Here's the capital of your sprawling fantasy empire bro

>Here's the capital of your sprawling fantasy empire bro

Attached: 1200px-OB-place-Imperial_City.jpg (1200x675, 118.24K)

suspension of disbelief. its an old ass game.

Atleast it exists. Oblivion came out 4 years after Morrowind. They even made fallout 3 in between. It has been almost 7 years since fallout 4 and 12 years since Skyrim. I would rather go back to the older games because atleast we got games then.

>Here is your fun dungeon bro

Attached: D1FoTOUX0AASjGt[1].jpg (1932x901, 380.8K)

>save corrupts
>literally no way troubleshoot / fix it
literally in my top 10 games and it makes me so fucking mad at the same time

Attached: 1639228655532.png (601x532, 275.86K)

It's bigger than all the cities in skyrim together kek

Nothing wrong with that.

I still have more technical issues with Oblivion than any other Bethesda game (and also NV).
Game is just straight busted even with unofficial patches. Opening a door always feels like a diceroll on whether the game will randomly crash, let alone the annoying bugs and retarded NPC behavior.

I mean, this has always been a huge issue with Elder Scrolls games. Oblivion has how much, like 500-600 npcs for a population at most? I'd imagine Skyrim has even less. Almost every npc is named and owns a house, this would require the map to have a 1:1 scale to be able to fit in a realistic population. I hope we'll get there one day.

what do they eat?

thank you sir, I shall enjoy it

Attached: chadderfall.jpg (1300x1766, 1.11M)

>I have no imagination and can't enjoy anything: the post

Attached: 1662251916909319.png (1024x1024, 1.54M)

Imagine if they put all the developer resources and times of the towns on just building the imperial city, and every other place in cyrodiil could have been destroyed due to being less defended.
Would that have been cool and better? Y/N?

Attached: red skies, dark omens.jpg (2560x1440, 527.88K)

skill issue

It would’ve definitely made the oblivion crisis a more believable doomsday event like it is supposed to be.
Better that than just a couple portals spawning outside major cities with two or three daedra standing around outside each of them and then calling it an “invasion”.

barely modded the game but i did do some custom spell fuckery and am a vampire and used the permanent enchantment glitch so I assume it's because of that cause some people report never getting any problems on vanilla (except the classic getting stuck somewhere and the odd buggy quest state).

I don't mind losing an hour of progress because i did dumb shit, but the fact there's no way to restore a previous save and fix the problem going forward is killing the vibe completely.

Attached: 1650961773744.jpg (613x587, 15.92K)

What we thought
>The Imperial City
>Refayj's famous declaration, "There is but one city in the Imperial Province,--" may strike the citizens of the Colovian west as mildly insulting, until perhaps they hear the rest of the remark, which continues, "--but one city in Tamriel, but one city in the World; that, my brothers, is the city of the Cyrodiils." From the shore it is hard to tell what is city and what is Palace, for it all rises from the islands of the lake towards the sky in a stretch of gold. Whole neighborhoods rest on the jeweled bridges that connect the islands together. Gondolas and river-ships sail along the watery avenues of its flooded lower dwellings. Moth-priests walk by in a cloud of ancestors; House Guards hold exceptionally long daikatanas crossed at intersections, adorned with ribbons and dragon-flags; and the newly arrived Western legionnaires sweat in the humid air. The river mouth is tainted red from the tinmi soil of the shore, and river dragons rust their hides in its waters. Across the lake the Imperial City continues, merging into the villages of the southern red river and ruins left from the Interregnum.
>The Emperor's Palace is a crown of sun rays, surrounded by his magical gardens. One garden path is known as Green Emperor Road-here, topiaries of the heads of past Emperors have been shaped by sorcery and can speak. When one must advise Tiber Septim, birds are drawn to the hedgery head, using their songs as its voice and moving its branches for the needed expressions.
what we go
>generic fantasy city #354

>Todd destroys a major part of TES lore because LOTR came out

You have to laugh sometimes

dungeon bigger than the entire imperial capital, lol
post ps2 era was a mistake.
Here is an idea troon dev, just make some of the areas inaccessible for show but no, muh muh muh muh open world!
no art in vidya design anymore, back in the day they had to be clever to set up a stage.

Yes, and?

The Niben Bay isn't even realistic. Chorrol, Bruma, and Skingrad should be desert/stepper due to the prevailing winds being cold if we assume that the prevailing westerlies of the Iliac Bay warm High Rock and Hammerfell lying on the Hadley cell. Only the southeast should be humid subtropical. And the rain shadow effect for Elsewyr wouldn't fucking work since wind carrying rain is coming up from the equator, Skingrad and Bravil should be desert.

The Witcher 3 btfo what ever they were cooking for the next Elder Scrolls game. That is why it got delayed into... oblivion.

Wow, what a huge and pretty ivory city!
You're telling me I can buy a house in here?
Wow! I wonder what it'll look like!

Attached: 1573904490431.jpg (473x473, 15.52K)

>finally wade through he entire dungeon
>still no sign of the target
>finally use the console to reveal it
>there's a massive area behind one hidden door in the ass end of the labyrinth
I try not to activate smaller dungeons, but sometimes Daggerfall seems like it's forcing my hand. I'm just glad you run at the speed of sound as a werewolf.

Attached: marios a nigger....png (282x289, 6.56K)

>young me liked my tiny hovel anyways
I was easy to please.

Attached: 1592012567006.png (439x470, 287.04K)

its either this or a vast looking set piece that is walled off.

The witcher 3 is great but it is nothing like bethesda rpgs, you cannot mod them into whatever you want and that sense of freedom is gone. If they did that (they didn't) that was a very cucked decision because they weren't the same kind of game at all and TES 6 would still be played today just like TES 5 is still being played today and actually GAINING players.

Is bethesda even developing anything other than starfield? Are they so desperate for todd to be available before they start making tes 6?

Witcher 3 is nothing like TES at all
I stopped after getting to the big city I was tired of playing geralt instead of my own character