Tfw you want to get better at melee but the scene around you is all ultimate shit so you can't properly improve

>tfw you want to get better at melee but the scene around you is all ultimate shit so you can't properly improve

Attached: 250px-Dashdance.gif (250x188, 617.12K)

maybe you should drop the dead game and start playing ultimate

I'd rathee fight foxes falcos marths and cpt falcons
Rather than just Steve lmao (formerly just Joker)

melee lives while the smash 4 only cares about the sequels. i was there. i saw it. the ult community is just the smash 4 community. melee still lives on

> the ult community is just the smash 4 community
no shit sherlock. Ult is a direct upgrade from smash 4 in almost every way except online features. we're not "the smash 4 community", we're the smash community. We play the latest and greatest just like the community in every other multiplayer game with a competitive scene.

slippi is so fucking good though, you can definitely improve through that too. Ultimate's online is so shit that you can't improve unless you have good players nearby.

I can't even play Melee anymore since my hands are kind of shot and the gamecube controller really hurts after an hour.

I agree with this, Ult has way too many annoying matchups and it's easy to get gimmicked out. It's the same problem Tekken 7 has; there are just way too many chars. I love the top tiers in Melee because they're fun to watch and play, but Ult has so many boring/irritating characters that are not fun to deal with.

a good friend of mine has been obsessed with melee for 10 years plus. i wouldnt wish that lifestyle on my worst enemy

Your friend is obsessed with one of the greatest games ever made? Sounds based as fuck.

it is a physically and mentally ruinous obsession

a game that will never die because its just that good. wish more games were made like this. sucks it happened by accident

>OP can't practice his child molestation because he doesn't like the same game as the pedos near him
Good?

I just practice using training mode mods and play online against others for fun, favorite matchup to play is Shiek vs my Peach.

Attached: 343-3439604_princess-peach-melee.jpg (920x1086, 298.79K)

Slippi (which auto records games), solo-practice, and online tournaments are all more than enough to get better, if you aren't able to get better, you either have horrible internet, or aren't trying.

Play a real fighting game. Meleetards for some reason think they're better than those who play the later entries in the series but can't realize its still smash. The only person you have as an export is fucking Leffen of all people and even then he drops every game once solid competition appears (See DBFZ).

You’re mixing up melee with brawl/4/ultfags

The game is too hard honestly
The same couple of guys have won every tournament for the past decade because nobody else can come close without 5+ years of practicing 10 hours every day

Jmook suddenly showed up and started winning things or getting close.
But he’s definitely been grinding for years even if nobody knew who he was.

>I love the top tiers in Melee because they're fun to watch and play

Attached: dsa.png (1600x900, 448.23K)

Zain and JMook have been doing numbers. Same with IBDW.

bad bait

Peach is fun to watch
Jiggly is snoozeville

The most i do with smash is just fuck around in training mode. I put 1k hours in ultimate doing just that. I like melee more than ultimate but its too hard for me and gives me hand pain. Rivals of Aether is a good middleground for me