Is it worth playing?

Is it worth playing?

Attached: twewy.jpg (500x450, 65.53K)

yes

Attached: 1589968358206.png (479x463, 315.26K)

No, their garbage game won't ever be relevant.

/thread
it's past your bed time barry

Is this game gonna emulate well or is there a bunch of wanky stylus shit?

Yes absolutely. If you're playing on phone using ds emulator, this is the layout I recommend. The bottom right button is for simulating microphone noise, useful for some pins. Also I advise you to activate at least two cheats, first is to make pins always evolve so you don't have to deal with the different PP bullshit and the second is to make food bytes consumption at 0 at all times.

Attached: Screenshot_2022-09-05-08-19-33-028_com.dsemu.drastic.jpg (2340x1080, 897.59K)

Nope. One of the few "cult classics" on Any Forums I tried that was actually just shit.

Yes, it's great

Why is it shit?

Story, characters, linear and limited game progression, gimmicky combat, setting. Pretty much everything. Why even bother asking if you're a fanboy who's going to respond with "No that's wrong and it's great" to literally anything I say?

Yes. Just know that the first third of the game is basically one long tutorial, and it's needed because if you haven't played TWEWY then you haven't played a game like TWEWY. Be patient with it, I promise it all comes together eventually.

Yes but you need to play it on an actual DS/3DS. Easy enough since 3DS is easily hacked now.

Attached: TWEWY012.jpg (256x384, 24.26K)

No that's wrong and it's great

Source: I have very good taste

Attached: 238750-twewy2.jpg (638x957, 247.05K)

>Story
Sure, it's certainly adolescent but the messages are nice and the arcs are charming.

>characters
If you didn't get past the first week then fair. Neku is a shit and Shiki is working really hard to crack his shell. It's all setup for what occurs later though and Neku dramatically improves as a character over the course of the game.

>linear and limited game progression
Main game, sure. Post-game, not as much.

>gimmicky combat
Hate to say it but you got filtered. It's an action RPG with a fantastic rhythm to it once it clicks, and Neku's skill customization is incredibly varied.

>setting
This is the one where I have to say you're just wrong. Shibuya is a fucking based setting and it stands out compared to most games out there.

I played the Switch port and it was pretty fun. I've read the original play better though, but I still enjoyed it.

Both play fine for what they are but the DS version is much more harmonic with the game's themes of being in sync with another person.

Do you like the "death games" anime genre?

>Shibuya is a fucking based setting and it stands out compared to most games out there.
It's so played out that it's a cliche. How many more fucking games/anime are gonna be set around that scramble crossing?

its a masterpiece

Honestly emulating the game is an option but it is a very difficult process that can easily frustrate you but it is possible

It's super great
The game's combat is entirely based around using the buttons and stylus simultaneously to control two characters. If you want to play the original you should either get a flashcart or mod a 3DS and play it off an SD card
There are ports of the game on android and Switch that change the controls if you don't have a DS or 3DS, most people say it's a slightly worse experience (I haven't played the ports) and I think the unique combat system of TWEWY on DS is the best thing it has going for it but the music/visuals/characters are also great so I'm sure it would still be a good time with more standard combat