Why can't fantasy games capture the actual whimsy and excitement of European medieval fantasies...

Why can't fantasy games capture the actual whimsy and excitement of European medieval fantasies? Instead they all feel like Game of Thrones and Dragon Age where there's just a bunch of boring lorebabble and extremely forgettable locations and events that feel like they just have to be there.

Attached: FSbv8YHVgAA8UTD.jpg (1768x2048, 319.63K)

Just post the goblins already, we all know that's why you made n the thread.

You don't like actual goblins

Take the Dragon Quest pill my nigga.

Oh? Do tell us user.

Show us some "real" goblins.

g

Attached: 1392172673258.jpg (720x720, 118.55K)

Attached: gobbos.jpg (602x452, 25.32K)

Whimsy fantasy is gay and lame

just go to california, youll see plenty of them hobbling around.

>pic unrelated

Attached: __goblin_girl_original_drawn_by_kooni__bb3c43d69cb929b18374e5950856b9f9.jpg (2153x2860, 472.12K)

Attached: 24A57495-2A1C-4B59-B99A-BCCBDBDE0353.jpg (1024x489, 104.24K)

i dont know what the hell you mean

I want to FUCK a goblin.

You want to fuck a goblin, I get it. They're pretty hot.
I'm still a fairy guy.

Attached: fairy wife.jpg (1280x1860, 602.72K)

what is an "actual" goblin

Human women.

Attached: 046_1486980390.png (1125x1600, 334.24K)

Play a Zelda game!

Attached: Hazardous Materials.png (428x490, 185.87K)

You know what? We need a reverse isekai goblin setting. Goblins invade modern day Japan and shit gets messy.

coco is top cute and not for lewd

Attached: coco.jpg (1201x1920, 382.9K)

I want to wife a goblin and have her all to myself, and make her go against their polyamorous nature

I prefer kobolds personally but a gobbo is good too.

Attached: 1618651159619.jpg (836x972, 166.72K)

Based doujin

Okay, real talk here. Are there ANY games with cute goblin waifus?

Attached: honey.jpg (700x636, 114.36K)

imps are the best of both worlds, but i think i still like fairies the best.

Attached: c6fd7689b005fe7057eff46987baacfd.jpg (2465x2981, 472.87K)

I know that this is just a goblinfucker thread but I’m answering the question anyway because it interests me.

The reason is that pretty much all fantasy games, even those that aren’t RPGs, are more or less derivative of D&D, which has the following problems:
>Primarily influenced by sword and sorcery which, while fun, is typically vulgar and more reliant on violence, sex, and edginess for appeal
>Highly rationalized: in order to work as a game mechanic, magic must be scientific and quantitative. All races and creatures must be categorizable, fictional history must be fully developed like real history, etc.
If you go back and read the first modern fantasy novel (George MacDonald’s Phantastes) you will realize how wildly different the appeal of early fantasy is from contemporary fantasy games.

As a side note, this is one reason I really love Ocarina of Time. Maybe because it isn’t truly western and thus not beholden to the D&D idea of fantasy, but it manages to contain a greater fineness, more real magic and sense of the romantic sublime than most other fantasy games.

Skyrim but you have to make them yourself

>Super Spoe
Post bigger.

Do you like fairies who look like this?

Attached: aloe9.jpg (627x1000, 177.06K)

d&d is just ripped off Tolkien. Why are you dumb&dumber fags like this
>we invented fantasy
Such an american centric view of reality.

Dick too big for her.

Not OP but I'd really like to see a more comedic comic/like take on high fantasy for a videogame, if there isn't one already.

Yes.
Also she finally gets a proper penetration scene with Stunk later where they're testing out a new "one size fits all" magic and they're both pissed off at how good the sex was, since they like shit talking each other.

need to buy special lube for entry! and alot of money

latinas

Nta, but why are you crying so hard got damn.

d&d takes from a wide variety of fantasy sources, there's vance and wolfe and howard in there just the same as tolkien
which is cool, but also part of the problem, because after, what, forty years of dnd and its imitators, all those original sources have been boiled down into "generic fantasy"
i think you misunderstood his post or are just looking for something to be mad at

I’m basically saying D&D is shit though?

Im sorry user but it is simply too large, you need to fuck the fatter fairy instead.

Attached: Fat Fairy.jpg (900x1350, 242.32K)

Don't you DARE disrespect Latinas you pussy.

She cute!

Attached: 1660846675608631.jpg (618x617, 33.06K)

When everything is special, nothing is special.
Tone down the fantasy elements instead of having them fucking everywhere.

For me, it's the pygmy. Not for sex or anything, I just want to carry her around and feed her muffins and stuff.

They are super short and have huge asses. Wheres the insult?
t.Latino

>hydraulic deployment sounds
>takes aim at goblinoids and sympathizers

This thread is now about Siege tanks the backbone of modern artillery.

Attached: m109a6-paladin-self-propelled-howitzer[1].jpg (2667x1500, 576.43K)

>Highly rationalized: in order to work as a game mechanic, magic must be scientific and quantitative. All races and creatures must be categorizable, fictional history must be fully developed like real history, etc.
I was going to post almost precisely this. The nature of a video game is that it's programmed, quantifiable and ultimately understandable. Even procedurally generated elements can be recognised as just that. So you can never quite get the mystery necessary for a fairy-tale setting to intrigue; it might work for some people on a first play, but gamers are trained to recognise patterns, so that suspension of disbelief is a hard sell.
And now people are going to continue to post about goblins because OP doomed his thread from the start.

I'm sorry I just love big asses.
t.Black

Forgot the page.

Attached: 1639242836868.png (1337x1902, 1.41M)