Lets the main bad guy live despite killing everyone else

>lets the main bad guy live despite killing everyone else

Attached: ezio.jpg (1400x1400, 141.99K)

>ezio outright states "killing you won't bring my family back"
>op still can't into basic character development

It's not character development to leave a trail of bodies all the way to the villain's doorstep and then suddenly decide for no specific reason that you've learned revenge is bad, particularly when the man you're hunting is an evil shithead and will continue to do bad things to people if you spare him.

Is that why he killed the several hundred random soldiers along the way? To bring his family back?

>If YoU KiLl HiM YoU'lL Be JuSt LiKe HiM!1!

Think you're forgetting that Rodrigo is an actual historical figure who didn't die until years later. They had to write their way out of it somehow.
I see it as Ezio letting him live with his defeat and shattered delusions. In Brotherhood he is weaker and spineless, and has Cesare push him around and eventually kill him.
If Ezio killed Rodrigo he would've been replaced by some other Templar, whether it was Cesare or someone else.

Oh, I realize that the actual reason he spares him is because he didn't die then in real life. But it still makes Ezio retarded and arguably evil. It's pretty hard to justify destroying countless lives to stop an evil man but then letting him go when you finally have him.

Self-defense, they would've killed him

Because he was on a mission to kill their boss(es). If he wasn't going to do anything to Rodrigo then there was no point in him ever coming into conflict with those soldiers.

Attached: 222222.png (400x346, 209.36K)

Even the other assassins call him out for that

Tbh it doesn't even truly backfire on Ezio. You can see Rodrigo admonish and try to dissuade Cesare from his campaign against the assassins when you're sneaking into the Castello. Chances are Cesare's siege of Monteriggioni would have happened anyway.

>*cough*
"jOeL woULdN't WaNT THiS..."
>*cough*
God, I hate Cuck Mann so fucking much, thanks TLOU2, I hate it.

Giovanni’s robes are the best.

Shame the Roman robes turned into Ezio's main outfit going forward, it's the worst looking of the three

isn't it because he wanted Rodrigo to see that he's stealing his lifelong goal right in front of him? and it was the right decision since Cesare would of attacked Monteriggioni anyway and Rodrigo took the L in grace and disapproved of the invasion

Attached: 1660594122158.png (1000x563, 954.71K)

Agreed. Even For Honor and Fortnite used the superior Giovanni robes for their AC events.
Think Ubisoft is just too lazy to model the other robes

Man this series really fell off its rocker. I still think 2, Brotherhood and BF are worth playing but it just goes downhill from there.

We can always hope Mirage is a return to form. Then again the change to RPG has been selling well, no? I'd see no reason for them to do so.

Roman robes were fucking awful. The hood looked like it barely fit his head.

Attached: da57ee0fc8637e2068adf56a29609965e96da80d_hq.jpg (360x775, 52.7K)

The ezio trilogy are really the only games you need to play to get the feel of the series. Maybe Black Flag but nothing else outside of that.

I never liked assassins creed, boring combat, wonky controls and movement, bizarre stealth mechanics. Freedom cry killed all interest in the series.

not even Unity?

The Brutus armor was an odd choice, it's so antithetical to the assassin vibe. Makes Ezio look like a bear falling from a tree