He literally did nothing wrong

He literally did nothing wrong.

Attached: ar.png (485x905, 544.27K)

literally who

why cant you just say you want to talk about Bioshock like a normal person

Attached: 165108009612.jpg (332x318, 73.03K)

he wasn't even the bad guy
fontaine just convinced you he was

he was a lolbert tho

>We all come down here, figured we'd all be part of Ryan's Great Chain. Turns out Ryan's chain is made of gold, and ours are the sort with the big iron ball around your ankle. He's up in Fort Frolic banging fashion models… we're down in this dump yanking guts outta fish. Fontaine's promising something better. He's like one-a us, you know, like he's worked a day in his life.

>The people here have grown to trust me… Ryan's mistress, and still they take me in! They finally brought me to Atlas. Without him, the people of Apollo Square would give up. I asked him if he was going to lead the people in some kind of uprising against Ryan. He sighed and said, "I am not a liberator. Liberators do not exist. These people will liberate themselves." I thought Andrew Ryan was a great man. I was a fool.

>I could have been the toast of Broadway, the talk of Hollywood. But, instead, I followed you to this soggy bucket. When you needed my star light, I illuminated you. But now I rot, waiting for an audience that doesn't... ever... come... I'm writing something for you, Andrew Ryan... it's a requiem.

>Could I have made mistakes? One does not build cities if one is guided by doubt. But can one govern in absolute certainty? I know that my beliefs have elevated me, just as I know that the things I have rejected would have destroyed me. But the city... it is collapsing before my... have I become so convinced by my own beliefs that I have stopped seeing the truth? Perhaps. But Atlas is out there, and he aims to destroy me, and destroy my city. To question is to surrender. I will not question.

>These sad saps. They come to Rapture thinking they're gonna be captains of industry, but they all forget that somebody's gotta scrub the toilets. What an angle they gave me... I hand these mugs a cot and a bowl of soup, and they give me their lives. Who needs an army when I got Fontaine's Home for the Poor?

Ryan did a lot wrong

Bioshock, is that the watered down version of system shock 2?

Attached: 1662381739586578.jpg (600x600, 34.54K)

>Any Forums
>normal people

Go to Suchong's Clinic Carlos. He has a special suit for you

Imagine the smell, to be raped imagine, today I don’t feel like writing the whole thing so this is all you get

Attached: 235E720B-4A0A-4D96-B0D8-65401788ED76.jpg (505x607, 26.54K)

Why does everyone hate the first Bioshock now? I remember it being amazing at release and being considered one of the best games of all time by the majority. Then like 5 years ago everyone started shitting on it overnight.

Attached: 12f59e05c632bd17f2409172507d6407.png (267x400, 78.99K)

I haven't seen too much outright hate for it. Only that it's more clunky than BioShock 2 and the last third of the game is a drag. It's still a good game but not the Citizen Kane of Gaming that people like to pretend it is

I thought his only mistake was letting Fontaine get away with so much shit unchecked?

Fontaine was the reason that Rapture was a horrible place by the time you get there.

welcome to 4channel's Any Forumseddit, the official normie board

>Citizen Kane of Gaming
Its still the closest there is to it

I'd rather imagine cumming in her helmet and sealing it as a weird form of revenge.

Attached: 1524433246634.png (684x597, 6.21K)

Well he also left behind anybody that didn't have the capital to build an entire business from scratch. Which is basically everybody that actually laid the brick and mortar of Rapture because they were working for Bill McDonough at the time. The fact that your children could be kidnapped or you could be experimented on made anybody who wasn't already rich hate Andrew Ryan. As for Frank Fontaine initially Andrew Ryan liked him

>I'll admit Fontaine showed some foresight when he built up the Plasmid business, but the man really never understood sales. Hiding those little girls beneath a bushel. I've just seen the preliminary design work on the new Plasmid machines, and they're exactly what I wanted. Mark my words -- presented properly, those Little Sisters are marketing gold.

Up until he found out Frank Fontaine was gaining his extreme wealth by smuggling. Except that he couldn't prove it and when Fontaine began getting richer and more popular than him he became intolerable to Ryan. He outright admits that he went after Fontaine because Fontaine was pulling the great chain away from him. Maybe Andrew Ryan should have just bought an island.

>Something must be done about Fontaine. While I was buying buildings and fish futures, he was cornering the market on genotypes and nucleotide sequences. Rapture is transforming before my eyes. The Great Chain is pulling away from me. Perhaps it's time to give it a tug.

hipsters pretended to have gone back and played system shock 2 and actually that's better just like my deus exes
contrarians pretended the second was objectively better
the public moved onto praising infinite because it shootbanged more like cod and the skyboxes were a prettier shade of blue and pretty lady followed you around
hipster contrarians pretended to have played Prey 2017 with only the glue gun and psychic powers and decided it was objectively better and that actually Bioshock was always bad because infinite was stupid

In what fucking universe are you? The only game being hated in the franchise is infinite and it deserves it, other than the hacking and the... ehem... ludonarrative dissonance after breaking control from Fontaine theres really nothing wrong about the first one

So people moved to an underwater city of their own free will, could do pretty much anything, and then got upset because they had to get a job to earn their keep. After which they decided to followed Fontaine and destroyed the city dooming themselves to a horrendous and miserable existence killing eachother and waiting for the walls to burst and drown them.
Andrew Ryan wasn't perfect but its the people's stupidity and entitlement that doomed rapture not his ideals.

I don't think people signed on to have their children kidnapped or to be turned into Picasso paintings by Steinman because of voice in his head told him that symmetry was bad

>ideology that prioritizes the flourishing of the strong while the exploitation of the weak isn't just tolerated but expected
>the weak revolt and unite as a collective and despite the known impending casualties, challenge the strong (while also often being exploited by someone else who wants to get in the high position that's gonna open up soon)
Wow, who could've seen this coming, except for everyone who knows how basically every revolt in history ever happened.
If you don't look after your weak, they're too easily enticed and they become a torn in your side or they fuck up your whole shit.

>make an utopia in the skies
>family, god and patriotism
>no degeneracy
>technological advanced
>superpowers, flying buildings, automatons, Elizabeth
>only reason everything went down is because they allowed niggers and other minorities in to be the work force and booker (you) gave them weapons and weakened the police force for them
>all what daisy does is kill people and make Columbia fall into pieces because she doesn’t know shit about managing a flying city
Remind me why the fuck is comstock the bad guy?

Attached: 847300FE-5DDB-452D-A29B-E032F012B191.jpg (442x693, 22.41K)

Even that is being too generous. I don't understand how the people and Rapture are so retarded that they don't realize their "weak" is actually a precious commodity. These people literally live in a bubble. Bill McDonough is losing his shit because the governors of each area aren't maintaining their pipes. Meaning the workers have to do it. Am I supposed to expect that Sander Cohen will know how to patch a leak? Or that Dr Steinman will know what to do about frozen pipes? These people treat their workers like shit when their workers are the only reason they get to remain alive. Like you have to pay $2 just to use the shitter. There are Health kiosks that heal every injury with no discernible need for extra resources and you still have to pay for it. The idea of insurance is related to being a rapist, yes Andrew Ryan actually said this. If all of the workers keep dying or ending up in Suchong's office then who is maintaining the city?