Out of all the bosses in Demon's Souls, why did this become the template for 90% of bosses in future games

Out of all the bosses in Demon's Souls, why did this become the template for 90% of bosses in future games
>Bro it's like a slightly big guy who jumps around the room a little bit too fast for the camera, and you have to run up and hit him then run away, and memorize his patterns and keep doing it!!
It was one of the most boring bosses in Demon's Souls but every souls game has at least six of them

Attached: 611c0b4439eb22993390059b810f356a.jpg (809x455, 59.64K)

I cannot comment on this topic because I do not play Souls games. Sorry OP.

Attached: what.png (573x488, 630.69K)

>and memorize his patterns and keep doing it!!
He gets stunlocked to death. The real "template" are Atorias and Manus

>It was one of the most boring bosses in Demon's Souls
It's better than Adjudicator, Dragon God, Leechmonger, Fool's Idol, Dirty Colossus, Phalanx, Penetrator, Maiden, etc. In fact, only Old Monk is better, and maybe Allant and Maneaters, and Allant is just another version of Flamelurker

This

Almost all of those bosses are godlike and more interesting than a lot of what came after. They were just too easy. I don't know why Fromsoft would make such brutal levels and then constantly pitch you underhands with the bosses. I guess they were experimenting with this game and weren't sure how to balance.
>Allant is just another version of Flamelurker
Oh god I'm talking to a retard, why did I type all this.

Learn to play issue
>It was one of the most boring bosses in Demon's Souls
Bullshit, he was the best after Maneaters

>Almost all of those bosses are godlike and more interesting than a lot of what came after. They were just too easy. I don't know why Fromsoft would make such brutal levels and then constantly pitch you underhands with the bosses. I guess they were experimenting with this game and weren't sure how to balance.

Attached: michael-does-life.gif (498x280, 802.49K)

The problem isn't that the boss is hard, it's that it's boring. "Dodge and hit" is a fun idea for a boss, not fifty of them

that's literally the entirety of souls. they've introduced quite a bit of parryable bosses since then, but for hulkish/monster monsters, its always dodge and hit. mayyybbbe hit these weakspots then boss goes does for a critical sprinkled in.

and people say souls games are hard...pfft. but, what is a "good" boss fight to you (that isn't in a souls game)?

Not him, but most large monsters in Monster Hunter. You know, actually engaging combat (hit the weak point, climb on it etc)

Then stop dodging, retard

Hmm, lets see the other options now shall we
>dragon god
oh yeah, stealth boss that dies in 3 hits
>spider
Oh man, it sure is fun to go, hit the boss, then go back, repeat 3 times, fuck yeah mario boss design.
>phalanx
in every game but das1, is shit in all of them
>storm king
gimmick "look at the epic sword" boss, for braindead people
>astrea
>old monk
later games had npc fights, they all suck as well
>adjudicator
dude hit the weak spot of this boss that will never hit you! Amazing!
>tower knight
adjudicator, but not as bad.
>colossus
>leechmonger
Do i need to say anything?
>maneaters
Do you like janky bosses? Or is it the "there is two now" gimmick, because they kept the latter
>fools idol
The only good one, never surpassed in its gimmick

The rest like penetrator, old hero and fake allant are just good straight fights (though you can cheese hero and make it a joke).

DeS has mediocre fights overall.

I'm feeling how shit this is to play right now

Demon's is the best one

If ER came out first you would say that is the best one.

>shitting on man eaters

Attached: 1662025097864011.png (609x539, 242.34K)

Its an okay fight and the moment the 2nd one shows up is such gold that they kept it ever since (gargs, darklurker, 2tigers, that one CD boss from BB, the 2 sharks in the dlc, 2monkey in sekiro, etc...) but they are super fucking jank, both the ai and moveset.

>"Dodge and hit" is a fun idea for a boss, not fifty of them
Why are you dodging

They were all unique and memorable, which you can't say about gutter trash bosses from later games

Yep, this girl gets it. Demon's Souls sucks. Everything this prototype offers is surpassed by the predecessors.
Let's see: This game has gimmicky bosses, boring levels, too few good weapons, too few armor, stupid healing system, stupid weapon enhancing asoasf. Only a tranny would say otherwise. Are you a tranny, user?

>Unique
Not even, shit like Leechmonger and Dirty Colossus feel like the same fucking boss
>Memorable
Only because there are 18 of them, and even then if you only remember them for being mostly shit i wouldnt say its a good point.
>gutter trash bosses from later games
If it wasnt BoC (a des tier boss) Dragon God would be the worst boss From made in these past 15 years.

Dont put words into my mouth, DeS has a lot of strong points, the bosses were never one of them though.