This game aged poorly

>this game aged poorly
why is this such a common excuse to not play old classics?
feels like anything pre-7th gen is too "dated" for modern gamers.

Attached: 1662653650079.jpg (1640x919, 126.12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mUNRFtK_CRA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

pokemom cum booba milf

stop watching youtubers user

>"dated"
I never understood this. But then I don't play annual release franchises.

my favorite game is shining force or megaman legends 2, i play retro vidya all the time and never once have i thought “this is dated” what i have thought before is “bad game design”.

> MOVE ON TO THE NEXT THING™

Attached: consume without question.png (540x267, 246.1K)

>this game aged poorly
this means
"compared to new things i like this one fucking sucks and is boring"

Because it's true. Here's an example of "dated" game design. Having to go into a menu to use the stairs or open doors in Dragon Quest 1 and 2 on the NES.

youtubers have ruined a lot of the repupation of some games that were considered great at the time, and its always because they grew up with consoles that were made after those.
Notice how most tubers that grew up with the Wii or consoles around that era are the ones that shit on older titles.

I can't stand random encounters anymore. It's acceptable if there are items that let you avoid random encounters like repels in Pokemon or holy bottles in Tales games.

Lana mom...

Attached: Lana mom2.png (1178x344, 359.96K)

I tried to play Fallout 1 (a critically acclaimed classic) and it was one of the most dull experiences of my life.

Why do you fags complain about this shit? By your logic you should also be chasing hoops with a stick and walking on stilts for entertainment instead of playing video games.

Games don't age. They're code, numbers. They are just as good (or bad) as they were back then.

"dated" means every sequels/other games do everything better and the game doesn't have anything unique and good about it

Attached: example.jpg (739x1046, 202.57K)

Honestly i think pokemon had the right idea about random encounters since the first games.
You can only trigger them in specific areas like tall grass or a cabe, and you can buy items to skip them if you want to.
Also there are routes you can avoid them if you are willing to fight trainers instead just once.
I don't get why repels or something similar didn't become standard for random encounters.

Try playing the Fallout 2 mod that ports the original game into Fallout 2's engine. Fallout 2's engine is very similar to 1's but it just feels much nicer overall.

"This game aged poorly"
Journo speak: "This game offends me, or I want you to think I'm offended so can I look cool to my friends."
Zoomer speak: "Old thing bad!"
Millennial speak: "CONSOOOOOOOOOOM"

This. It's morons who age their opinions.

Either post the sauce, or fuck off

I also played Fallout 2, it was literally the same experience except with more le hecking epic pop culture references.

youtube.com/watch?v=mUNRFtK_CRA