What are your honest and final thoughts on FFIX?

What are your honest and final thoughts on FFIX?

Attached: Dagger 2.jpg (2160x2160, 826.23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aZMLpUTram0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

just like every FF, shit gameplay carried by its music and art
if the series didnt have Uematsu it would've died a while ago.

I enjoyed playing it when it came out.
The music is excellent and I own the soundtrack on CD as a result.
If you wish to play FFIX, I recommend emulating it with the "Moguri Mod" applied, since it offers SPECTACULAR adjustments to the visual presentation (and other options if you wish).

9/10 video game.
Worth playing if you have 20+ hours available over the course of a day or month.

Attached: Garnet Til Alexandros XVII.jpg (660x495, 40.63K)

Best tomato in any FF game?

I liked it enough to NOT want a remake.

The cutting of hair is in no way indicative of character development.
Also, discs 3 and 4 are complete absolute garbage.

It was kino in the day it came out but overplayed now. Don't get it mixed up.

It was shit then, it's even worse now.

Love it

It's perfect

shut the fuck up zoomer

Original Sucks ass and overall doesn’t feel satisfying to play. For one, battles feel like they go on for an eternity and enemies always feel like they’re faster than you.

got mad?

It's the most baffling entry in the series. All of its aspect, except for the combat (very bad) and the ending (perfect), are simultaneously amazing and horrible. There s no safe haven to focus on to have a good time, so on average it's bad.

And these are my final much more positive thoughts, not the thoughts I kept for twelve years about it. This game falsely convinced me during that time, that I hate nostalgia for instance.

Attached: FFIX_Essence.jpg (516x764, 166.46K)

Thats not the character development, thats a way to show the character development
Two things that might sound similar but it isnt

>kino! it was so kino! back in the day it was so kino!!
Shut the fuck up, zoomer. Stupid little bitch.

its a great compliment for her ass

>

Attached: 1654944150659.jpg (519x334, 76.42K)

It's got a lot of flaws, but it's dripping with so much charm that I can't help but love it. I just replayed it a couple months ago after not touching it for years, and it really improved my opinion of the game.

Attached: FINAL FANTASY IX - Map_ 3100, Loc_ 38 Name_ Mognet Central 7_5_2022 12_07_16 AM.png (1343x864, 3.36M)

Attached: nicebobstho.jpg (900x1000, 124.15K)

Hes gay but his digits mean i have to agree with him.

The only final fantasy with fantasy in it

Attached: tom.png (335x346, 121.2K)

Thats your future too son. Unless, of course, you've figured out how to mitigate the ravages of time?

The Chocobo minigame is the best in the franchise.
The music is terrific, the gameplay is addictive, and it's nice to have the extra treasure hunting activity to do on the World Map that can lead to useful items early

Attached: 262222-chocoboforest.jpg (480x360, 22.23K)

It's like Final Fantasy IV in that it looks like a straight fantasy game before taking a sharp turn into sci-fi.

Attached: FINAL FANTASY IX - Map_ 2714, Loc_ 344 Name_ 7_3_2022 11_51_36 PM.png (1536x864, 3.09M)

Aside from the OP the characters are aggressively ugly and the combat is very boring and the cutaway scenes are padding and the dialogue is childish but it's still oddly charming and the environments are nice. It's saved by feeling very videogame-y if that makes sense.

youtube.com/watch?v=aZMLpUTram0
She's hotter with short hair and that's all that matters

Attached: 1651351626147.jpg (1210x1500, 266.05K)

That anyone who didn't name Garnet Garnet deserves a smack

Final Fantasy really said "Let's do 3 black haired love interests in a row"

you cannot name one horrible thing about the music

After disc 2 I really find the game boring.

Yes and?

Attached: 1638971967284.jpg (1089x662, 458.76K)

i consider it like a big old middle finger to amano

A few of my firsts faps were to Garnet. I also enjoyed the game, looking for treasure in the Chocobo was fun. The only regret I have is not being able to defeat the secret boss.

Attached: 1661537903761096.gif (190x190, 293.21K)

I wouldn't mind a remake, just so long as it's not obscenely overboard. Expand on the original instead of having the original and some new fanfiction that barely meshes together.

Also this.

you will get your spooky time ghosts flying around and you will like it

Its luck based anyway without knowing how its ai works so not blaming you. I beat it as a kid but it took so many tries that it wasnt even fun. Last played it few years back and one shot the fucker so i got really lucky