TELL ME YOUR FAVORITE ROGUELIKE AND WHY Any Forums, RIGHT NOW

TELL ME YOUR FAVORITE ROGUELIKE AND WHY Any Forums, RIGHT NOW

Attached: cover.jpg (528x704, 64.3K)

Roguelikes are fucking shit and I'm tired of seeing them, it's the open-world survival crafting of indie games.

CDDA by a huge margin. It has more depth than you'll ever need in a video game and it's unfinished.

Why, the Binding of Isaac of course!

:)

I can't think of an indie roguelike other than Cogmind

FTL because it never fails to push my shit in and make me feel like it's my fault.

Giant alien spiders are no joke

It's honestly fucking insane how roguelites have completely cannibalized the genre's namesake.

Not that I don't enjoy the shit out of Nuclear Throne or Risk of Rain, or really even care for that matter, but it's kinda silly that they even share a descriptor with something like Rogue and the games actually inspired by it.

Attached: 1537085745203.jpg (1242x1186, 438.08K)

ToME because it's fun

Crypt of the Necrodancer

pre-2010 Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup

caves of qud because i like all the wacky builds you can put together and it's got a neat aesthetic + neat lore + neat ost
what do you mean? almost every roguelike is indie. the only AAA roguelike i can think of is shiren the wanderer

Attached: words to live by.png (1137x820, 832.03K)

Technically roguelites are more accurately descibed as roguelikes whereas games like Nethack would be better described as 'rogueclones'

Lol gj user you took his epic roguelike/lite semantics bullshit bait

but calling cogmind a roguelike isn't very good bait because it is a roguelike
>I can't think of an indie roguelike other than FTL
would have been way better bait

Attached: 300_eliF.png (808x675, 55.8K)

Attached: 1445723529644.gif (500x418, 956.66K)

Nice soundtrack, high chaos, nice character creation + build creation
Because it is high chaos it is also riddled with memes though so I can see it not being everyone's cup of tea

Attached: dtr.jpg (616x353, 91.92K)

Toejam and Earl because of all the great memories I have of playing it with my brother

Izuna because of the cute girls

Attached: file.png (385x346, 204.09K)

What if Binding of Isaac but it's Super Metroid?

Attached: DRnGUYMWsAAdPAM.jpg (497x1200, 131.76K)

>Caves of Qud
Devs are tranny communists

you're right but i don't care because the game is fun

Get a load of this crypto facist

Its bait in the sense that we all know what means when he says rougelikes are everywhere and the other guy has to go UM ACKSHUALLY THOSE ARNT ROGUELIKE NOW THIS OBSCURE INDIE GAME YEAH NOW THATS A REAAAALLL ROGUELIKE

Anyone played Demon recently? Did anything get added to it over the last few years?

>Devs are tranny communists
Furfags too. The game is pretty fun though.

Attached: file.png (3138x985, 3.02M)

Nethack, it's kept me coming back for nearly two decades

>TELL ME YOUR FAVORITE ROGUELIKE
>Rogue
Rogue is Rogue, not a rogue-like

putting the genre progenitor as the op image in a genre thread makes sense

there's nothing more like rogue than rogue

baseball
>tile based
>turn based
>procedural generation (umpire calls)
>permadeath (limited outs, losses cannot be reversed)
explain how it doesn't satisfy the berlin interpretation

Attached: 86c00b12690a8084a7e7cf46a63cb1fc[.jpg (1222x810, 44.02K)

if they're called rogue then how comes I plays a warrior in the majority of them?!

Crawl was the comfiest shit before they started stripping things away to avoid bloat and adding a dozen boring gods. Might check out what it's like after so long though.

They're as much of a roguelike as fortnite is a doom-like
The criteria for roguelike shifted from similar gameplay to permadeath mechanics and RNG out the ass.

but what is Rogue like?

FTL was boring as fuck. How does anyone like it?

I've been mostly playing Rift Wizard for the past 2 years. The MVP is the level generator which creates various tactical challenges for the player, best randomly generated roguelike levels I've seen.

Attached: level_5_begin.png (1600x900, 60.38K)

Dungeon crawl devs are too busy removing gender and basic gameplay mechanics to actually improve it
Much like C:DDA, the project got co-opted by literal trannies.