Final Fantasy XI still gets updates

>Final Fantasy XI still gets updates

Attached: FZanQAJUUAACWkd.jpg (1200x675, 90.29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/MUAJ-cJbOFY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Final Fantasy Xi steals devtime from Xiv

my parents bought me this game for my 11th birthday but saw that it was online and took it away after my first 20 minutes in. now i cant look at it without lowkey seething, still dont know what it was about

bad ones. it's classic server time.

And that's a good thing.

Attached: 1650431651331.jpg (1920x1080, 1.26M)

Based.

Attached: ff11-general-mihli-aliapoh.jpg (650x1200, 102.86K)

I'm glad it does. I go back every now and then.

Y'know how in wow you can just do quests solo to level up? Or even pick herbs 8 billion times?

In ffxi if you wanted to level up past 12 you had to go to the desert and find a party to kill shit there and you had to do it until level 20.

It was pretty fun struggling with everyone

>yfw FFXI outlives WoW

Attached: 700000 KEKS.png (356x441, 180.95K)

Yes or play bst and style on people soloing IT++ mobs around them and then blowing a bomb up on their party.

>He doesn't know

I play on 2 private servers and they have too sparse of a population to replicate the feeling of old ffxi. Too many private clubs and not enough normal people.

Other way around, troon.

After watching ProJared's review, Vanilla FFXI looks like the most boring, tedious game ever.
Is XI a subscription MMO?

You do realize BST was an advanced level job. So you had to hit 30 before you could unlock those jobs. You would've had to do the initial grind in the Dunes prior to that. So you've already invalidated your post.

It definitely was boring and tedious. But what made the game exciting and fun was the interactions you'd have with people as you leveled.
Folks went out of their way to search for other players to replace them in a party if they had to go. I still have friends I game with that I met in FFXI almost 2 decades ago.

Yes yes I know. You could still solo as a war/whm if you REALLY wanted to.

Not without first needing a party to get to level 18, then collecting all the items you need to unlock the subclass ability.
The only class that was able to solo efficiently in the pre 30 levels without needing a subclass was Black Mage, and even then you could only kill goblin pets.

>be retarded nip devs
>'oooh look that MMO has an unbeatable boss! we need one too!'
>Make absolute virtue
>game is so fucking broken your players kill it
>ban and update
>game is so fucking broken your players kill it by exploiting kraken club and dark knight
>nerf Dark Knight into the fucking ground and ban
>this goes on for years until you just give up because level caps

The dev team was actively hostile towards its playerbase. Moreso if you were not a member of the glorious nippon race. Hiding content behind literal years of dynamis farming, requiring you level subjobs just to be on par with everyone else which means playing jobs you fucking loath, and lets not forget letting gilsellers completly destroy the ingame economy time and time again while taking over a decade to address it. Oh lets not also forget that to level any job besides beastmaster, you literally need to grind with strangers, meaning if your job was balanced like shit (im looking at you dragoons) you're looking at a 5 year long grindfest assuming you had a life outside the game.

Maybe for Boomers it was ahead of its time by cracking their soft skulls, but this is gaming in 2022. Be thankful that SE has realized if they ever shut the game down, the reminants of the Japanese population that play it will find and execute them.

Attached: 1621235989900.png (324x840, 463.38K)

>Oh lets not also forget that to level any job besides beastmaster, you literally need to grind with strangers
Oh no... You had to play with other people??? In an MMO????? My god, what were they thinking?!

Atleast they banned meta game shit and didn't let it fester. Things like DKKC should NEVER be allowed to exist for more than the discovery period.

XIV fans are rabid dogs I swear to fuck

They certainly aren't smart, playing a game with a subfee AND a cash shop.

youtu.be/MUAJ-cJbOFY

Attached: 080_q_396764_animal_ears_ass_blush_branch_blackrabbits_final_fantasy_fina.jpg (1000x706, 174.14K)

Never forget.

Attached: 1662356998618961.jpg (4515x4246, 2.56M)

You do realize they crippled Dark Knight doing that right?
>Spend a fuck ton of time getting to endgame
>work on merit pointing the fuck out of it
>SE casually shoots you in the dick and shrugs
that moment when your level 37 Warrior you leveled just for the subjob is stronger then your 75 Dark Knight

Attached: rvb.jpg (236x213, 6.79K)

>FF11 is probably gonna outlive WoW despite releasing before it
What a time to be alive, Blizz really shat the bed

Attached: Iroha.png (960x800, 89.59K)

I never liked DK lol. All of the players were total assholes in my experience.

The NA linkshell Kupo was the first Linkshell in the world to kill Jailor of Love.
Also you could level all your classes to 75 in about 3 months if you had a good static that would have members swap out their classes to fill the gaps whenever you all hit 75 on one class.
That's how I was able to do it. I was able to try out every class and yes there were some that I absolutely hated, I could've stopped them at 37, but I kept going to 75 for all of them because I wanted Matt's Cap.
Not to mention I would've never had found that I loved the shit out of WHM especially when I could melee with the rest of my group while continuing to heal.

>safersefferoth has joined your dunes party

WoW will always shamble along in some form, even if there are only like 2k people playing.

You swear to fuck rabid dogs or XIV fans that are akin to rabid dogs?

the granblue collab was amazing
I haven't seen so much soul in granblue fantasy in a long time