What is next for Halo?

What is next for Halo?

Attached: 321246436.png (997x2048, 1.24M)

343 somehow, someway, finds a way to worsen infinite

cancellation

death hopefully

nothing, reach was a good final installment. forerunners are humans. chief is still asleep on the Dawn

gay roleplay

Do you guys think 343i should be fired?

Attached: Master_chief_halo_infinite.png (244x504, 169.45K)

feet

Attached: 1662578176937.jpg (997x561, 92.23K)

/thread

Nothing. The Covenant and the Flood are defeated. All of the major conflicts are resolved so continuing those conflicts simply shits on what the characters have accomplished.

Attached: 1510941829758.gif (400x225, 3.21M)

>forerunners are humans
They were? I just thought the implication was they made the humans.

They could just invent a new faction like in Halo 4

And how did that work out?

or they could just steal and ruin a faction from a good spinoff like they did in Infinite

>Joseph Staten and Eric Nylund (Fall of Reach) Halo lore (1998 - 2010)

Humans are Forerunner. The game came before the story, so they just needed a reason why only humans can activate Halo and why the Covenant wants to kill them. They are Reclaimers because they are reclaiming their old shit. Staten's writing, especially for characters like 343 Guilty Spark and Gravemind, showcase his narrative pretty strongly, as well as Contact Harvest where Mendicant Bias blares it at the Prophets, triggering the war.

The ethical questions surrounding the SPARTAN program
The almost impossible fight against the vastly superior forces of the Covenant and how it's just a losing fight
The gritty representation of the UNSC/ODST perspective and their weird dynamic with the SPARTANs
The mystery surrounding ONI

>343 (2011-)

So now 343i wants to make their own trilogy, the Reclaimer Saga, with a cohesive lore backing it. They hand the reigns to author Greg Bear, who writes the Forerunner Saga, putting a lot of the events of Halo 4 into context, Humans are not descended from Forerunners

>the Ur-Didact performs a brevet mutation on Bornstellar essentially making him a copy of himself. This mutation gave Bornstellar all of the Didact’s thoughts and memories. Bornstellar is now known as the Iso-Didact
>Bornstellar rebirths a proto human as 343 Guilty Spark. We also find out that the Librarian has been busy placing imprints(gei) in many people
>Bornstellar tells of another geas that he suspects the Librarian imprinted somewhere on the Human race.
>Reclaimer, when I indexed mankind for repopulation, I hid seeds from the Didact. Seeds which would lead to an eventuality. Your physical evolution. Your combat skin. Even your ancilla, Cortana. You are the culmination of a thousand lifetimes of planning.
>Master Chief is the one that the Librarian placed this imprint on.
>Iso-Didact is the one who takes his place and ends up firing the Halo array to wipe out the Flood

What were 343 thinking?

Wtf? Who writes this?

>good spinoff
peepee poopoo

Timeline is off. I'd go
>1998-2007
Pretty much what you wrote.
>2007-2011
H3 Terminals and bookshit like Ghosts of Onyx begin to introduce a divide between Forerunners and Humans, and Reclaimer Humans between normal Humans.

The setting here becomes fundamentally fucked, because the Covenant and the Flood no longer have legitimate reasons for their grudge against mankind, or at least they get significantly downgraded to cursory/nonsensical. Luckily the actual cinematics in H3 completely ignore this shit.

Then we get into this really weird pro-eugenics thing where some humans have special genes that let them use Forerunner tech and others don't. The girl in the Halo TV represents both issues pretty well, it makes no sense for the Covenant to not accept humans (343i's words) and of course she has the special chosen one genetics that make her important.
>2011-
Now that 343i is in full control Frank hires Greg Bear to retcon his first retcon. This boomer does not play or really give a shit about Halo, and writes a series full of bad, obnoxiously flowery science fiction divorced from the games. These books ruin the Forerunners, Flood, and Ancient Humans.

The narrative foundation of the setting is now fucked. 343i now goes ahead and tries to build on it, and the result is the writing quality in the Reclaimer "Saga". Which actually AVOIDED some of the worst of it, I don't think people know about the Pheru or Forerunner cows.

343 will find a way to make it worse

Attached: 1589479019032.jpg (745x636, 135.17K)

More ass sucking

I know an environment artist for Halo 5? I think.
Anything anons wanna ask him?

how the fuck did they manage to make a halo game with no marines?

I finally got it bros

Attached: r2tiwrjrija81.jpg (960x660, 75.06K)

would an environment guy know anything about that?