About to start this, never played it before because i heard it ruins chrono trigger's story. What am i in for?

About to start this, never played it before because i heard it ruins chrono trigger's story. What am i in for?

Attached: cc.jpg (597x513, 58.55K)

>i heard it ruins chrono trigger's story
A lie pushed by Trigger-niggers who were too stupid to understand Cross' story.

A not great RPG that's an even worse sequel, and a shitload of potential party members with zero character development. And a fucking phenomenal soundtrack.

all of the characters in the previous game die a horrible death except for frog and ayla. those two are nowhere to be found thankfully.

>Best soundtrack
>Fun combat system when you figure it out
>No need for grinding due to the level system being tied to Boss fights
It's my favorite, I love it

A very memorable game that has nothing to do with chrono trigger. Great art, soundtrack and trippy locations.

This game deserves a remaster.

The only way I can describe it is as a decent-but-overcomplicated story that's buried beneath another, significantly worse story.

Attached: db3db7973df5af1f628757db7f22fc93.jpg (600x800, 84.21K)

>This game deserves a remaster.
It just had one.

It has nothing to do with Chrono Trigger's story until 3/4th of the way in when it suddenly drops several huge callbacks, and then the last hour or two of the game is just walls and walls of lore dump which filtered readlets even further.

tl;dr triggerniggers mad it wasn't a direct sequel and that their beloved MC wasn't the star

Some of the easiest combat in the genre
Really fucking nice visuals and music
Islands
Mindfuckery
NG+
Bizarre accents
Ghost ship
Customizable dialogue frames

>Ghost ship
I feel like i'm the only one that didn't like the ghost ship. It was such a chore.

Cross could have easily been its own game completely. Thankfully the connections are incredibly loose and reaching that you can just assume the original crew did not die and are just off on another time traveling adventure during the time.

I threw that in there cause it stood out to me in a somewhat negative way. I can't think of a jrpg ghost ship that I looked forward to. Ships and pirates and that stuff in general doesn't interest me so much but it probably makes me a pleb.

it‘s shit don‘t

Not caring for unoriginal generic horror shit makes you a pleb?

user its been 23 years since the game came out.

picrel

>except for frog and ayla
Frog was the first wielder of the demonic sword Masamune that drives its wielders insane and causes them to betray and attack their friends. He did not escape Kato's wild ride.

Attached: Chrono Cross in a nutshell.jpg (1079x900, 143.95K)

No, boats.

I didn't like it because somehow my game fucked up and wouldn't progress past it. I spent weeks researching it to try and figure out what I missed but nothing worked.
I got pissed off at it and stopped playing it for a few months. When I restarted a new game I did everything the same but somehow it worked and I was able to continue.

I liked it

This game is so fucking bad

Played it this year. It's pretty good but it has some issues like having too many characters, like 40 or so. I wouldn't mind having too many characters if there was a reason to rotate them but there really isn't any, and only few of them actually get proper character development. Also setting up skills gets fucking tedious so that's another reason to no never fucking swap characters. Another thing that was major annoyance was that your attack sequence can be interrupted by the enemy.

Also the original game runs like shit, which they didn't fix for the remaster and Square, deservedly, got a lot of shit for it. Easily fixable with an emulator, fiddle around with the overclock hacks. I think GTE overclock was the one that fixed slowdowns during battles.