got older it became my favorite 3D zelda.

Hard mode Ocarina of Time

On the day of release I literally walked out of class and straight went to walmart. They had no copies on the shelf but they did have someone's pre-order with the holographic label. The lady is like, you want it? I said sure, took it home and played the shit out of it. I still have the same copy and the complete box.

Some fucker didn't get their pre-order and I don't give a shit lol

I fell in love with it instantly.

It came out the 27th of April which was two days before my birthday. I got it on launch day. Took me two weeks to 100% the game, the story stuck with me the most.

i don't remember a single person talking about it

Oh, finally the game I will play for the next year and shill about it in front of classmates

People hated it because it wasn't OoT. People also hated the time limit. There was a period where the game was considered the black sheep of the series along with Zelda 2.

Felt really strange as a kid
I had preordered the game for my birthday and when I got around to playing it, it had started directly off from where OoT ended. Having been robbed by the Skull Kid after everything in OoT and turned into a Deku Scrub gave me this feeling of sheer helplessness that would follow me around throughout the entire duration of the first 3 day cycle partly because of the moon just looming over head but also because of how powerless I went to being while the Skull Kid who robbed me just sat in the middle of town on top of a tower daring me to come get him.
Getting the Ocarina back, going back in time, going back to see the Mask Salesman, and becoming human again. When I first stepped out into Termina and not just Clock Town I was being greeted with a familiar theme yet somehow other worldly in a sense, it gave me this strange and melancholy feeling of what I could only describe it as putting on those same old Kokiri boots and grabbing my sword for a familiar adventure in a different world it felt really alien and fever dreamish like if Hyrule was somehow twisted into something that wasn't exactly evil or similar to itself like for example the Dark World in ALTTP or the adult timeline in OoT
After beating Woodfall and Tatl making a remark about your experience and asking if you've done this sort of thing before was a really cool touch too

Attached: __fierce_deity_majora_and_majora_s_wrath_the_legend_of_zelda_and_1_more_drawn_by_cathianemelian__220a56670535abe6f7f4542d3605a091.jpg (1000x1415, 281.52K)

I ended up playing it more than OoT because I liked how alive the world felt.

This is unequivocally wrong. It was highly praised on release and got high scores everywhere and I've never seen a person say a bad thing about it until zoomers joined this board.

I thought the game would delete itself in 72 hours

youre kidding right? EVERYONE talked about how people hated the time limit on MM. it was constant "this game sucks" for years and people who liked it were considered hipster retards as everyone else sucked off Wind Waker.

honestly I can't fathom how kids were expected to get some of the masks and complete some of the side quests without a guide unless they spent all of their waking hours taking notes and talking to random npcs
some stuff feels so arbitrary

Bomber's Notebook helped with that. Had I first played the game without the Bomber's Notebook, I probably would have given up the game at 13.

is this zoomer bait? not the user you're replying to but he's right. this game was loved pretty unanimously

So you were retarded back then and still retarded today, cool.