Did it ever have potential?

Did it ever have potential?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 123.69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6YJoOfRd12g&ab_channel=Junkfish
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The neighbour is supposed to be a rapist, right?

Of course it had potential. Fucking Yandere Sim had potential. A LOT of games have potential.
Many never capitalize on it, however. This was one of those games.

yeah, in like the very first build, but these games need to be dumbed down for the average streamer to enjoy.

Name another procedurally generated horror game

I think matpat will enjoy this thread

Monstrum
youtube.com/watch?v=6YJoOfRd12g&ab_channel=Junkfish

Attached: image_2022-09-05_154227189.png (1280x720, 1.2M)

Seems like it'd be pretty simple concept to get right. Shoot, I could do it, if I felt like it.

I would say it's less dumbed down but more 'the beta is the peak'. What we presume was the base and it was going to build/improve upon was actually the very best the dev could come up with and didn't know how to improve upon it.

I've seen this game at the shop before and it's like...is the entire game about not getting raped? It was like rated T or something.

yes, in one of its first alphas
but the devs tried to make it too many things at once

I wish this game was better.
It was fun for like a couple of hours but after you escape through every possible method and see all the monsters and their gimmicks you start to realize despite it's variety it's pretty much lacking in atmosphere.
Which is weird because you'd think with multiple monsters it would set up a pretty good one through out the game, but it really only does at the start until you find out which of them it is.

I think it did well for an indie 2015 game, my only gripe with it is that it was made with the old unity engine, so it's got a lot of that jank

I loved this game, shame the devs had to fall for the asymetric horror meme and turn the sequel into a party game

I think @MayyPatGT will enjoy dissecting this thread post by post.

If their initial pitch of that dude having some advanced AI, then probably. To this day we've never got good AI, exception being FEAR but that shit is scripted

bump

Attached: yandere_dev.jpg (703x1111, 94.72K)

no

half life 2 was pretty good for squad tactics their npcs did until it got fucked by an update, now they don't know where to take cover, how to back each other up etc, they just stand out in the open when i recently played through again

>valves face with mods that worked off of half life 2

Attached: 420_20200331161953_1.png (1920x1080, 2.58M)

Yandere Sim never had potential because its intentions were to make some loser popular on Any Forums by pandering to the board after some fighting game player hurt his feelings.

QRD?

No. it was always meant to be streamer bait so they make le funny scared faeces and drive up sales.

Who's matpat?

popular YT film theorist

Yandere dev tried to show his shitty fighting game to MikeZ and rightfully got told he needs to learn to code. He's been on a depression spiral ever since.

An eceleb that became famous for talking about fnaf and its convoluted backstory. As a result of this, several hackdevs tried to make their own imitations of fnaf with the sole purpose of getting famous thanks to matpat making a video based off the games "deep lore"

Matpat McCrotch

qrd?

He's just a theorist.

A GAY THEORIST