So now that the dust has settled...

So now that the dust has settled, can we admit this game is only good by fangame standards and isn't that good in general? Samus Returns was better.

Attached: am2r.jpg (1600x900, 458.46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bFbuCTOTBrg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Samus Returns was better
gb2bed nintendo

no.
SM > ZM > AM2R > Fusion > original 1 and 2 >> shit > Dread > SR > you

>ZM
Super tards shouldn't have allowed to have an opinion.

Metroid Prime > Fusion > Dread > all

It's literally the best 2D Metroid game

This. Can't do back to any of the others after experiencing AM2R. Nintendo needs to step up their game.

I love ASMR, bros
youtu.be/bFbuCTOTBrg

based.

Attached: 41cd05b44413445de11e81b673a0b287.jpg (2283x1500, 840.05K)

I was saying that ever since it came out. It's very impressive for a fangame, but the new and reused assets clash so hard with everything else.

I actually liked it as much as Super Metroid. I can understand if you didn't like the game as much as some of the others which is pretty normal considering there is always a healthy distribution of opinions when it comes to which game title people like more in a series. That said we all like metroid and there's no reason to autistically sperg out about a title unless its actually really bad.

ZM is really brought down by the stupid statues.

It's spectacular for a fangame and arguably on par with Zero Mission

It is, however, trying to ritz up Metroid 2, and there is jack shit to work with there. Samus Returns had the exact same problem but I feel leaned more to Metroid 2's strengths by keeping it as the same super-linear design instead of trying to make it an interconnected world a la Super, and leaned more into the puzzle-solving element

>fangame standards
Its a video game. There is no """fangame standard""".
Either its fun or its shit, and AM2R is fun. Flexible playstyles and offers replayability with extra modes. Samus Returns however is railroaded, almost all segments are linear and made the game more difficult by reducing FOV in an already small screen, added gimmicks that are only serves as padding to artificially prolong the game. Gameplay is boring and frustrating, parry is near mandatory as its overpowered and many enemies revolve being parried otherwise they deal massive damage especially in the early game, and the metroid fights were boring and frustrating as damaging it just makes them run away forcing you to humor them with the written script of them running away, again only to artificially extend the game trying to find and chase it. Replayability is only stemmed from speedrunning and 100% to unlock a few scenes, with useful extras being locked behind amiibos.

Attached: 1337545500857.jpg (344x291, 29.15K)

>Literally the best Metroid game
>Only good by fan game standards
Maybe Metroid as a series just isn't that good then

I really liked AM2R, played it on release. But yeah Samus Returns is just much, much better. Playing it a year after playing AM2R, really gave me that feel of: THIS is actually advancing the series. The new redesigns were really cool, on the creatures, Samus' suit, and specially the Metroids. The boss battles were some of the best in the series, actual highlights of the game in contrast to the meh, weird bosses in AM2R, the short but effective action cutscenes really sold the feel of having a modernized 2D Metroid. And the new mechanics like the Counter and Aeion Abilities were a good foundation in which to evolve and freshen up the series' gameplay. Samus Returns is severely underrated

Attached: 20220906_034811.jpg (1190x669, 272.5K)

I thought it was great, good enough that I put what happened to it on the ever growing list of reasons I hate Nintendo as an adult.

Everything was about Samus Returns was absolute mid. It's probably the ugliest game I've ever played, seriously.

>Samus Returns was better.
You're actually serious, aren't you?

Attached: bwahahaha.png (698x658, 75.7K)

Samus Returns drags

>Samus Returns was better.
I wouldn't go that far, but the gap between them isn't nearly as big as Any Forums posters want you to believe.