What is the artstyle of Ace Combat 3 called? Similar art style appeared in Ridge Racer 4...

What is the artstyle of Ace Combat 3 called? Similar art style appeared in Ridge Racer 4. I mean that specific style from very late 90s which quickly disappeared in early 00s

Attached: SLPS-02020-F-ALL.jpg (1000x1014, 179.69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/g2dlmtcnGkc
thedesignersrepublic.com/wipeout
typeface.agency/on-how-the-designers-republic-sculpted-childhoods/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There's no name for it.
It's just devs trying to reach best possible "realism" with the limited, primitive technology available at the time, while still prioritizing clarity and ease-of-reading of the output image using some smart color and shape designs.

PS1 graphics? Try Ultrakill

No, I am talking about GUI design. I remember people wearing t-shirts with similar style at that time. And website looking like that too.

Attached: BGmsHgPrDZFSCbAKNyNjFvFyVV6jn8whSaiXpB9aRXg.jpg (480x360, 43.2K)

Last I checked, PS1 games weren't dogshit ugly Unity/Unreal shadershit with blurry smear filters and vision obscuring bullshit everywhere.

Every >HEY REMEMBER PS1????? LOOK HOW PIXELY THIS IS BRO JUST LIKE PS1 YOU LIKE PS1 RIGHT?
game is the ugliest most dogshit fucking art style right behind modern AAA games. The only games that get the retro aesthetic right are dusk and hrot

more examples

Attached: DXm2mIxX4AEHTp-.jpg (800x640, 73.1K)

Y2K maybe?

Attached: DXm4L0NX0AUsAJx.jpg (640x480, 33.54K)

same as wipeout

Watch this video OP

youtu.be/g2dlmtcnGkc

Namco had/had that style for a lot of their games, including Time Crisis 4 & Razing Storm to a degree. I guess you could all it digital futurism, I really dig it.

There's no specific name for it as far as I know (though something "y2k aesthetic" /euro related is your best bet), but the granddaddies of this style are guys like The Designers Republic. Digging around warp records, wipeout, etc you'll see a lot of this stuff

>ac3
>realism
maybe previous ACs and everything with and after AC4.
AC3 has this really weird cyberpunk/futuristic style to it which is really hard to pinpoint down.

Wipeout too, right? Love that style.

WipEout was similar too.

Attached: WipEoutCover_jpg.jpg (312x319, 96.38K)

Serious answer: Go ask

HE'S THE ONE FOR ME

Wipeout's aesthetic was designed by this design studio and you can see the touches of the design language in their works that OP is talking about: thedesignersrepublic.com/wipeout
typeface.agency/on-how-the-designers-republic-sculpted-childhoods/

Attached: 223moo524aw51.png (500x822, 723.67K)

I JUST WANT TO DANCE
AND POKE YOUR EYES
THEN CLOSE YOUR MIND

Based fucking retard

ACX on the PSP kind of follows AC3- gameplay and menuwise it's based on AC04, but the soundtrack and visual style ingame are very much in the vein of 3.

I really need to finish that game

it is a no name artstyle that appeared on mid 90s and stayed all the way in to the late 2000s